PDA

View Full Version : Dye likely headed to DL

DickAllen72
06-23-2007, 11:55 PM
White Sox right fielder Jermaine Dye could be joining Darin Erstad on the 15-day disabled list as soon as Sunday after aggravating his right quadriceps muscle Friday in the Sox's 5-1 loss to the Cubs.

Dye's placement on the DL could have short- and long-term ramifications for the Sox.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070623soxbrite,1,6950592.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Dye's injury could pave the way for left-handed-hitting Ryan Sweeney to be recalled, although Sweeney, who is batting .295 at Triple-A Charlotte, started both games of a doubleheader Saturday at Rochester. Center fielder Brian Anderson, who was demoted to Charlotte after the first month and is batting .233, didn't start either game for the Knights.

PKalltheway
06-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Dammit, can things possibly get any worse?

southside rocks
06-23-2007, 11:59 PM
This entire freakin' season is on the DL.

JB98
06-24-2007, 12:05 AM
White Sox right fielder Jermaine Dye could be joining Darin Erstad on the 15-day disabled list as soon as Sunday after aggravating his right quadriceps muscle Friday in the Sox's 5-1 loss to the Cubs.

Dye's placement on the DL could have short- and long-term ramifications for the Sox.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070623soxbrite,1,6950592.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Dye's injury could pave the way for left-handed-hitting Ryan Sweeney to be recalled, although Sweeney, who is batting .295 at Triple-A Charlotte, started both games of a doubleheader Saturday at Rochester. Center fielder Brian Anderson, who was demoted to Charlotte after the first month and is batting .233, didn't start either game for the Knights.

I wonder if BA didn't play because he's still hurting or if he's coming to Chicago. :?:

oeo
06-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Bring Sweeney up and give him the rest of the year. We need to see if he can contribute next year.

Mr. White Sox
06-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Bring Sweeney up and give him the rest of the year. We need to see if he can contribute next year.

The problem is, when Dye comes off the DL you need to send someone down. Do you DFA Terrero or Mackowiak when Dye comes back, or do you send Massett or Bukvich down?

The worst part in all of this is assuming this season is over and KW will look to deal commodities, Dye's (already low) value takes a big hit.

salty99
06-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Dye believed he was going on the DL before Saturday's game, only to spend four hours undergoing treatment.

From the Cubune.

JB98
06-24-2007, 12:13 AM
The problem is, when Dye comes off the DL you need to send someone down. Do you DFA Terrero or Mackowiak when Dye comes back, or do you send Massett or Bukvich down?

The worst part in all of this is assuming this season is over and KW will look to deal commodities, Dye's (already low) value takes a big hit.

Masset or Bukvich. Hell, possibly MacDougal again.

No reason to DFA Terrero or Mackowiak. If they wanted to get rid of Rob, they could move him to a National League team without too much trouble. Left-handed pinch-hitters have more value in the NL.

salty99
06-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Masset or Bukvich. Hell, possibly MacDougal again.

No reason to DFA Terrero or Mackowiak. If they wanted to get rid of Rob, they could move him to a National League team without too much trouble. Left-handed pinch-hitters have more value in the NL.

MacDougal is out of options. I think Aardsma would also be considered. Oh well, it will be almost the all-star break before JD would be back again.

JB98
06-24-2007, 12:19 AM
MacDougal is out of options. I think Aardsma would also be considered. Oh well, it will be almost the all-star break before JD would be back again.

No, MacDougal is not out of options. An option lasts the whole year. We can send him down and recall him as many times as we want this season.

Next year, he will be out of options.

salty99
06-24-2007, 12:20 AM
No, MacDougal is not out of options. An option lasts the whole year. We can send him down and recall him as many times as we want this season.

Next year, he will be out of options.

Ah well whatever, at this point who cares.

Brian26
06-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Dammit, can things possibly get any worse?

Yes.

:praying: don't trade :burly

Brian26
06-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Ah well whatever, at this point who cares.

:anon:

CLR01
06-24-2007, 12:33 AM
I wonder if BA didn't play because he's still hurting or if he's coming to Chicago. :?:

Is Herm feeling lonely?

JB98
06-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Is Herm feeling lonely?

Somehow, I doubt it. :whiner:

mjharrison72
06-24-2007, 12:55 AM
I just can't figure out why they're not going back to Anderson. Am I just unaware that he's hurt or otherwise unsuitable? He was perfectly passable as a CF and a not altogether horrible 9-hitter who I think can pull it together given enough experience.
Why the desire to leave him off the ML squad when he basically was our starting CF last year?

ilsox7
06-24-2007, 12:57 AM
I just can't figure out why they're not going back to Anderson. Am I just unaware that he's hurt or otherwise unsuitable? He was perfectly passable as a CF and a not altogether horrible 9-hitter who I think can pull it together given enough experience.
Why the desire to leave him off the ML squad when he basically was our starting CF last year?

He is hurt apparently and he has sucked in AAA.

Cuck the Fubs
06-24-2007, 12:58 AM
At this point I'd bring back Anderson & Sweeney......time to figure out what we need to keep and what we can part with going into 08.

Pods,Anderson & Sweeney in the OF

Konerko,Gooch,Uribe & Fields in the IF

let em play out the string, it can't get any worse

JB98
06-24-2007, 12:59 AM

BA is hitting .233 in Charlotte and reports indicate that he is not 100 percent healthy.

Hard to justify calling him up when Sweeney is batting .301.

mjharrison72
06-24-2007, 01:04 AM
BA is hitting .233 in Charlotte and reports indicate that he is not 100 percent healthy.

Hard to justify calling him up when Sweeney is batting .301.
If Sweeney's the better option, definitely bring him up... didn't know BA was hurt/sucking.
How tapped out are we with BA out, sand Tererro, Mack, Owens, and Sweeney on the ML club?

Grzegorz
06-24-2007, 06:30 AM
At this point I'd bring back Anderson & Sweeney......time to figure out what we need to keep and what we can part with going into 08.

Pods,Anderson & Sweeney in the OF

Konerko,Gooch,Uribe & Fields in the IF

let em play out the string, it can't get any worse

I agree with the outfield plan. This team needs to find out what positions can be filled from within the organization before they go shopping on the open market via the FA or trades route.