PDA

View Full Version : *Official* <teal>Something different</teal> Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
06-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Not much you can say about this one other than our bullpen destroys our hope once again.:mad:

hi im skot
06-22-2007, 05:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/supermercado/sb.jpg

CLR01
Any day now. Just wait until we get our teeth into the NLC. That'll right the ship.

Dick Allen
Crap hitting, crap bullpen. Groundhog Day once again.

lowestofthelow
Could have been worse..we could have been no hit by the biggest jerk off in baseball.

stl_sox_fan
Uncle

Kwrubac
06-22-2007, 05:44 PM
what's there to say that hasn't been said all season...we just aren't that good of a team....:(:

BeviBall!
Can't wait to see the rest of our farm system in a few weeks!

Any day now. Just wait until we get our teeth into the NLC. That'll right the ship.

Your sick.

chidonez
:raincloud::cuss:

thomas35forever
"Okay, campers. Rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there today."
"It's cold out there everyday."

cleanwsox
06-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Only difference in this game was no early runs and a lead to blow later on.

With a Rangers and Reds win tonight, the Sox will be tied for the least amount of wins in the league. woopee!

Boondock Saint
06-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Agreed. And might I add...

:chunks:

JB98
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
A least there won't be any more posts about who is a dark cloud and who isn't. The entire Sox fan base knows we suck at this point.

I really thought today's game would be the one we would win. I had tremendous faith in Buerhle, and he certainly pitched well enough to win. But this horse**** offense and gas can bullpen is too much to overcome.

Same old, same old. Only 93 games left.

thomas35forever
What's the image? I can't see it.

BeviBall!
With a Rangers and Reds win tonight, the Sox will be tied for the least amount of wins in the league. woopee!

How ridiculous is that?

kingpin_rcs
06-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Are they trying to lose?!?

All the good that came out of 2005, the increase in popularity, the boost in season tickets, the national attention. All of it is quickly eroding away.

Lost - like tears in the rain.

oeo
06-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Zambrano was absolutely nasty today. Had the bullpen kept it 2-1, we would have gotten to Dumpster in the 9th.

This team could be still be hovering .500 if it had any sort of a bullpen, even with the horrid hitting.

CLR01
06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
A least there won't be any more posts about who is a dark cloud and who isn't. The entire Sox fan base knows we suck at this point.

I really thought today's game would be the one we would win. I had tremendous faith in Buerhle, and he certainly pitched well enough to win. But this horse**** offense and gas can bullpen is too much to overcome.

Patrick still has faith.

BeviBall!
06-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Only 279 hours left to waste this season.

hi im skot
06-22-2007, 05:50 PM
What's the image? I can't see it.

I'll try this...

Boondock Saint
06-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Only 279 hours left to waste this season.

Not so! The Bears enter training camp soon!

goon
06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Most interesting parts of the game:
1. Zambrano's 4 straight K's to start the game
2. Buehrle dominating after giving up two solo jacks
3. Paul's HR
4. Iguchi's called strike that was like a foot outside, literally

It's hard to be disappointed when you know the offense isn't going to show up and the bullpen can't keep you in the game. I'd be mad if I didn't expect it. Paul and Tadahito look pretty good at the plate, let's hope Pods can stay healthy when he comes back, maybe we will start producing more runs. It seems like the offense is really struggling with no one getting on base at the top of the order, on top of having to battle individual problems at the plate.

Jjav829
06-22-2007, 05:53 PM

Screw that. The real countdown is until the trade deadline. That's about the only thing worth keeping track of in this Sox season. How many more days do we have to sell off a bunch of players?

ND_Sox_Fan
06-22-2007, 06:03 PM
1 down, 2 to go ... fully expect a sweep, anything else will be a pleasant surprise.

paciorek1983
Are they trying to lose?!?

All the good that came out of 2005, the increase in popularity, the boost in season tickets, the national attention. All of it is quickly eroding away.

Lost - like tears in the rain.

