PDA

View Full Version : What got into ray?


Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:04 PM
3 walks? unheard of! Hopefully lofton is teaching him how to take walks?

Daver
04-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
3 walks? unheard of! Hopefully lofton is teaching him how to take walks?

He's not batting lead-off,he walked a bit when out of the lead off spot last year as well,but an expert like you would know that.

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by daver


He's not batting lead-off,he walked a bit when out of the lead off spot last year as well,but an expert like you would know that.

Ray Durham has been a guy who has not walked much his entire career. Who cares about a few walks here and there? My point was, ray almost never walks. and ummm leadoff hitters should walk more not less, i dont get your point(as usual).

CerberusWG
04-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Captain bmr misses the point yet again.

Read it closely.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
04-01-2002, 10:29 PM
At least he isin't swinging away at the first pitch like he was last season.

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Captain bmr misses the point yet again.

Read it closely.

okay i read it closely and i still see no point in his post.

Daver
04-01-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


Ray Durham has been a guy who has not walked much his entire career. Who cares about a few walks here and there? My point was, ray almost never walks. and ummm leadoff hitters should walk more not less, i dont get your point(as usual).

Gee why am I surprised that the baseball expert has no grasp of the obvious,try reading all the words in the post.

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
At least he isin't swinging away at the first pitch like he was last season.

yeah and im thinking loftons influence may be helping......

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by daver


Gee why am I surprised that the baseball expert has no grasp of the obvious,try reading all the words in the post.

i read all the words....are you saying he walked a LITTLE bit out of the leadoff spot? Just teh words a bit are taken as a decent amount to me....and thanks for the compliment, i wouldnt say EXPERT, but ya know..... :)

danman31
04-01-2002, 10:36 PM
Maybe Ray performs better with less pressure?

Daver
04-01-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


i read all the words....are you saying he walked a LITTLE bit out of the leadoff spot? Just teh words a bit are taken as a decent amount to me....and thanks for the compliment, i wouldnt say EXPERT, but ya know..... :)


Yeah, I forgot to use teal,though BS brown would be more approriate.

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Maybe Ray performs better with less pressure?


Now THAT i understand lol :)

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by daver



Yeah, I forgot to use teal,though BS brown would be more approriate.

hmmm i dont get this either.....

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by daver



Yeah, I forgot to use teal,though BS brown would be more approriate.


wow daver even when im not trying i really get to you dont i? you may want to look into that issue.....

Tragg
04-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


Ray Durham has been a guy who has not walked much his entire career. Who cares about a few walks here and there? My point was, ray almost never walks. and ummm leadoff hitters should walk more not less, i dont get your point(as usual).

He was second on the team in walks last year. He usually walks 50-70 times per year - not great when compared to bonds, but terrific when compared to the White Sox - expecially clayton and singleton.

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Tragg


He was second on the team in walks last year. He usually walks 50-70 times per year - not great when compared to bonds, but terrific when compared to the White Sox - expecially clayton and singleton.

thats not great for a leadoff hitter and yes the sox have major issues with patience.......again i hope lofton can help us!

Tragg
04-01-2002, 10:59 PM
He wasn't a great leadoff hitter - just the best one we had. Hopefully he will have a solid year at number 2. he should get a lot of good pitches, with Frank backing him up (of course that, again, makes one wonder where the 3 walks came from).

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
He wasn't a great leadoff hitter - just the best one we had. Hopefully he will have a solid year at number 2. he should get a lot of good pitches, with Frank backing him up (of course that, again, makes one wonder where the 3 walks came from).

yeah im looking forward to that, i hope youre right!