PDA

View Full Version : Cubs-Rockies

South Side Irish
06-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone watching? Cubs just gave up 6 runs in the top of the 9th to cough up a 5 run lead. Oops!

Edit. Now the Rockies are doing their best to give it right back in the bottom, with God - I mean Soriano coming up.

Brian26
06-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Based on the douchebag who's yelling down the hall from me, I have a feeling the Scrubs just won.

Gavin
06-25-2007, 10:46 PM
THE CUBS HAVE JUST WON A REGULAR SEASON GAME AGAINST COLORADOTHE WORLD SERIES!!!

cleanwsox
06-25-2007, 10:48 PM
And they still didn't gain any ground on the Brewers.

Awwww :smile:

esbrechtel
06-25-2007, 10:55 PM
thats crappy...they deserved to lose

valkyrie
06-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh that was painful (the Rockies are my #2 team). I die a little every time things don't go well for Fuentes.

That said, I've been dreaming about trade scenarios that involve Troy Tulowitzki going to the White Sox. That kid is amazing, seriously.

HotelWhiteSox
06-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Uggh, ESPN treated this like the greatest comeback ever. Led off their shows, Bunch of interviews after, showing the manager press conference, fans chanting, etc. Now tonight, the next night, they show it again and do the Soriano hit in slow motion and try to make it all dramatic while playing Kasper's call (bad broadcast voice by the way)

I followed a game online weeks ago where the Twins came down from like 8 runs and then lost in extras and didn't hear this much about it

At least the anchor threw in a dig about fans on the field

Soxfanspcu11
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
while playing Kasper's call (bad broadcast voice by the way)

Thank You for saying this!!!

I thought that my friends and I were the only ones who could not stand Kasper. Infact, 2 of my friends who were in this discussion are cubs fans and they both said that they can not stand him. He's not bad when he is just talking normally and he is actually a good play by play guy, I mean, he is on top of things and does have a pretty good knowledge of the game (for a guy who has never played). But when he gets excited and yells, it is HORRIBLE! It actually makes my ears hurt! I don't understand why ANYONE would want to use his "excited calls" in their shows, it is really bad.

Like I said, he is actually pretty good when he is just calling the game, and I think that Bob Brennly is pretty good as well. But when Kasper gets "excited", he may have one of the most annoying voices EVER!