PDA

View Full Version : JR has blood on his hands as well

Fenway
06-25-2007, 03:58 PM
No owner LIKES Scott Boras but JR's refusal to let the White Sox draft anyone who is signed with him is pure folly.

If you are a young player with talent who would you want tio represent you?

http://www.laweekly.com/general/features/the-boras-factor/16440/

miker
06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm just waiting for Crede's back to do its impression of Magglio's knee when Joe moves on to a contender. :(:

jackbrohamer
06-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Ask Bobby Hill how not signing after he was drafted, and then holding out and playing in an unaffiliated minor league, helped advance his career.

TDog
06-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Ask Bobby Hill how not signing after he was drafted, and then holding out and playing in an unaffiliated minor league, helped advance his career.

In all fairness to Bobby Hill, he did go to the Cubs and achieved his dream by signing with them. And for about 15 minutes, the Cubs promoted him as a future Hall of Famer.

Hitmen77
06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Have there been any players the Sox passed up in the amateur draft because they are Boras clients who are now successful in the MLB? I have heard this mentioned as a problem the last few days, but I haven't heard of any specific examples where player "x" could be with us right now if not for our policy.

Huisj
06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm just waiting for Crede's back to do its impression of Magglio's knee when Joe moves on to a contender. :(:

So his back will turn into a mysterious hernia for a year? :smile:

Soxfest
06-25-2007, 04:51 PM
SOS from scouting dept nothing will change Sox draft spam and leave the steak.:angry: This guy was appointed to the job NOT hired!

jabrch
06-25-2007, 05:21 PM
SOS from scouting dept nothing will change Sox draft spam and leave the steak.:angry: This guy was appointed to the job NOT hired!

That's absolutely ridiculous.

jabrch
06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
THere's no reason to draft a kid and put yourself in a position where you have to pay him a crazy amount of money to sign if you don't think he is worth it. We have drafted good players who we knew we'd sign, and who we believe will make the majors, and have avoided dealing with Boras. That's a win.

Signing Joe Borchard and paying his price didn't get us anywhere, did it? The MLB draft is littered with Borchards. If the right player was there for us, Boras client or not, and the Sox wanted him, I'm sure we'd draft him. Next year we will be likely drafting top 5. Let's see how that goes.

balke
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
I'll never blame JR for not doing business with Boras. You can win without his players, and if he's been dirty in negotiations I applaud the team boycotting him.

jackbrohamer
06-25-2007, 05:41 PM
No owner LIKES Scott Boras but JR's refusal to let the White Sox draft anyone who is signed with him is pure folly.

So what's your point, that now that the Sox are in a tailspin everything they've done in the past is garbage?

DumpJerry
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I love how the article failed to mention how he lied his butt off to the Rangers when doing the A-Rod contract even though they mention the negotiations.:rolleyes:

By the way, Boras keeps his license to practice law in Illinois active.

johnr1note
06-25-2007, 09:28 PM

John Danks is represented by Boras. I know he wasn't drafted by the Sox, but we did just recently acquire him. So much for pure folly.