PDA

View Full Version : Cubs win World Series!!!!

PatK
06-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Lord, I can't wait for the Trib to get rid of the Cubs so we can get back so some good, unbiased baseball coverage.

Sure, the Sox stink, but I don't think that the Cubs sweeping the Sox is the breaking headline that the Tribune's website needs to be reporting.

And the last time I still checked, the Cubs aren't exactly the best team in baseball.

To me, it seems like they are taking advantage of the current situation with the Sox to take every available potshot they can take.

NardiWasHere
06-24-2007, 06:42 PM
What else is bigger news right now in Chicago Sports? Come on....

Gordon Gekko
06-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Lord, I can't wait for the Trib to get rid of the Cubs so we can get back so some good, unbiased baseball coverage.

Sure, the Sox stink, but I don't think that the Cubs sweeping the Sox is the breaking headline that the Tribune's website needs to be reporting.

And the last time I still checked, the Cubs aren't exactly the best team in baseball.

To me, it seems like they are taking advantage of the current situation with the Sox to take every available potshot they can take.

What's wrong about it? It is breaking news that someone viewing the page may find useful if they're not on the ChicagoSports.com site. You're making a weak argument. Find something more concrete.

Johnnydogs
06-24-2007, 07:25 PM

Dude, we just got swept by them for the first time at home. It's news.

Why go to Chicagosports.com if it makes you mad?

Gordon Gekko
06-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Dude, we just got swept by them for the first time at home. It's news.

Why go to Chicagosports.com if it makes you mad?

Apparently this guy didn't go to the website in previous days where the city series finals were posted as 'breaking news' as well. It's local. It's newsworthy. That's it.

DumpJerry
06-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Pat:
Chill, bro.

To quote those who celebrate Festivus:

"Serenity now!"

Remember, the Cubs and Sox will be doing the same thing in October: watching the MLB playoffs, NFL games and fishing. This weekend means nothing.

PatK
06-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Pat:
Chill, bro.

To quote those who celebrate Festivus:

"Serenity now!"

Remember, the Cubs and Sox will be doing the same thing in October: watching the MLB playoffs, NFL games and fishing. This weekend means nothing.

Good point