Yeah the Sox have done a great job of throwing it all away. What a shame. There is no "Sox Pride" at this point. At least we won the World Series, which sounds like a terrible quote in a very weird way.:(:

alohafri
Come on all of you dark clouds? All we need is to go on a 25-2 run and we are back in this thing!

Ah, who am I kidding. Anyone want to buy tickets? I am 0-7 at the Cell this year...1-7 total.

Law11
06-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Where are the glass is half full folks who are gonna tell us we are playing bad teams under .500 and this is our time to right the ship..

Break out the orange and Blue this is sickning..

JB98
06-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Screw that. The real countdown is until the trade deadline. That's about the only thing worth keeping track of in this Sox season. How many more days do we have to sell off a bunch of players?

40, by my count.

How much are we going to get for Dye at this point? He looks bad. That injury has to be bothering him. Sell him for whatever we can get.

paciorek1983
06-22-2007, 06:05 PM
1 down, 2 to go ... fully expect a sweep, anything else will be a pleasant surprise.

I don't expect anything good out of this team anymore this season, and I have 3 games left to attend. It makes me sick. What a waste of time.:(:

DickAllen72
06-22-2007, 06:06 PM
The highlight of this season will be the day the Sox trade Dye.

alohafri
06-22-2007, 06:09 PM

And Mackowiak, and Uribe, and Iguchi...oh, and not to mention when they give the bullpen a bunch of tickets for a ride on the Edmund Fitzgerald. Those clowns should not be allowed to play baseball anywhere!

Law11
The highlight for me will be the day Bourbonnais starts and I can find something else to occupy my sports focus..

At least the Bears can just drive me nuts once a week.

sox1970

I'll stick with the Buehrle no-hitter.

Boondock Saint
06-22-2007, 06:11 PM
In case there was any doubt as to whether this team is pathetic or not, here's proof. My Cub fan sister is trying to console me. **** me running.

russ99
Could have been worse..we could have been no hit by the biggest jerk off in baseball.

Good point. But this one still really stunk. How many more games is Ozzie going to parade out that same group of failures from the pen before Kenny does something about it?!? :angry:

Once again, the Sox blow a winnable game.

StillMissOzzie
Buehrle's performance reminded me of a game vs. the Brewers, when Black Jack gave up a HR to start the game and then held them hitless the rest of the way. MB was not quite that domineering, but pretty close. Sadly, Big Z was more than up to the task. He tied his career high in Ks, and was still hitting 95-96 in the 8th inning. My only gripe, and it's a relatively weak one, is that he seemed to get more benefit-of-the-doubt calls, since he was pounding the strikezone early and often. I know he K'd the first four, but it seems like he was up in the 1-2 to everyone!
No offense, as usual.
No bullpen help, as usual.
Good starting performance wasted, as usual.

SMO
:(::angry::whiner:

skobabe8
06-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Was this game the story of the season or what? Starting pitching was good enough to win. Offense blew. Bullpen blew. Awful loss.

russ99
06-22-2007, 06:13 PM

Can we officially name him "6-4-3 DP" Dye yet? If there's a guy on this team that deserves to be benched, he's it.

skobabe8
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
All this while Burls was puking between innings because he was sick. Way to help him out, guys.

AJ Hellraiser
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
All this while Burls was puking between innings because he was sick. Way to help him out, guys.

I had no idea about that.... he must be re-signed.. he is the heart and soul of this team and a quick rebuilding should center around him and garland....

DickAllen72
06-22-2007, 06:21 PM
I had no idea about that.... he must be re-signed.. he is the heart and soul of this team and a quick rebuilding should center around him and garland....
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Truer words were never spoken (typed). :cheers:

whitesoxwilkes
06-22-2007, 06:24 PM
I just sold my tickets for tomorrow. First time since its inception I won't be attending a single game of a crosstown series...but quite frankly, I just don't want to deal with idiot Cub fans who will no doubt be all puffed up from today.

Lip Man 1
06-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Folks all you can do for the rest of the season is sit back, smile and try to keep your sanity.

I mean when Erstad reinjures himself in the first inning of his first game back from the DL all you can do is laugh.

It's one of those years.

Lip

skobabe8
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Truer words were never spoken (typed). :cheers:

Ive come to the realization that this is absolutely correct. Soft tossing lefties have the capability of lasting a loooong time in this business.

MrX
All this while Burls was puking between innings
He wasn't the only one doing that

VenturaFan23
As soon as it was 3-1, we headed for the exits because I knew there were more runs coming. This is just too predictable now :angry:

skobabe8
06-22-2007, 06:35 PM

LOL...not sure if it was from the lack of offense or not.

MarySwiss
06-22-2007, 06:39 PM
We are beyond bad. :angry:

On a lighter note, I warned MrMarySwiss that if he said ONE WORD to me about today's game, he'd better damn well have a motel reservation somewhere. (semi-teal)

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I woke up today in a good mood thinking for some unexplicable reason "The Sox are going to win today! We're going to turn it around! We'll sweep 'em and then go on a bit of a run!" I'm pleased to say after today I'm back to my normal self. This team is not going to go on a run. I think if we were totally healthy we'd be ok, but ultimately a team that features an outfield of Rob Mackowiak, Luis Terrero and 6-4-3 DP Jermaine Dye is just not going anywhere. I know I'm starting to sound like the windsock (for which I shall never forgive myself) but that's just the way it is this year. Hopefully we'll make the right moves and come out for a good 2008.

It's Time
06-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Ozzie has lost the team, plain and simple. Inept is far too kind of a word for this bunch.

SluggersAway
06-22-2007, 06:55 PM

The difference is the other guys were puking during the innings.

JB98
06-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Ozzie has lost the team, plain and simple. Inept is far too kind of a word for this bunch.

They are inept, but why do you think Ozzie has lost the team?

kittle42
06-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I just got back.

I have never missed a Sox/Cubs game since they started counting in 1997.

I tried to sell my tickets to tomorrow on the train to no avail.

They are currently available in the WSI Ticket Exchange.

I do not want to watch another game of this team until they trade for the "kids" and start playing them.

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
It's not Ozzie's fault that nobody in the bullpen can get an out (was I the only one who was shocked that the bullpen had a 1-2-3 eighth?) and that everyone in our outfield is hurt so we're forced to make guys like Terrero and Mackowiak everyday players. Sadly, this team as it is just isn't that good. It's time to start looking towards 2008 and I agree the first priority should be rebuilding us up the middle. Then the outfield...then the bullpen...then a thirdbasemen...then we need to decide whether or not to keep Buerhle and what to do with the rotation...yes, it will be an easy off season for Kenny this year.

Viva Medias B's
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM

I was at the game today. Barry Bonds did not pitch against us. This was an embarrassment to our franchise today. I have a real problem, in any sport, with losing rivalry games. Carlos Zambrano's good pitching aside, three hits in inexcusable. I don't care how bad we've been all season long. Losing to the Cubs is completely unacceptable. If we get swept this weekend in embarrassing fashion, I think it's time for some heads to start rolling big time. I don't know which heads should roll, but this organization must do something to show us the fans that this craptacular style of play will not be tolerated. And the rolling heads should consist of those in both player personnel and the coaching staff.

Oh, what was the most interesting highlight of the day? I would say the big donnybrook in Section 512 during the 8th inning. I had a great view of it from Section 106. It was probably a case of a White Sox fan (or a group thereof) and a Cubs fan (or a group thereof) who had too much firewater and the Dye DP (and the reaction to it by Cub fans) is what probably triggered it. It took about 15 Sox Security personnel about 10 minutes to restore order.

robertks61
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I was there and I was embarrassed, enough said!

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I was at the game today. Barry Bonds did not pitch against us.
Truth be told, he could probably strike out the lower half of our order today.

DSpivack
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Folks all you can do for the rest of the season is sit back, smile and try to keep your sanity.

I mean when Erstad reinjures himself in the first inning of his first game back from the DL all you can do is laugh.

It's one of those years.

