PDA

View Full Version : Fight at yesterday's game?

areilly
06-23-2007, 02:43 PM
I keep hearing talk of some giant brawl at yesterday's game; was anyone there who can verify this was more than just the usual Crosstown shenanigans?

chisoxmike
06-23-2007, 04:34 PM
:whocares:

WhiteSox5187
06-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I keep hearing talk of some giant brawl at yesterday's game; was anyone there who can verify this was more than just the usual Crosstown shenanigans?
There was a pretty big fight, almost as bad as ones I've seen at Wrigley.

itsnotrequired
06-23-2007, 05:49 PM
There was a pretty big fight, almost as bad as ones I've seen at Wrigley.

Today's brawl in 507 was insane. People falling down the stairs, falling over seats, stuff thrown from above, you name it. Wild.

ilsox7
06-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Today's brawl in 507 was insane. People falling down the stairs, falling over seats, stuff thrown from above, you name it. Wild.

I wish they'd just stop interleague play already. Dumbass Sox and Cub fans . . .

Scottiehaswheels
06-23-2007, 06:03 PM
I wish they'd just stop interleague play already. Dumbass Sox and Cub fans . . .AMEN! well not interleague totally, gives me a reason to check out all the NL Parks but they can end this "rivalry" thing anytime they want...

DumpJerry
06-23-2007, 06:04 PM
The one on 500 on Friday in RF, must have been a doozy. I'm in 112, but could not see it because of the overhang, but everyone in RF outfield seats was watching it and even Jermaine Dye was looking at it and not the game!

Things were pretty quiet in the lower bowl both days. Some scuffles, but nothing major.

spiffie
06-23-2007, 06:06 PM
The one on 500 on Friday in RF, must have been a doozy. I'm in 112, but could not see it because of the overhang, but everyone in RF outfield seats was watching it and even Jermaine Dye was looking at it and not the game!

Things were pretty quiet in the lower bowl both days. Some scuffles, but nothing major.
There was a good solid brawl behind us on Friday at Sec. 107.

DumpJerry
06-23-2007, 06:18 PM
There was a good solid brawl behind us on Friday at Sec. 107.
Late in the game? We saw the cops taking away some Cub fan who was flashing gang symbols and his girlfriend was running interference. But we did not notice a massive all-out-chairs-flying-body-parts-flying brawl.

That's what I was looking for.:redneck

Brian26
06-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Yesterday's news.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89394&page=5

bobbyk
06-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Yesterday's news.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89394&page=5
looking forwhite sox wallpaper
bobbyk@beer.com
Scotland
go sox

Brian26
06-23-2007, 08:08 PM
looking forwhite sox wallpaper
bobbyk@beer.com
Scotland
go sox

:?:

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-23-2007, 08:11 PM

That was nuts. I was in 522, and I could see the whole thing.

WhiteSox5187
06-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I wasn't at the game today, but yesterday's was pretty bad. I don't read the paper after the Sox lose to the Cubs, so I didn't read anything about it, but if the Tribune did mention it, I will tell you the WORST fight I ever saw was at Wrigley between Cubs and Cardinals fans in the concourse by the lower deck. I think two whole sections got involved, security took their time in getting there. I know the usher of one of the sections was an elderly gentleman I recall him waving his cane around trying to get the hell out of there. Another one of my friends there went in to see what was going on and got hit square in the nose and I ran in to pull her out of there. Blood was pouring from her nose. IT was brutal. I think like eight guys wound up getting arrested and we had to call in uniformed police officers which is something I have NEVER seen at the cell. Security is usually very prompt (but I worked there when they weren't selling out every game so it was easier to be prompt, it's hard to get to the middle of a sold out row).

hi im skot
06-24-2007, 12:22 AM

I, too, was in 522 and saw a lot of random boneheadedness over there...looked pretty epic.

spiffie
06-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Late in the game? We saw the cops taking away some Cub fan who was flashing gang symbols and his girlfriend was running interference. But we did not notice a massive all-out-chairs-flying-body-parts-flying brawl.

It was small, but very intense once security arrived. They seemed rather pissed, and for a moment I think one of them was tempted to "subdue" the Cubs fan through the rigorous application of a choke hold.

That said, I wish I could have seen the one in the upper tank. From my spot all we could see was the endless parade of folks being taken out by security.

