PDA

View Full Version : We showed today we're classier than Cubs fans

PatK
06-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I have to say, if that baserunning play in the 8th would have happened at Wrigley, the game would have been delayed for at least thirty minutes with garbage littering the field.

I was watching the game with some Cubs fans, who gave us credit for not being idiots.

robertks61
06-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Was there ever a doubt?

itsnotrequired
06-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Was there ever a doubt?

There are jags on both sides of town. I saw a guy sporting a Sox shirt get in the face of a guy sporting a Cub shirt. He was pointing at his shirt and saying "See this? It means I'm a heterosexual. Your shirt means you're a homosexual."

Classy, indeed...

:rolleyes:

kevingrt
06-24-2007, 08:38 PM
I sat next to a jag today. It sucked. And the fact she was fat, ugly, obliterated, and ignorant didn't help.

robertks61
06-24-2007, 08:56 PM
There are jags on both sides of town.

Agreed, I'm just pointing to the fact we don't usually mess our home field when things go wrong.

DumpJerry
06-25-2007, 12:15 AM
I was at all three games this weekend (in lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the charity of your choosing) and kept the Cub fans in check around me. Only one got the wrath of Dumpjerry when he whined about the Sox fan at his office "lives in the past" talking about 2005.

Troops, here is how to respond when this comes up (it has been coming up a lot lately):
1. Two years is a lot less than 99.
2. So, if the Cubs had gone on and won the '03 World Series, we would not be hearing about it today,every day and night?
3. Until you learn what it really feels like to have your team win it, you really cannot understand what and how we feel about that year, so ****.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Yikes, DJ. You get a medal for that: I couldn't even watch every minute of the games on TV.

Look at the bright side: the Sox can't go into a vicious slump like the Cubs did after the Sox swept them at Wrigley that one year (99?), because the Sox are already in one.

areilly
06-25-2007, 02:32 AM
So much class, so little victory...

Awful.

PatK
06-25-2007, 09:54 AM
So much class, so little victory...

Awful.

Hey, just trying to find something positive about this horrible season.

MarySwiss
06-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I was at all three games this weekend (in lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the charity of your choosing) and kept the Cub fans in check around me. Only one got the wrath of Dumpjerry when he whined about the Sox fan at his office "lives in the past" talking about 2005.

Troops, here is how to respond when this comes up (it has been coming up a lot lately):
2. So, if the Cubs had gone on and won the '03 World Series, we would not be hearing about it today,every day and night?
3. Until you learn what it really feels like to have your team win it, you really cannot understand what and how we feel about that year, so ****.

I always add the part about winning a boatload of money, so if you are in a position to make that claim, it's just a little extra salt in the wound.

Today at work, I will have to deal with a Tigers fan and a Yankees fan and later this week at lunch, an Indians fan. But thank God, no Cubs fan. (MrMarySwiss is wisely keeping a low profile!)

However, the people at work are well aware of how fierce my loyalty is, so I'm pretty sure they'll keep a low profile as well. :wink:

Jerko
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
This living in the past thing cracks me up. At least OUR recent past consists of a World Series win. Cub fans to THIS DAY still yak about:

Carrie Woods' 20 strikeouts
Harry Caray
and my favorite "we were 5 outs away from the World Series".

Well, dillholes, we WON the World Series and are pissed now that our team sucks, you didn't win it and are happy yours still does.

Rocky Soprano
06-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I always add the part about winning a boatload of money, so if you are in a position to make that claim, it's just a little extra salt in the wound.

Today at work, I will have to deal with a Tigers fan and a Yankees fan and later this week at lunch, an Indians fan. But thank God, no Cubs fan. (MrMarySwiss is wisely keeping a low profile!)

However, the people at work are well aware of how fierce my loyalty is, so I'm pretty sure they'll keep a low profile as well. :wink:

A Yankees fan? What cant they say? They blow as well.

CHISOXFAN13
06-25-2007, 10:21 AM

The Indians lost two of three to the nasty Nats and the Yankees struggled mightily this week in Denver and SF. You should be OK with those two clowns :)

ND_Sox_Fan
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
I sat next to a jag today. It sucked. And the fact she was fat, ugly, obliterated, and ignorant didn't help.

There must have been more than one, I endured two that fit this same description on Saturday and Sunday (both pairs in front of me).

After the game yesterday, I told those with me that I would never again attend a game in this series, unless I was in my own luxury box. We have complained all year about the idiots who stand, leave, and walk around during the middle of innings, but this weekend marked an all-time low on that scale, and 90% of the problems were wearing blue.

Jerko
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
My buddy said 2 girls were flipping each other off Sunday and almost started swinging, so he took his kid and went home. Both teams blow, which is why I never got overly-excited when the Sox used to beat the Cubs all the time. See how silly it looks? Whoo Cubs, you're great, you beat the worst team in baseball........ They shouldn't be crowing now, we shouldn't crow when things get back to normal and we beat them. Big ****in deal. I hate these games.

