PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Tampa this week!

SOXfnNlansing
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I'll be there in sec 119 row R with full Sox garb! Staying at the Rennissance Vinoy Resort. There are 5 of us going if anyone wants to get together PM.

ChiSoxGirl
06-25-2007, 03:05 PM
I'll be there in sec 119 row R with full Sox garb! Staying at the Rennissance Vinoy Resort. There are 5 of us going if anyone wants to get together PM.

I'm flying in tomorrow- should arrive TPA at 1p EDT. Lucky you- you're staying at the Sox's hotel! I'm staying at a place in St. Pete Beach, so I'm about 10 miles from the ballpark.

I don't have tickets yet, so I'm buying them when I get to the ballpark tomorrow. I PMd you a little while ago, so hopefully we can meet up.

salty99
06-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm flying in tomorrow- should arrive TPA at 1p EDT. Lucky you- you're staying at the Sox's hotel! I'm staying at a place in St. Pete Beach, so I'm about 10 miles from the ballpark.

I don't have tickets yet, so I'm buying them when I get to the ballpark tomorrow. I PMd you a little while ago, so hopefully we can meet up.

St. Pete Beach is awesome! I was just there end of April/beginning of May.

ChiSoxGirl
06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
St. Pete Beach is awesome! I was just there end of April/beginning of May.

Mind if I ask where you stayed? I found this place called the Grand Plaza Beach Front Resort & Conference Center through united.com completely on accident and it looks beautiful. I got it for a complete STEAL and can't wait to get there tomorrow!

salty99
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
I stayed at a small place, Beach Haven Resort. The place you're at is just down the beach and we ate there for dinner one night at Spinners. It's a really nice place where the tables move around in a big circle giving you a 360 degree view of the beach and the downtown area. It's great for watching the sunset. WE also ate lunch one day at the outdoor place which was pretty good as well. Prices are alot cheaper this time of year because it's the slow time/hurricane season.

There are alot of great places to eat there though especially if you like seafood.

We saw a D-Rays/Twins game with about 5000 of our closest friends. I couldn't believe how expensive the tickets are though near the dugouts. We just got ones in the outfield adn walked around wherever. I HIGHLY recommend the Ted Williams Hitting museum inside the park. It is AWESOME!

ChiSoxGirl
06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
I stayed at a small place, Beach Haven Resort. The place you're at is just down the beach and we ate there for dinner one night at Spinners. It's a really nice place where the tables move around in a big circle giving you a 360 degree view of the beach and the downtown area. It's great for watching the sunset. WE also ate lunch one day at the outdoor place which was pretty good as well. Prices are alot cheaper this time of year because it's the slow time/hurricane season.

There are alot of great places to eat there though especially if you like seafood.

We saw a D-Rays/Twins game with about 5000 of our closest friends. I couldn't believe how expensive the tickets are though near the dugouts. We just got ones in the outfield adn walked around wherever. I HIGHLY recommend the Ted Williams Hitting museum inside the park. It is AWESOME!

Thanks for the tips about the restaurants! I'll keep those in mind. :thumbsup:

Someone on this board told me that about 8000 people go to D-Rays games during the week, which is why I'm waiting until I get there to buy my tickets. I've heard that as long as you "look like you belong there," you can move close to the dugouts from a seat elsewhere in the park, so I don't plan on spending a fortune on tickets.

WizardsofOzzie
06-25-2007, 04:24 PM

Good luck at the game Jen! You think it's bad that I drive from Indy and the Sox lose, so I can't imagine what it's going to be like if you go to Tampa and they lose. I'll be :praying: for you! Drink a twisted tea for me :redneck

jenn2080
06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Good luck at the game Jen! You think it's bad that I drive from Indy and the Sox lose, so I can't imagine what it's going to be like if you go to Tampa and they lose. I'll be :praying: for you! Drink a twisted tea for me :redneck

Has to be better than going to 2 cities and 4 games to only have them win one game.

soxfanatlanta
06-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Has to be better than going to 2 cities and 4 games to only have them win one game.

Hey Jenn2080,

If you are mobile (car), be sure to hit Frenchy's Rockaway Grill in Clearwater; it the best bar in the universe. Order the Bahamian Grouper sandwich, have a Wabo-wita, listen to the live music and watch the sunset on the gulf. Be careful, you might not want to come back...ever.

No kidding.

enjoy!

WizardsofOzzie
06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8546/millerlitexy6.jpg

Proud sponsor of the 2007 Chicago White Sox fanbase because dammit we need it :gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
06-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Thanks! I'm hoping for at least one win out of the two games I'm going to! But even if they drop both, at least I can head back to St. Pete Beach and relax while enjoying a twisted tea to take my mind off of the team. :wink:

Hey Jenn2080,

If you are mobile (car), be sure to hit Frenchy's Rockaway Grill in Clearwater; it the best bar in the universe. Order the Bahamian Grouper sandwich, have a Wabo-wita, listen to the live music and watch the sunset on the gulf. Be careful, you might not want to come back...ever.

No kidding.

enjoy!
I'm going to Tampa, not jenn2080. :redface: I'm renting a car, so I'll keep your plan in mind- it sounds awesome!

soxfanreggie
06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Anybody going, one of the best ways to get tickets is to find the ladies outside selling tickets. There are a few ladies that we run into down there that sell their husband's tickets for half price, then take the money and go to the mall. We would always get seats behind the dugout for $10, until my uncle got season seats for his business.

The crowd at the last game I went to was around 5,000 (announced at 9,500), so the Sox fans can take over this game. Sarasota (30 min away) is home base to a lot of Sox fans still from spring training. My family usually all head up for at least one of the games there.