PDA

View Full Version : Question...Who makes draft picks?

ozzie is god
06-23-2007, 10:55 AM
KW fired senior scouting director Duane Shaffer I read in the ST today. I thought KW made the draft picks with help from the scouting dept? KW is throwing Shaffer under the bus in the article. Can someone clear this up because I tired of the Broadway's, Borchard's, Reed's, McCarty's that the Sox keep telling us are the real deal. While Det with Dombroski are building a very nice team over there with their young kids.

ilsox7
06-23-2007, 10:57 AM
KW fired senior scouting director Duane Shaffer I read in the ST today. I thought KW made the draft picks with help from the scouting dept? KW is throwing Shaffer under the bus in the article. Can someone clear this up because I tired of the Broadway's, Borchard's, Reed's, McCarty's that the Sox keep telling us are the real deal. While Det with Dombroski are building a very nice team over there with their young kids.

My understanding is KW never had much input into drafting.

Daver
06-23-2007, 11:13 AM
My understanding is KW never had much input into drafting.

He was director of minor league operations before being made GM, he has always had the final say on draft picks.

Fenway
06-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Dave Wilder has a great deal of imput as well.

ilsox7
06-23-2007, 11:19 AM
He was director of minor league operations before being made GM, he has always had the final say on draft picks.

Ah, I meant in his time as GM. But if he has always been involved in the process, then he definitely shares a good portion of the blame.

ozzie is god
06-23-2007, 12:00 PM
How do you guys feel with the youngsters down on the farm for the future? I don't know about Broadway or McCulloch but reading BP these guys don't project anything but a #3-4 type starter.

Daver
06-23-2007, 12:01 PM
How do you guys feel with the youngsters down on the farm for the future? I don't know about Broadway or McCulloch but reading BP these guys don't project anything but a #3-4 type starter.

Basing an opinion on what you read at BP is your first mistake.

ilsox7
06-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Basing an opinion on what you read at BP is your first mistake.

I would contend that reading BP was the first mistake.