WizardsofOzzie
06-25-2007, 11:08 AM

I've been hearing this one alot recently. You can only say to them "let me get this straight, when you win your first world series in over 90 years you're going to stop talking about it in 18 months? ***** :rolleyes:"

Martinigirl
06-25-2007, 11:11 AM

I think she was sitting two rows in front of me on Saturday! Did she have a bad 80s perm and highlights? Was she wearing a Ramirez jersey? Did she stand, inexplicably, when she used her cell phone, as if it would get her better reception, all while the game was going on? Did she sit on the back of the chair in front, blocking everyone's view? Did she cheer for no reason at all? Did she smoke at her seat? Was she so drunk, everyone was taking bets on when she would puke on the person in front of her? And lastly, did she trip up the stairs, fall flat on her face and spill a margarita all over herself?(one of the very few highlights from the day). If so, that was my favorite Cub fan from Saturday.

I have never gone to Wrigley for a Sox/Cub game, but I truly hope that Sox fans don't act as abhorrently as the Cub fans did this weekend, because if they did, I would be embarrassed.

twentywontowin
06-25-2007, 11:17 AM
My girlfriend was sitting in 533 yesterday and I wasn't with her group, but some Cubs fan stepped on her back when trying to get back to his seat one row behind her, bruising her back, no apology.

If I was there, I would have broken his ****ing jaw.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-25-2007, 11:17 AM
DJ hit it on the head. I hear that "live in the past" all the time....I answer swiftly, "well, in your past, Prior and Wood are still starting game 6 and 7; how'd that pan out for you?"

cws05champ
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
DJ hit it on the head. I hear that "live in the past" all the time....I answer swiftly, "well, in your past, Prior and Wood are still starting game 6 and 7; how'd that pan out for you?"

Classic. I always say, hey how'd you like to come over and watch my DVD of the 2005 World series. Then we can watch the DVD from the Cubs 1908 world ser....oooohhh , wait, I'm sorry...they didn't have TV back then did they?

twentywontowin
06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Classic. I always say, hey how'd you like to come over and watch my DVD of the 2005 World series. Then we can watch the DVD from the Cubs 1908 world ser....oooohhh , wait, I'm sorry...they didn't have TV back then did they?

They didn't even have radio back then.

esbrechtel
06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
I realized what i do not like about the crosstown games is that when the Sox win it doesn't feel any different from your normal win, but when we lose (due to the fact that there are so many cub fans around, who rub it in for no reason) it feels 100 Xs worse....

miker
06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I realized what i do not like about the crosstown games is that when the Sox win it doesn't feel any different from your normal win, but when we lose (due to the fact that there are so many cub fans around, who rub it in for no reason) it feels 100 Xs worse....
That's because you're a true fan. You care.

johnr1note
06-25-2007, 10:15 PM

I posted this in the "Monday Morning" thread in the Clubhouse, but it bears repeating here.

I was at the Friday game with my kids, sitting in the bleachers. I was about an aisle away from Soriano's lead off homerun. Some idiot Sox fan caught it and threw it back.

I have not been to a Cubs/Sox game in person in many years, and I was shocked at the boorish, over the top drunken display a lot of the Cubs fans put on for my kids. I know Sox fans can be rowdy and out of control -- but this was just crass. I was embarrassed for them.

The topper was on the way out of the park. Jammed together, shoulder to shoulder, the crowd edged toward the exits slowly. A very tall, heavy set, and extremely inebriated Cubs fan right behind me started poking me in the back. I was wearing my World Series jersey. He started pushing me, yelling at the top of his lungs "2005 was a f***ing fluke" over and over. I started to fear he was going to go at it with me, when my 17 year old daughter turned to him and replied "But 100 years of losing is no fluke."

He shut up after that.

Viva Medias B's
06-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Aren't these Cub fans the same people who still fawn over the '69 Cubs, a team that didn't win a damn thing? Talk about living in the past!!!

TommyJohn
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Aren't these Cub fans the same people who still fawn over the '69 Cubs, a team that didn't win a damn thing? Talk about living in the past!!!

That is what drives me nuts about that lame ass "living in the past" crap.
Don't want to live in the past? Don't fawn over the 1969 Cubs. Don't push
for Ron Santo to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Don't relive the glorious
"Sandberg Game" from 1984. Don't ever give Ernie Banks another standing
ovation. Hell, don't even bother putting up a statute of Banks. He hasn't
played since 1971. That's in the past. Why honor someone from the past?
Live life for today. Put up a statute of Alfonso Soriano instead.

itsnotrequired
06-27-2007, 08:19 AM
After the Sox game last night, I flipped over to the Rockies-Cubs game. It looked like some of the fans were getting into it with Rockies LF Halliday. A few batters latter, Koyie Hill hits one off the wall in left center and Halliday/Taveras converged on the ball near the ivy. I could have sworn I saw someone throw their drink at Halliday. It looked like a coke and it wasn't the whole cup, just the liquid. It wasn't dumped but rather thrown. Halliday's back was turned so I'm assuming it fell just short of him or I imagine there would have been an incident.

Anyone else see this?

SaltyPretzel
06-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Anyone else see this?

I saw it too. I have DVR, so I replayed it and it was clear that the fratboy in the front row of the bleachers intentionally threw his drink at him.

Friendly Confines my ass.