PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Thoughts

Bucktown
04-02-2002, 08:45 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if, after all this griping about Sox pitching, we end up having the Cy Young winner on this team?

Wouldn't it be ironic if it is the Yankees, and not the Sox, that have the bats but not the pitching. I know it was just one game, but old age has to be catching up with Roger Clemens and they do have David Wells on their team who probably won't stay healthy. I know they still have Hernandez, Petite, Hitchcock and Rivera, but I have this hunch they are going to have trouble getting people out all year long.

34 Inch Stick
04-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Clemens, Mussina, Pettite, Wells and Hernandez v. Buhrle, Ritchie, Wright, Garland and Rauch. It would be more than ironic, it would be a sign of the apocalypse.

Procol Harum
04-02-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Clemens, Mussina, Pettite, Wells and Hernandez v. Buhrle, Ritchie, Wright, Garland and Rauch. It would be more than ironic, it would be a sign of the apocalypse.

That would turn everything on its head, indeed, true "every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill shall be made low" stuff.

Chisox_cali
04-02-2002, 03:42 PM
.......Or Alanis Morisette does a free concert :D:

Huisj
04-02-2002, 04:39 PM
How about this for a down fall of the yankee pitching staff

-Clemens' hand is actually hurt a lot worse than thought, he misses some time, and pitches lousy when he gets back.
-The arm pain Pettitte was feeling some during spring training turns out to be something real, and he gets shut down in a month
-Wells' back goes out by July.
-The Duke proves to us all that his 46 year old body really can't handle pitching a lot, and he stinks down the stretch.

Not like that stuff will happen, but wouldn't it be nice . . .