PDA

View Full Version : Doubles appreciation Thread

Railsplitter
06-24-2007, 07:31 PM
The baseball kind, of course. The tennis kind should be at The Parking Lot.

One thing the Sox seems unable to do this year is get doubles, either by splitting the gaps or pulling balls down the foul line

I like two baggers. as the most common extra base hit, it put a runner on with little chance of his being erased on a double play and can score a runner from first. Could the lack of them be the Sox' undoing this year.

Lip Man 1
06-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Rail:

When you don't have anybody who can run in the first place how do you expect to see doubles and triples?

Hell in many cases it takes three hits for the Sox to score a runner.

Lip

balke
06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
This is why I would've supported the Abreu Dye deal talks. I've never liked how slow this team is, and how there is a lack of overall on-base Pct. for this team. I'm not a beane fan, but I understand the games I've seen the Sox blow open in the past were a result of someone getting on base, not hitting a solo shot.

I have a lot of respect for what Derek Lee is doing. A lot of people I watch baseball with go "Whoa he only has 6 HR's?" He's got like 26 doubles already, and is always hitting the ball. He's the biggest factor in their offense.

itsnotrequired
06-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Good grief, the Sox don't even have 100 doubles yet this season. They are at 97. The Reds are next closest with 113.

The Tigers have hit 181, nearly double the Sox.

:o:

Oblong
06-24-2007, 08:14 PM
The Tigers have hit 181, nearly double the Sox.

:o:

Maggs is on pace to break the double record. He's got 34.

PKalltheway
06-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Maggs is on pace to break the double record. He's got 34.
That big ballpark in Detroit is certainly helping him. If he stays hot, there's no reason why he can't threaten it, or break it.

Speaking of records, I heard that Ichiro is ALREADY threatening HIS OWN hits record! He's already past his 2004 pace!:o::o:

goofymsfan
06-25-2007, 12:41 AM
That big ballpark in Detroit is certainly helping him. If he stays hot, there's no reason why he can't threaten it, or break it.

Speaking of records, I heard that Ichiro is ALREADY threatening HIS OWN hits record! He's already past his 2004 pace!:o::o:

It's crazy. It seems like every game a person can come to the park and expect to see him get 2-3 hits a night. He is absolutely amazing to watch day in and day out.