PDA

View Full Version : Former Cub Mel Hall in serious trouble with law

Fenway
06-23-2007, 01:06 PM
:angry:

A former major league baseball player has been arrested in North Texas. Melvin Hall Jr., is accused of sexually assaulting two young girls.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_173190844.html

Brian26
06-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Damn, that's crazy. It's a shame the girls didn't tell anyone until now, as it's been 8-9 years that they've had to live with this.

My biggest Mel Hall memory is the batting gloves sticking out.

JB98
06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I made sure to use the phrase "former Cub" in the headline for my sports section tomorrow.

Take that, Cubune. :cool:

Lip Man 1
06-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Two things JB...it was Hall who hit the pop up that caused the collision between Raines and Ozzie blowing his knee out in April 1992 and

why don't you e-mail the link to the people at the Tribune (George Knue comes to mind...)

Lip

JB98
06-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Two things JB...it was Hall who hit the pop up that caused the collision between Raines and Ozzie blowing his knee out in April 1992 and

why don't you e-mail the link to the people at the Tribune (George Knue comes to mind...)

Lip

Yeah, I'll have to do that. I like to do things to even out the media bias in the Chicago area, even though I'm basically a nobody working for a small hometown paper.

I refuse to use the word "Cubs" in any column I write. I figure they get enough publicity from all the other blowhards around here. :D: