PDA

View Full Version : Run Downs...***????

dondosae1
06-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow...the umpires are blowing this one.:angry:

Tekijawa
06-24-2007, 03:39 PM
What just happened???? I can't think of how that would have worked out like that?

WSox597
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
The runner at 2nd was clearly out. The runner at home was clearly out. What kind of bull**** call was this?

I've never seen anything this blatantly bad in my life. Umpires are the worse officials in any sport, bar none.

These umpires must be smoking crack. The two runners were clearly out, and they remained on the bases. Hawk went ape**** and for once I agree with him.

Brian26
I have no idea what happened. After listening to Hawk lose it, I switched over to WGN. Brenly agreed there should be two outs, but Kasper mentioned something about an obstruction.

cnw8052
Complete BS

AJ Hellraiser
06-24-2007, 03:41 PM
That was without a doubt the worst umpiring decision I have ever seen in my life... and it's going to be hard to top in the future...

In worst case scenario, there should have been 2 out and runner on 2nd.. somehow it became bases loaded and 0 out...

They are saying obstruction.. on WHO???

I guess it's typical that it's on the Sox since we don't do ANYTHING in the entire game of baseball correectly....

It's all irrelevant.. the game was long over before this happened

Fenway
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
I have no idea what happened. After listening to Hawk lose it, I switched over to WGN. Brenly agreed there should be two outs, but Kasper mentioned something about an obstruction.

Is Joe West involved?

WSox597
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Obstruction by Pagan and Uribe, they're saying. What BS.

The officiating is so bad, it's like watching ****ing pro wrestling.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, when you start knowing the umpire's names, they're doing something wrong. They should be invisible, not longing for the spotlight!!!

What else could wrong in this abortion of a season?

downstairs
06-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Hate to say it... but who cares?

So they get the call right. Great. We still lose this game and still probably lose 90 games this year.

Garland_IS_God
06-24-2007, 03:47 PM
This is the Sox season in a nutshell

KingXerxes
06-24-2007, 03:48 PM
:hawk

"They made something up outthere to have bases loaded and nobody out."

Well Hawkeroo - there was obstruction on the base paths by Uribe, and this obstruction cannot benefit the obstructing team (otherwise you would simply tackle a winning run to stop the play). The tag outs that followed would certainly have been outs if there were no obstruction - but there was.

"Why didn't they just call the play dead?"

Again Hawkeroo - this would have served to the benefit of the White Sox for obstructing a runner, and you can't have that. Maybe in the world you live in Harrelson, but not this one.

"Yessir folks - I'm the most knowledgable baseball man I've ever met."

AJ Hellraiser
06-24-2007, 03:52 PM
The silver lining to all this is that it's just another example of how we can't do anything correct in the game of baseball...

Why was Uribe even hovering around 2B at the time? There wasn't going to be a play there for another few seconds at least...

There is not a single thing this team knows how to do well at this point... Spare starting pitching.. they don't hit... they don't field, the bullpen pitchers don't throw strikes...

I have more fun watching my 10-year-old cousins pee wee league team

MOD EDIT: Take it to the GameDay Thread