PDA

View Full Version : Reply to a Cubs fan, who happens to be a friend.

HerzogVon
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
This may well be the last you ever hear from me, as it quite possibly could get me banned. However, it comes straight from the heart. It's something I sent to a good friend just moments ago.

>>Rowand gets traded...(granted, for Thome)...but he appears to have been the heart of the team...<<

Uh, would you care to repeat that for my friends at WSI ( White Sox Interactive ) Forum? I've been harping on that trade for a year and a half. I seem to remember you pooh-poohing it when I said that they'd regret getting rid of Rowand. Something about your son-in-law's opinion, if I recall. But, what does he know? He's like almost everyone who hangs out there - ( except for me, if you please ) - pig ignorant, and just plain wrong!

All right, I'll say it again; two things happened to start this team on it's inevitable decline; both after the 2005 championship season:

1.) The trading of Rowand for Thome. Now, not only was giving up Rowand - the heart of the team, as you so aptly put it - a huge mistake, but so was the acquisition of Big Stiff. He had to be the WORST PLAYER for this particular team that Kenny "The Gardner" could have found. I don't give a rat's ass if he's the nicest guy in the world, the big lug was born without adrenal glands. He couldn't show less fire if he were sculpted from asbestos! HE HAS TO GO!!!

2.) The gross mishandling of the Frank Thomas affair. Yeah, I know; to you he's the Big Skirt. Well, you're wrong! Frank gave so much to this team. He should have played out his carreer here, but Kenny's ego got in the way. You see, Kenny is a macho ******* with a Type A personality. Frank is basically passive-aggressive. The two are like oil and water; they don't mix. Anyway - and even most WSI folk will admit this - it was Kenny who forced the confrontation. Way to go, dick head!

One other note: Although Kenny is ultimately responsible for both of these abominations of judgement, he was aided and abetted by Paul Konerko, who has somehow managed to become the defacto co-manager of this mess we call the 2007 White Sox. Paulie should be packed up along with Kenny "The Genius" and Big Stiff, and shipped off to some baseball Siberia - hopefully never to be heard from again.

So, there you have it.

( Still ) Frank "Trader" Lane

CLR01
06-25-2007, 01:33 PM
My god, some of you seriously need to go talk to someone about your obsession with Aaron Rowand. It is not normal or healthy. Really, they will help end the grieving process and help you move on with your life. :rolleyes:

esbrechtel
06-25-2007, 01:36 PM
My god, some of you seriously need to go talk to someone about your obsession with Aaron Rowand. It is not normal or healthy. Really, they will help end the grieving process and help you move on with your life. :rolleyes:
HERE HERE! Being a free agent this season, it will be interesting what these Obsessive Rowand fans will say if the Sox resign him and if they suck again next year...
Don't get me wrong I liked Rowand but come on he is not Jesus....

WizardsofOzzie
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
:threadblows: :threadsucks :rowand

Gammons Peter
06-25-2007, 01:50 PM

I agree with you.....for once

Rocky Soprano
06-25-2007, 01:52 PM
If your love for Rowand is so great, why not just become a Phillies fan and be done with it?

CLR01
06-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I agree with you.....for once

:party:

credefan24
06-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Not trying to be sarcastic here, but how does Rowand coming back/staying, solve any of the bullpen issues?

It's a team effort. you cannot blame the failures on one guy, one department, one issue. It's everything!
Win as a team, lose as a team.

Risk
06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Not this **** again.:rolleyes:

For Pete's sake, Aaron Rowand is not a god among men--people need to stop deluding themselves with the notion that trading Rowand for Jim Thome, yes JIM THOME (he of 480+ homeruns and lefty power hitter that the team craved for so long), was the cause of the White Sox failing to repeat last year and this season's cluster**** of monumental proportions.

Sorry for the harsh language, but this "Bring back ARow" **** has got to stop.:angry:

End rant.

Risk

ilsox7
06-25-2007, 01:57 PM
It still amazes me that people who seemingly read WSI daily are so uneducated about certain aspects of the Sox. The Frank contract situation, Thome trade and its impact on PK staying, and value of Rowand are constantly misstated solely to support one’s “argument.”

jenn2080
06-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Aaron Rowand is not immortal.

bryPt
06-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Aaron Rowand is not immortal.

yes he is, and warm and fuzzy as well:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_W6YuhWU3sm8/Rntl3m0jnAI/AAAAAAAAAM0/pcSwMseG9ic/s1600-h/warmandfuzzy2.jpg

and still has the fire, and ...

rocky biddle
06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/rockybiddle/rowandthreadssuck.jpg

getonbckthr
06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey all you Rowandsessed next year he is free agent. Gather up like 35 million dollars and you could probably sign him to be your personal CF.

Bulls_Fan
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
I would have kept Rowand and went in another direction for a left-handed stick. I have no overwhelming love for Aaron but the absence of a quality CF is hurting our team. Thome did not add a new dimension to this team, nearly accented one we already had present.

WizardsofOzzie
06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
bravo...New tag mods? :D:

mrfourni
06-25-2007, 04:54 PM

well done

jenn2080
06-25-2007, 04:56 PM

awesome :rolling:

Dan Mega
06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Rocky B wins the internets.:bandance:

tick53
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Don't take this personally but....
:threadblows:

DumpJerry
06-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Not trying to be sarcastic here, but how does Rowand coming back/staying, solve any of the bullpen issues?
Have you seen his 12-6 curve ball? His blood is ice water when he enters a game in the 8th with the Phils holding onto a one-run lead, bases loaded, no outs and a .356 hitter at the plate.

To the thread maker (HerzogVon): what did your friend, who happens to be a Cub fan, say to get this response? What if your friend happened to be a Sox fan? Or a Padres fan? Just curious.

The Critic
06-25-2007, 06:49 PM

This needs to be auto-tagged as the 2nd post in any Aaron Rowand thread.
Nicely done!!

Tekijawa
06-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Could you imagie how bad the Phillies would be with out Rowand "the leader" on their team? They proabably wouldn't have won a game so far this season, or last for that matter, and we would be on our way to our third strait World Series after securing our 76th win this past Sunday...

As for the teams treatment of Frank, you must have forgotten what was done to Fisk... That was about 8000 time worse... Tell your Cubs fan friend to fix his own team before analyzing ours. I can think of at least 99 reasons to try and fix them first.

rdivaldi
06-25-2007, 10:39 PM
One other note: Although Kenny is ultimately responsible for both of these abominations of judgement, he was aided and abetted by Paul Konerko, who has somehow managed to become the defacto co-manager of this mess we call the 2007 White Sox. Paulie should be packed up along with Kenny "The Genius" and Big Stiff, and shipped off to some baseball Siberia - hopefully never to be heard from again.

:thud:

100% guaranteed that tripe like this would be reprinted in the Trib as a letter to the editor or in the "Ask Mark Gonzalez" section.

California Sox
06-25-2007, 11:20 PM
:thud:

100% guaranteed that tripe like this would be reprinted in the Trib as a letter to the editor or in the "Ask Mark Gonzalez" section.

Are you kidding? That is Mark Gonzalez.

DumpJerry
06-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Could you imagie how bad the Phillies would be with out Rowand "the leader" on their team? They proabably wouldn't have won a game so far this season, or last for that matter, and we would be on our way to our third strait World Series after securing our 76th win this past Sunday...
5,800+ posts Teki, and you still don't get it.:rolleyes:
:tealtutor: