PDA

View Full Version : When all else fails...

DaBearsSoxBulls3
06-26-2007, 08:51 AM
play the Devil Rays, its nice to see that we arent the worst team in the league.

downstairs
06-26-2007, 08:56 AM
You realize they have a better record than us, right?

DaBearsSoxBulls3
06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
You realize they have a better record than us, right?

So....

You realize that they have never finished higher than 4th, wait, have they ever even finished 4th?

WizardsofOzzie
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
So....

You realize that they have never finished higher than 4th, wait, have they ever even finished 4th?
So because they are always battling Baltimore for last place it makes them a bad team? Boston and New York are almost always guaranteed to finish 1-2 in that division and Toronto has usually taken 3rd as of recent IIRC. They always have had a good core of young guys and veterans, especially this year with Young, Shields, Kazmir, Upton, Reyes and Iwamura. They may not be better than us but they are sure as hell playing better than us. Give credit where it's due

DaBearsSoxBulls3
06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
So because they are always battling Baltimore for last place it makes them a bad team? Boston and New York are almost always guaranteed to finish 1-2 in that division and Toronto has usually taken 3rd as of recent IIRC. They always have had a good core of young guys and veterans, especially this year with Young, Shields, Kazmir, Upton, Reyes and Iwamura. They may not be better than us but they are sure as hell playing better than us. Give credit where it's due

HUH??? What are they due credit for??? They are horrid. You'd think they would at least crack .500 in 10 years.

TDog
06-27-2007, 12:08 AM
So....

The Devil Rays have finished as high as fourth only once, the only year they won as many as seven games. But how they played in past years, or even past weeks, doesn't mean they can't win tomorrow. The other Florida team has never finished first, and it has won two World Series titles.

UserNameBlank
06-27-2007, 12:15 AM
HUH??? What are they due credit for??? They are horrid. You'd think they would at least crack .500 in 10 years.
I'd trade the entire White Sox major league and minor league teams for the entire Devil Rays major league and minor league teams in a heatbeat. The only reasons TB isn't competitive now is:

1. They won't deal their prospects for veteran players.
2. They won't sign veteran FA unless they are over the hill/coming off of bad seasons and/or injury.

If the Sox had a core of Kazmir-Shields-Crawford-Young-Upton with others like Longoria on their way and decent position players like Baldelli and Iwamura, we'd be contenders for the next five years because KW would spend the money and make the deals.

It took TB a very long time to get to the point they are at now. Take that team and put it in a decent market with a GM willing to take risks and within a year you have yourself one of the best teams in baseball.

chaerulez
06-27-2007, 12:24 AM

What I care about is 2007 not the past. The Devil Rays have a better 2007 baseball team than the White Sox.

JB98
06-27-2007, 12:46 AM
What I care about is 2007 not the past. The Devil Rays have a better 2007 baseball team than the White Sox.

I disagree. I would be willing to bet you a significant amount of money that the Sox finish with a better record than the Devil Rays this year.

areilly
06-27-2007, 01:28 AM
So....

I fail to see what bearing that has on the fact that they and the Sox are about equidistant from the height of their respective powers. As in, the D-Rays have as far to go to the top as the Sox have fallen from it. If I were building a team from the two rosters, I suspect most would come from TB.

FedEx227
06-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I fail to see what bearing that has on the fact that they and the Sox are about equidistant from the height of their respective powers. As in, the D-Rays have as far to go to the top as the Sox have fallen from it. If I were building a team from the two rosters, I suspect most would come from TB.

C- AJ
1B- Konerko
2B- Upton
SS- Wash?
3B- Iwamura
LF- Crawford
CF- Baldelli
RF- Young

SP- Garland
SP- Buehrle
SP- Kazmir
SP- Shields
SP- Vazquez

areilly
06-27-2007, 02:14 AM
C- AJ
1B- Konerko
2B- Upton
SS- Wash?
3B- Iwamura
LF- Crawford
CF- Baldelli
RF- Young

SP- Garland
SP- Buehrle
SP- Kazmir
SP- Shields
SP- Vazquez

Now that's what I call a team. Who's joining me on the Sox Rays bandwagon? :D:

Gammons Peter
06-27-2007, 12:15 PM
When all else fails, we can whip the horses eyes
And make them sleep, and cry

Sorry, couldnt resist

soxfan13
06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
C- AJ
1B- Konerko
2B- Upton
SS- Wash?
3B- Iwamura
LF- Crawford
CF- Baldelli
RF- Young

SP- Garland
SP- Buehrle
SP- Kazmir
SP- Shields
SP- Vazquez

I dont know but I would give Iwamura a full season before annointing him a good third baseman. He started out on fire and after he came back from injury he has been in a steady decline.