I know others disagree, but to me that was more entertaining than the coming games in a month or two will be, when it's 8,000 of us sitting through yet another of the playing out the string games against whomever and you can hear the crickets when the sound system isn't booming.

russ99
06-24-2007, 01:43 PM
It was small, but very intense once security arrived. They seemed rather pissed, and for a moment I think one of them was tempted to "subdue" the Cubs fan through the rigorous application of a choke hold.

That said, I wish I could have seen the one in the upper tank. From my spot all we could see was the endless parade of folks being taken out by security.

I know others disagree, but to me that was more entertaining than the coming games in a month or two will be, when it's 8,000 of us sitting through yet another of the playing out the string games against whomever and you can hear the crickets when the sound system isn't booming.

What, a fight in the "Let's go Cubbies" section? Big surprise.

I saw it too, but seemed pretty minor other than 2-3 guys going off. I hope those clowns enjoyed their time in the Deering lockup.

kevingrt
06-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Just a fun afternoon at the ball park. I can tell you Sunday was nice and calm.

santo=dorf
06-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I wish they'd just stop interleague play already. Dumbass Sox and Cub fans . . .
Although it will cut down on the number of cub fans coming to our park (they still come to other games wearing the opposing teams colors,) it would be easier if they would send out a message before the game to tell the fans to relax and enjoy the game, and control alcohol sales a little bit more.

ilsox7
06-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Although it will cut down on the number of cub fans coming to our park (they still come to other games wearing the opposing teams colors,) it would be easier if they would send out a message before the game to tell the fans to relax and enjoy the game, and control alcohol sales a little bit more.

I think that's as realistic as interleague play being stopped. Neither will happen.

Pasqua's Posers
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM

That was the work of my buddy. The one cub fan clown had a Prior jersey on and my buddy told him "you might as well be wearing a Roger Staubach jersey..." I lost it right there...

Right before the end of the game, ole boy got upset and his boy came charging only to be met by the Sox security. I don't think Staubach and Dorsett knew that my buddy is CPD and his brother (who was standing next to us) is Illinois State PD...

You can't beat fun at the old ballpark...

Cellview22
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Someone posted a youtube video of this fight.. Is this the one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzMrSCzK94E&NR=1

Hokiesox
06-26-2007, 11:12 PM
I feel so awful for the poor guy trying to protect his little girl in the right side of the screen. Maybe that's because I'm a new parent?

lbtigerfan
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Someone posted a youtube video of this fight.. Is this the one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzMrSCzK94E&NR=1

Was that a chocolate covered banana? if you're going to throw something... let it be a fist... not a banana:rolleyes:

I can't stand the whole Cub/Sox hatred crap.... just watch the damn game and get on with your lives. No need to start fighting in a public place with children.

Two words: GROW UP!

Soxfanspcu11
06-28-2007, 12:25 AM

The best thing about this is the scrubs fan in the "comments" section who says something to the effect of, "Stop Living in the Past" regarding the Sox 2005 World Series Victory.

Stop Living in the Past??? Guess what Captain Douchebag, Baseball is BASED on the past!!! No other sport is so deeply enriched in tradition. The past is damn near EVERYTHING in baseball. The "past" is what makes the sport so amazing, it's what makes fans so loyal.

The "stop living in the past" comment by scrubs fans has to be one of the most moronic things that I have ever heard. But what do you expect from a bunch of idiotic low-lifes?? Unbelievable how friggin stupid these "fans" are.:rolleyes:

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Tell them that since they see no reason to "live in the past," you're certain that they'd be supportive of demolishing Wrigley and replacing it with a modern, comfortable ballpark. See how fast they start talking about "tradition."

miker
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
I feel so awful for the poor guy trying to protect his little girl in the right side of the screen. Maybe that's because I'm a new parent?
Yes, and probably because you're one of the handful of people that realize that getting into a public brawl over a baseball rivalry is pretty stupid.

After video review, I'm blaming the douchebag in the Garciapara jersey (wow, that's current) and the trixies in the Cubbie blue T-shirts...but I may be biased! :D:

FedEx227
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Tell them that since they see no reason to "live in the past," you're certain that they'd be supportive of demolishing Wrigley and replacing it with a modern, comfortable ballpark. See how fast they start talking about "tradition."

Yup, that's the argument I typically use. It usually doesn't go anywhere but it is fun none-the-less.

"Quit living in the past, that was years ago"

"Then if tradition and history means nothing, you guys certaintely wouldn't have a problem tearing down Wrigley to build a modern stadium?"

"They're completely different, Wrigley has a LOT of history, Ruth played there. It's a Shrine. "