PDA

View Full Version : Defense, Mr Foulke...

Tragg
04-02-2002, 11:30 AM
Watching the highlights on ESPN, that was a pretty nifty stab by Foulke, and then the look and hold, on the grounder in the ninth. Hard hit and to his left.

On the bottom side, Konerko, if I recall, made several key errors last year. Hope he straightens that out.

Procol Harum
04-02-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
On the bottom side, Konerko, if I recall, made several key errors last year. Hope he straightens that out.

Unfortunately, I fear Paulie would need a genetic makeover to get much better. He's a great hitter, a real worker and has a great attitude but as a fielder, he'll top out as an average first baseman. Fortunately, he can do more with that than with his lack of speed--shades of Sherm Lollar and Ed Herrmann.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-02-2002, 11:41 AM
yeah his glove really saved us there. however it shouldnt of even gotten to the point where it was in that situation.

Pete Ward
04-02-2002, 11:59 AM
On the bottom side, Konerko, if I recall, made several key errors last year

Konerko = Dr Stangeglove

Paulwny
04-02-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Pete Ward

Konerko = Dr Stangeglove

Marvelous Marv Throneberry is alive and well in Konerko's glove.

CubKilla
04-02-2002, 12:31 PM
That was a great stab! I had to listen to the game on the radio because I was working. Radio doesn't do that play justice. I thought it was a grounder hit gently back to him with Foulke keeping the runner at third. That play saved the game. Thank God for ESPN!