Lip

I can't imagine how bothered I would be by this season if it wasn't for 2005. Yeah, I'm still pissed and dissapointed by their performance. But it happens.

itsnotrequired
06-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I saw dllrbll7 on the way out of the game and he agreed with me that the biggest problem with this team is that they suck.

Sig update time...

It's Time
06-22-2007, 07:22 PM
They are inept, but why do you think Ozzie has lost the team?

They just seem like a very disinterested bunch at this point. To come out against the Cubs and play that lifeless says a lot. Say what you want about Zambrano pitching lights out (and he did) but this team has the worst record in Baseball over the last 27 games.

Ozzie has a lot to do with this mess.

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:23 PM

Honestly, I was mentally preparing for that in the 3rd inning. God Bless Iguchi for getting that first hit.

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
They just seem like a very disinterested bunch at this point. To come out against the Cubs and play that lifeless says a lot. Say what you want about Zambrano pitching lights out (and he did) but this team has the worst record in Baseball over the last 27 games.

I think the players have more to do with this. Again, who can Ozzie go to in the bullpen? Who can lay down a bunt when Ozzie asks them to? Ultimately, this team just isn't that good. John McGraw and Connie Mack would look like bad managers with this team.

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
4. Iguchi's called strike that was like a foot outside, literally.

I saw that from section 531. I haven't seen any replays yet, but I assume you're talking about the strikeout in the 9th, right? Just brutal umpiring.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 07:26 PM
I saw dllrbll7 on the way out of the game and he agreed with me that the biggest problem with this team is that they suck.

Sig update time...

I think the biggest problem is this team does not appear to be proficient at playing the game of baseball. And when you're a baseball team, that's particularly bad news.

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:28 PM

The highlight of the season happened back in April...Buehrle's no-hitter. I'm fortunate to have been able to see that in person. As far as other highlights, I honestly can't think of one other memorable moment from this team so far.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 07:28 PM
The highlight of the season happened back in April...Buehrle's no-hitter. I'm fortunate to have been able to see that in person. As far as other highlights, I honestly can't think of one other memorable moment from this team so far.

McGriddle won the race thingie Tuesday.

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Can we officially name him "6-4-3 DP" Dye yet? If there's a guy on this team that deserves to be benched, he's it.

It's a nice touch when he hits into that 6-4-3 on the very first pitch too. All of the momentum of the inning absolutely killed...

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I just got back.

I have never missed a Sox/Cubs game since they started counting in 1997.

I tried to sell my tickets to tomorrow on the train to no avail.

They are currently available in the WSI Ticket Exchange.

I do not want to watch another game of this team until they trade for the "kids" and start playing them.

That's a hell of a streak, including some bad teams in '98 and '99...so its something to be proud of. That '98 sweep at Wrigley was brutal too...I don't know how you endured all three games.

As bad as it is now, you should keep the tickets and go tomorrow so you can keep the streak going. You're only young once...enjoy it while you can!

JB98
06-22-2007, 07:39 PM

I think Ozzie is accountable, but not to the extent that you suggest. He has a bullpen full of arsonists. We've lost our third baseman for the year, and the likes of Mackowiak, Terrero and Owens have been getting regular work in the outfield.

It's just not a very good baseball team. I think Ozzie and his staff are accountable for the poor fundamentals we've seen from the squad. Obviously, the team needs to be drilled on things with greater frequency. But I don't know if I'd call the team "disinterested." The terms "horse****" and "mentally beaten" apply.

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh, what was the most interesting highlight of the day? I would say the big donnybrook in Section 512 during the 8th inning. I had a great view of it from Section 106. It was probably a case of a White Sox fan (or a group thereof) and a Cubs fan (or a group thereof) who had too much firewater and the Dye DP (and the reaction to it by Cub fans) is what probably triggered it. It took about 15 Sox Security personnel about 10 minutes to restore order.

I've never seen a fight like that in all of my years at the Cell. I could see arms swinging from my seat all the way behind home plate. Did they actually have to cuff some guys before they took them down the aisle?

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 07:43 PM
It's just not a very good baseball team. I think Ozzie and his staff are accountable for the poor fundamentals we've seen from the squad.

