PDA

View Full Version : The official Baseball Tonight "Appreciation" Thread

ma-gaga
06-24-2007, 06:52 PM
So, today I turn on "the leader" and they have Steve Berthenune and Steve Phillips doing a boxing themed introduction, pretending that the contenders are ready, and as the crowd is filing into the arena they do their tired old shtick. 'Stay tuned, Pujols vs Howard, the debate is next...'

Last week (or two weeks ago) they did some other goofy **** as well, where the baseball tonight studio went back in time, or did some goofy draft special theme or something like that. They had the long microphones, and Tim Kjerkjen was jumping up and down giving high fives or some other crap to the rest of the analysts. So I ask to you all:

What the hell happened to this show?

Lip Man 1
06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Why do you even waste your time watching it in the first place...I haven't seen that show in almost two years.

Lip

jdm2662
06-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Why do you even waste your time watching it in the first place...I haven't seen that show in almost two years.

Lip

I haven't watched any ESPN programming period in over three years...

JB98
06-24-2007, 11:33 PM
You get stupider listening to ESPN's analysts. It's true in every sport. I just watch games and form my own opinions.

crazyozzie02
06-25-2007, 01:11 AM
So, today I turn on "the leader" and they have Steve Berthenune and Steve Phillips doing a boxing themed introduction, pretending that the contenders are ready, and as the crowd is filing into the arena they do their tired old shtick. 'Stay tuned, Pujols vs Howard, the debate is next...'

Last week (or two weeks ago) they did some other goofy **** as well, where the baseball tonight studio went back in time, or did some goofy draft special theme or something like that. They had the long microphones, and Tim Kjerkjen was jumping up and down giving high fives or some other crap to the rest of the analysts. So I ask to you all:

What the hell happened to this show?

This was them doing a half-assed tribute to Bob Barker and the Price is Right

Oblong
06-25-2007, 09:21 AM
When you long for the days of Harold Reynolds.... you know things are bad.

Chisox353014
06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Except for actual games, I haven't watched anything on ESPN since November 28, 2005. That was the day I turned on SportsCenter just in time to see Stuart "Left Eye" Scott do a freeform poetry jam to NFL highlights. There are some things that once seen, can never be unseen.

lumpyspun
06-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I think the last time I took ESPN seriously was right before I saw Bryan Adams performing a song live on Cold Pizza. I think that was the last time I watched ESPN (besides live sporting events).

I will say that I met Reynolds and Gammons once and they were really cool.

SOXSINCE'70
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I haven't watched the Eastern ***** **** Network in so long,
i've lost track.Say no to people who want to force their ****ty
opinions on you.:angry:

Mr. White Sox
06-25-2007, 01:38 PM
the only time SportsCenter or any non-game ESPN program is on my TV is when the TV is set to "Sleep: 15min"

The Racehorse
06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Back during the '03, '04 & '05 seasons, it was difficult for me to not watch BBTN for any blab regarding the Sox. The '05 season really did it for me for in regards to all the snobbery the WWL spews out [which has all been discussed here at WSI] ... I haven't watched an entire BBTN show since the beginning of the '06 season.

I used to think that because ESPN was the biggest game in town, they really mattered. One place that really helped unveil the four lettered network's cloak of invulnerability is Deadspin... not to mention all the kind souls here that has helped me to finally see the light. :gulp: