PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans upset with Hawk

nsolo
06-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Just for the self flagellation of it, I've just returned from a cubs forum site
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115822&page=40
where their fans are upset with the call Hawk make after the suicide squeeze.
Hawk states, that he didn't understand why Jenks didn't throw at the hitters head to get him out of there.

I'm sure he meant to get him out of the batters box, but the cub fans are p***ed. Here's to stirring the pot.:cool:

RadioheadRocks
06-23-2007, 10:53 PM
1, 2, 3

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :rolleyes:

JB98
06-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Whassa matter Cubbie fans? Did mean ole Hawkeroo hurt your little feelings? Awwwwwwwww...... :D:

CLR01
06-23-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm sure he meant to get him out of the batters box, but the cub fans are p***ed. Here's to stirring the pot.:cool:

Don't try to filter the words yourself. Just type them out and the board software will put in the *'s. Eventually your way will end up getting you in trouble when you hit a word that is banned.

Thanks

letsgosox1592
06-23-2007, 11:09 PM
i read what they said and someone made a website to try to get hawk fired. thats the problem with baseball now. u cant throw inside unless if u want to get fined or suspended. the game has changed. hawk is totatly right about throwing at the guys head, it scares the batter and it makes a greater chance for him to pop the bunt up and for the sox to get a double play.

http://www.heavethehawk.com/

Viva Medias B's
06-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Cub fans are upset at what Hawk said? Well, [bleep] them then.

PKalltheway
06-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Cry me a ****ing river, Cub fans.:rolleyes:

hi im skot
06-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Here's me giving a ****.

WhiteSox5187
06-24-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't think Hawk was saying "hit him" he was saying "get him to move the hell out of the box!" Throw a change up or somethign at him so he can get out of the way and the runner is stranded between third and home. That's what the defense is taught to do on a suicide squeeze...sadly, the Cubs executed it perfectly. It reminded me a lot of the 2000 ALDS. Now let us never speak of this again.

Cuck the Fubs
06-24-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm stunned they even care..........

The most classic line I heard uttered at Saturday's game ( several times no less )

"I'd rather beat the Sox than win the World Series....I hope it's 99 more years"

And these are the best fans in baseball:rolleyes:

DumpJerry
06-24-2007, 02:30 AM
i read what they said and someone made a website to try to get hawk fired. thats the problem with baseball now. u cant throw inside unless if u want to get fined or suspended. the game has changed. hawk is totatly right about throwing at the guys head, it scares the batter and it makes a greater chance for him to pop the bunt up and for the sox to get a double play.

http://www.heavethehawk.com/
That may be the problem with baseball right now. However, what's the problem with using capital letters when called for and spelling out the word "you?"

Just wondering since this is a thread which makes fun of Cub fans.

TheOldRoman
06-24-2007, 12:28 PM
You know who's head they should trow at? Soriano. I am sick of him doing his little hop before fly balls. If they don't have any pride in their play on the field, they should at least have a little pride to not continually get shown-up. Knock him on his ass.

Ass for Hawk's comments, he was 100% right. But if Theriot didn't get out of the way, and got hit, it would have been an international incident to the Chicago media. They would call for Bobby to be imprisoned. The game is bastardized by these bull**** umpire warnings. Let the men play. If you get hit, hit one of their guys. If they fight? Oh well. Let them go at it, and suspend them afterwards.

PatK
06-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Why were Cubs fans watching the Sox broadcast, unless they didn't have cable?

Cubs booth was on Comcast

Railsplitter
06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Why were Cubs fans watching the Sox broadcast, unless they didn't have cable?

Cubs booth was on Comcast

On your tyical cable service, CSN is at a number that is too igh fohr most Cubs fans to comprehend.

WizardsofOzzie
06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm stunned they even care..........

The most classic line I heard uttered at Saturday's game ( several times no less )

"I'd rather beat the Sox than win the World Series....I hope it's 99 more years"

And these are the best fans in baseball:rolleyes:
You must be kidding me. That is absolutely pathetic no matter how you look at it. I'm stunned :o:

miker
06-25-2007, 05:12 PM
You must be kidding me. That is absolutely pathetic no matter how you look at it. I'm stunned :o:
Never overestimate the intelligence of a Cubs fan.

On a similar note, I was talking to my mother this weekend and she remarked that when watching the Cub broadcasters to Friday's game, they "didn't respect the White Sox. It was like they (the Sox) didn't even exist."

I gave her a chance to repeat that sentence -- and then she understood why.