PDA

View Full Version : Osuna...

Tragg
04-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Several posters mentioned that Osuna's outing was promising. I was unable to see, hear or follow the game, but the linescore suggests a drubbing. Of course, they can be deceptive, and apparently this one was. What about Osuna's performance was hopeful? Thanks.

danman31
04-01-2002, 11:01 PM
Well I was suprised about his fastball. It was good for a guy coming off an injury of that magnitude. His other pitches moved a lot, but they weren't hitting the plate as much. That's what I got out of today's outing.

Jerry_Manuel
04-01-2002, 11:04 PM
From yahoo

SEATTLE 7TH: A Osuna relieved M Buehrle. A Rowand in left field. M Cameron singled to left. J Olerud flied out to shallow center. C Guillen walked, M Cameron to second. D Wilson grounded into double play, shortstop to first, C Guillen out at second.(0 Runs, 1 Hit, 0 Errors) CHI WHITE SOX 6, SEATTLE 1.

SEATTLE 8TH: M Mclemore grounded out to shortstop. I Suzuki reached on infield single to shortstop. J Cirillo safe at first on error by P Konerko,I Suzuki to second.

He pitched well in the 7th. Clayton had no chance to throw out Ichiro, so I can't blame Osuna for that. He got the ground ball and the runner just beat it out. Cirillo hit a grounder to Konerko just booted. That opened the flood gates to a huge inning.

Here's the rest of the inning: G Glover relieved A Osuna. B Boone walked, I Suzuki toJ Cirillo to second. E Martinez singled to left, I Suzuki and J Cirillo scored, B Boone to second. M Cameron walked, B Boone to third, E Martinez to second. D Marte relieved G Glover. J Olerud struck out looking. C Guillen
doubled to left, B Boone and E Martinez scored, M Cameron to third. B Howry relieved D Marte. R Sierra hit for D Wilson. R Sierra grounded out to first. (4 Runs, 3 Hits, 1 Error) CHI WHITE SOX 6, SEATTLE 5.

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Well I was suprised about his fastball. It was good for a guy coming off an injury of that magnitude. His other pitches moved a lot, but they weren't hitting the plate as much. That's what I got out of today's outing.

His fastball surprised me as well. He couldnt locate his offspeed pitches and it seemed there was too much variance between his fastball and off speed stuff. Hopefully he will pull it all together. Yes it was promising....

Tragg
04-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Thanks yall. Sounds like he pitched pretty well - and the info on his fastball is promising.

And good job Jerry for not letting Edgar beat us. What a professional hitter that guy is.

danman31
04-01-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
His fastball surprised me as well. He couldnt locate his offspeed pitches and it seemed there was too much variance between his fastball and off speed stuff. Hopefully he will pull it all together. Yes it was promising.... Uh-oh Bmr, that's 2 things in less than an hour that we have agreed on. Not good for me because nobody likes you. Not good for you because you are thinking like a 14 year old:smile:.

Daver
04-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Uh-oh Bmr, that's 2 things in less than an hour that we have agreed on. Not good for me because nobody likes you. Not good for you because you are thinking like a 14 year old:smile:.

I think Bmr is younger than you................

pearso66
04-02-2002, 12:15 AM
i was impressed with osuna, i didnt like him last year, and well he pitched not bad today. i mean he could have hit the strike zone a little better, but at least he was missing low, instead of high where people jack you.

GASHWOUND
04-02-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
i was impressed with osuna, i didnt like him last year, and well he pitched not bad today. i mean he could have hit the strike zone a little better, but at least he was missing low, instead of high where people jack you.

If the guy can stay healthy he's one of the best middle relief guys in the league, in my opinion. But staying healthy is the key

Pete_SSAC
04-02-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

If the guy can stay healthy he's one of the best middle relief guys in the league, in my opinion. But staying healthy is the key

He has recovered the best out of our injured pitchers. And like I said even last year before he went under the knife. I like the guy and he's great when he is healthy.

- Pete

Bmr31
04-02-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by daver

I think Bmr is younger than you................

I think daver is intimidated by bmr..............

Bmr31
04-02-2002, 01:52 AM
Uh-oh Bmr, that's 2 things in less than an hour that we have agreed on. Not good for me because nobody likes you. Not good for you because you are thinking like a 14 year old:smile:.

oh zillions of people like me....jealous people in a box? i could care less about.

RichH55
04-02-2002, 02:48 AM

You didnt like him last year?> Meaning at the time of the trade or when he was pitching hurt...if you didnt like the trade thats one thing....but when I guy is done essentially right off the block its a touch unfair to write the guy off as if it was based on performance

RedPinStripes
04-02-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

You didnt like him last year?> Meaning at the time of the trade or when he was pitching hurt...if you didnt like the trade thats one thing....but when I guy is done essentially right off the block its a touch unfair to write the guy off as if it was based on performance

I 'll admit that i couldn't stand the move when it was made. Most of you know I ripped the guy all the time. He's really impressive for coming off surgury. Maybe KW did something right here? I figured i'd admit i bashed him before i jump on the Osuna Band wagon. :D: Might be a an idea to make him the set up man if Glover keeps this crap up. If Osuna conitnues to pitch like this it would be huge for the Sox .

:osuna
I pitch ok for a 28 year old huh?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-02-2002, 04:29 AM

:osuna
"Por que no me quieres?"
(Why don't you like me?")
Viva Los Medias Blancas!

foulkesfan11
04-02-2002, 09:07 AM
I still don't like him. He looks like the guy in Young Guns 2. When Billy the kid asks the one old guy who his best man is, the guy who says "That be me" looks just like Osuna. Then he gets shot.

pearso66
04-02-2002, 10:42 AM
i didnt like him when we had the trade, and then when i went to opening day, and he got rocked, it just made me dislike him even more, but from what it sounds like, he had an injury when he got here, that he didnt even know about, so that could have been the root to his poor pitching

harwar
04-02-2002, 11:03 AM
Not only did Osuna look better than i thought he would,but Marte could be the guy to take Wunchs'place.His good fastball doesn't have much movement but if he can place it well,he'll do ok.One thing is for sure,last year we would have lost & the Ms' would have won.Maybe its OUR turn to be lucky.

Konerkofan
04-02-2002, 11:30 AM
Foulkes fan, that's funny. He looks like the guy who put the water on my table at the restaurant yesterday.
I still think he will suck this year - just like Embree did last year.