PDA

View Full Version : Columnists

Lip Man 1
06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Lots of columns today, some good, some I disagree with a lot (think Rick Morrissey) but this is the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Feel free to post other column comments ect with this one. (It'll make it easier from the mods)

Lip

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/sports/ladewski/442209,251LAD1.article

Malgar 12
06-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Interesting that he says Iguchi wants to play on the West Coast next year. I wonder if that's as accurate at the "99% probability" Buehrle will re-sign?

Lip Man 1
06-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Malgar:

I read about this, I want to say, ten days ago or so in another story (Cowley??).

For whatever reason or reasons he doesn't look like the same player from two years ago.

Lip

WisSoxFan
06-25-2007, 01:55 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/otl/index

Here is a link to an "Outside The Lines" segment that is going to run on the Sox fall from grace today.

soxrme
06-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Phil Rogers had a good column today and really unloaded on KW. Some will not agree with it but many will. I do not know how to link it, one of you guys will have to do it.

jackbrohamer
06-25-2007, 02:31 PM
... I do not know how to link it, one of you guys will have to do it.

Good, otherwise I would have been tempted to click to it out of curiosity. Rogers relinquished any atom of credibility that he once may have had with his histrionic pants-wetting after the McCarthy and Garcia trades. I'd rather read the Moron, at least he admits that he hates Guillen and the Sox, which is much more refreshing than Rogers' sanctimonious pretense that he isn't beholden to the parent corporation and its ballplaying subsidiary.

RockJock07
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
I really don't like Phil Rodgers piece. I think he makes some good points but I fail to see how you can lay the blame at the doorstep of KW. In his piece he list all the things that he thinks have cause this awful season.

I disagree with all of them execpt for the paragraph that talks about Javy. Signing Javy was confusing, yes he's got good stuff, but he's not worth a 3-year extension.

His first paragraph talks about Garcia and McCarthy and how those trades didn't net any starts at LF and SS that kept them out of the running is 06. That's the dumbest sentences that Phil wrote in this piece. It was more pitching related then anything that kept the sox from making the playoffs. Besides Garcia is hurt and throwing like 85 mph and McCarthy is not that great either. I'd rather have Gio and Danks in the rotation then those two.

All in all, this season is the players fault. The only moves I wish KW had made where to get a new SS and a new left-fielder. Kenny has brought a WS to this town and his record as a GM speaks for himself, so please Phil, look at the big picture.