PDA

View Full Version : Boston fan enjoyed her visit to USCF

Fenway
06-23-2007, 04:43 PM
My friend Phyllis just called from outside Gate 6. She and her nephew are on a baseball roadtrip. She enjoyed the park though observed the Cub-Sox fans are pretty mellow compared to Bos-NYY. She said USCF is Skydome without a roof. She took some ribbing as she had a B hat and nephew a KC one. Her only complaint was the Blue Line which took almost an hour from Rosemont. Tomorrow she hits Milwaukee and Monday Wrigley. Plus she wants to do Superdawg and the Cheese Castle.

California Sox
06-23-2007, 04:50 PM
These days everyone from out-of-town is enjoying their visit to USCF.

MarySwiss
06-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Nice to know that someone enjoyed today's game. Wonder what she'll think of the Urinal?

Fenway
06-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Nice to know that someone enjoyed today's game. Wonder what she'll think of the Urinal?

Well she has been warned. She has utter contempt for trixies and frat boys.

Brian26
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
She enjoyed the park though observed the Cub-Sox fans are pretty mellow compared to Bos-NYY. .

She obviously wasn't sitting in Section 157 today.

Cellview22
06-23-2007, 06:31 PM
She must've been sitting in the upper deck corners if she described it as Skydome without a roof. Can't see how anyone would think that.

The difference between sitting in the UD corners and sitting in the 100 level is a completely different experience.. feels like a different stadium.

And if the Sox had gotten a run in the bottom of the 8th, she would not have thought it was mellow. Crowd would've exploded.

Brian26
06-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Her only complaint was the Blue Line which took almost an hour from Rosemont.

That's pretty normal.

Fenway
06-23-2007, 06:39 PM
She must've been sitting in the upper deck corners if she described it as Skydome without a roof. Can't see how anyone would think that.

The difference between sitting in the UD corners and sitting in the 100 level is a completely different experience.. feels like a different stadium.

She was taking about the 100 level. Concourse is very similar to Toronto.

Fenway
06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Just talked to Phyllis who was at Wrigley last night.

First words were "What a dump"

but she had fun

She said she was laughing hysterically in the 9th inning as she just knew the Cubs were going to blow the lead...

She also asked this question

Coming back from Miller Park she misread the signs at the tollbooth and went without paying. Will Illinois send her a ticket? ( she has Mass plates) She now on her way to Detroit for tonights game

soxfan13
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM

but she had fun

She said she was laughing hysterically in the 9th inning as she just knew the Cubs were going to blow the lead...

Coming back from Miller Park she misread the signs at the tollbooth and went without paying. Will Illinois send her a ticket? ( she has Mass plates) She now on her way to Detroit for tonights game

I have a friend who supposedly plays the toll booth game. For some reason he has missed two tolls and now he'll pay because he said they do not send a ticket until the third violation:?: So your friend may be clear

soxfan80
06-26-2007, 09:56 AM

but she had fun

Does she have the ipass for mass? if so, she may be ok.(illinois accepts users from indiana, mass, and ny)

Fenway
06-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Does she have the ipass for mass? if so, she may be ok.(illinois accepts users from indiana, mass, and ny)

no she lives on the South Shore where there are no tolls

she staying at the Marriott in downtown Detroit which she hopes is near the park

she did say she found the video board at Miller annoying as it flashed NICE PLAY about 600 times

tebman
06-26-2007, 10:25 AM

If she doesn't want to take any chances on getting into a taffy pull with the tollway office, tell her to go to the Illinois Tollway website (http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_pageid=133,1395981&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL) page that tells exactly how to deal with missed tolls. It's happened to me a couple of times, and though I've heard the no-ticket-until-the-third-offense story too, I figured it was worth the 50c or whatever it was that I missed. I just wrote them a letter with the time and place details and taped to coins to the bottom of the page.

chitownhawkfan
06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Of course it isn't as good as Yankees-Sawx, nothing could be.

Oblong
06-27-2007, 10:14 PM
no she lives on the South Shore where there are no tolls

she staying at the Marriott in downtown Detroit which she hopes is near the park

she did say she found the video board at Miller annoying as it flashed NICE PLAY about 600 times

There's a couple of Marriot's downtown but she shouldn't have an issue getting to Comerica with our feeble attempt at mass transit called the Mugger Mov-, I mean the People Mover.

How did she enjoy Comerica Park? Good thing she didn't come today. Stormed all day and no game. It was a day game due to fireworks tonight.

SOXandILLINI
06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
buddy of mine, who is a huge cub fan and sox hater, went to the cell for the 1st time on saturday, and to my surprise raved about the park.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
buddy of mine, who is a huge cub fan and sox hater, went to the cell for the 1st time on saturday, and to my surprise raved about the park.
Who wouldn't? Those who don't like the park are more irrational than Pi.

hawkjt
06-28-2007, 01:25 PM
took my bro-in law and his son to game on sunday.. it was his 12 year old son's first mlb game.. they loved soxpark and even tho the sox lost enjoyed the experience a great deal..

his son bought a nice sox cap and his a new fan.. go sox.