PDA

View Full Version : Have we not swept this year?

Boondock Saint
06-24-2007, 12:36 AM
I can't recall if I asked this on here before, and if I have, I can't recall the answer. Have we swept a single 3 or more game series this year? And if not, has there ever been a team to have not done it in a season? The way things are going right now, it looks like a very real possibility.

oeo
06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I can't recall if I asked this on here before, and if I have, I can't recall the answer. Have we swept a single 3 or more game series this year? And if not, has there ever been a team to have not done it in a season? The way things are going right now, it looks like a very real possibility.

Things look bleak, sure, but they're not this bad. No team is this bad.

JB98
06-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Things look bleak, sure, but they're not this bad. No team is this bad.

Well, they haven't swept a three-game series yet this year, and we are almost halfway through the season.

oeo
06-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Well, they haven't swept a three-game series yet this year, and we are almost halfway through the season.

Over the past month we've been ****ing terrible, though. We're not that bad; at some point we have to be able to string a few wins together. Even terrible teams do that.

Brian26
06-24-2007, 10:29 AM

The closest we came was in Oakland at the beginning of the season. We were one out away from a 3-game sweep until Bobby and Pods had a meltdown.

downstairs
06-24-2007, 11:11 AM
DET in 2003 had one sweep. Their longest winning streak all year was 4 games, and in that streak came a sweep of the O's.

The Mets in their first season had zero sweeps.

So, yeah, its possible. We're not that bad, though.

Wait, Are we?

Sad
06-24-2007, 12:27 PM
DET in 2003 had one sweep. Their longest winning streak all year was 4 games, and in that streak came a sweep of the O's.

The Mets in their first season had zero sweeps.

So, yeah, its possible. We're not that bad, though.

Wait, Are we?

no sweeps
we did have 2 4-game winning streaks... as hard as that may be to believe now...:(: