PDA

View Full Version : Fenway park

foulkesfan11
04-02-2002, 09:11 AM
Has anyone been to Fenway park? I checked into buying tickets for the May 20th game when the Sox go to Boston. All they have available are grandstand seats for $44 a piece! I'm still going to go. Can anyone recommend some sights to see in Boston while I'm there?

rmusacch
04-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Has anyone been to Fenway park? I checked into buying tickets for the May 20th game when the Sox go to Boston. All they have available are grandstand seats for $44 a piece! I'm still going to go. Can anyone recommend some sights to see in Boston while I'm there?

I went to Fenway for the 1999 All Star Game. It was fun. I did not really get to see much as I was there for only 24 hours.

kermittheefrog
04-02-2002, 10:15 AM
I went to Fenway a couple years ago. It's really an incredible park. I was only there for about 24 hours myself but my mom and I did have time to grab some local food. Check out Legal Seafood, it was the best seafood I've ever had. Although it was a pretty pricey meal...

doublem23
04-02-2002, 10:20 AM
I was in Boston last year... It's really a nice town, but we were only there for a day, so I didn't get to do much.

If you're into all that American history stuff, though, there's a ton of things to do.

As for the park, ahhh... It's nice and all, but the fans are pretty annoying, and it's kind of like Wrigley. Everyone likes it because its old and supposedly so nice, but in reality, it's rather uncomfortable, and you can tell it was built some 80 years ago.

I dunno. I enjoyed it. Considering I go to Comiskey for about 99% of the games I've seen, it was a change of scenery.