PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence or design?

Railsplitter
06-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Is it a coincidence or by plan that the two interleague natchups that make the least sense geographically (Red Sox-Padres, Marlins-Mariners) are being played this weekend?

DumpJerry
06-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Makes as much "sense" as a weekend when the Red Sox play the Mariners and the Marlins play the Padres.

Why does the interleague aspect of the matchups this weekend make less sense geographically than an intraleague series?

tick53
06-23-2007, 09:35 AM
It really does span the country to the fullest degree, doesn't it?

Scottiehaswheels
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Um... aren't the Mariners playing Cincy? If not, whats this big hubbub about Griffey returning to Seattle all about? Did the Marlins acquire him and I didn't know about it?:tongue:

goofymsfan
06-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Um... aren't the Mariners playing Cincy? If not whats this big hubbub about Griffey returning to Seattle all about? Did the Marlins acquire him and I didn't know about it?:tongue:

The Mariners are in fact playing the Reds if you would call it playing they way the M's performed last night.:(: The Marlins are the only team left that has not yet played at Safeco. This year's interleague schedule has had me a bit confused though. The AL West was supposed to play vs. the NL Central but the White Sox played the Pirates (an NL Central team and non-natural rival). There were other match-ups that were similar and just didn't seem to follow the division match-ups.