That is what pisses me off about this team. I can handle losing. I cannot accept teams that do not perform basic baseball skills. That is where Ozzie has failed this year. If you're going to suck, at least play with a purpose. Go to the plate with the right approach. Be smart on the bases. Throw to the right bases. Don't get picked off. **** like that goes back to coaching, IMO.

It's Time
06-22-2007, 07:45 PM
He has a bullpen full of arsonists..

No doubt about that and that is being kind.

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Throw to the right bases.

I haven't seen any replays of the game. Did Konerko have a shot at a doubleplay in the 9th when there was one out and he elected to go home with the throw instead of to 2nd. I think Pagan was batting, but I'd have to check that.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I haven't seen any replays of the game. Did Konerko have a shot at a doubleplay in the 9th when there was one out and he elected to go home with the throw instead of to 2nd. I think Pagan was batting, but I'd have to check that.

I was taking clothes out of the drier.

starboy0
06-22-2007, 07:47 PM

Absolutely correct. Starting with Buehrle's no-hitter we won something like 5 out of 6. I began to think that what had sunk us last year (the starting pitching) was now over.

I don't even know if we can win two games in a row now.

JB98
06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
That is what pisses me off about this team. I can handle losing. I cannot accept teams that do not perform basic baseball skills. That is where Ozzie has failed this year. If you're going to suck, at least play with a purpose. Go to the plate with the right approach. Be smart on the bases. Throw to the right bases. Don't get picked off. **** like that goes back to coaching, IMO.

There needs to be more drill work before games to fix the problems, or there needs to be a system of fines for poor execution. Set up a Kangaroo Court and fine any ******* who can't get a bunt down or gets picked off second base, etc., etc.

Like most Sox fans, I'm tired of looking at that bull****.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
There needs to be more drill work before games to fix the problems, or there needs to be a system of fines for poor execution. Set up a Kangaroo Court and fine any ******* who can't get a bunt down or gets picked off second base, etc., etc.

Well, you know my thoughts about kangaroo court fines. :D:

WhiteSox5187
I've never seen a fight like that in all of my years at the Cell. I could see arms swinging from my seat all the way behind home plate. Did they actually have to cuff some guys before they took them down the aisle?
I was in aisle 540 and we could see something pretty big going on. I saw a ton of guys in white jackets trying to get over there and some guy wearing a Barrett jersey just pounding away on some guy. It looked REAL bad. I think about four or five rows just scattered because they were moving around a lot. It was scary. I've been going to Comiskey for about, sixteen years now and was an usher there and an usher at Wrigley and I've never seen anything as bad as that fight...actually, I take it back, there was a pretty bad one in the Wrigley concourse between some Cubs and Cardinals fans and it took security forever to get there. I remember four or five ushers got hit and I had to drag one of my friends out of there. It was pretty bad. Of course, that never did make the Tribune. I have the feelign this fight will.

Viva Medias B's

I saw at least two people taken down the aisle in cuffs. One of them was a Cub fan wearing a Garciaparra jersey, and he will most certainly face resisting arrest charges. The other one was a guy wearing a yellow shirt who was equally resistant. Also, I noticed that Dye, Konerko, Iguchi, and the Cubs 1B coach were all looking into the stands at the fight during the Logan-Masset pitching change.

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I saw at least two people taken down the aisle in cuffs. One of them was a Cub fan wearing a Garciaparra jersey, and he will most certainly face resisting arrest charges. The other one was a guy wearing a yellow shirt who was equally resistant. Also, I noticed that Dye, Konerko, Iguchi, and the Cubs 1B coach were all looking into the stands at the fight during the Logan-Masset pitching change.
It's got to be a pretty big fight to get the players attention. It was almost scary from where I was sitting. It looked like something out of UFC.

WSox597
06-22-2007, 08:12 PM
While not in favor of ball park fights, there are some Cub fans that are simply beneath contempt.

I've had the urge to *****-slap many of them even before this season. Some of them are beyond obnoxious. For a franchise that hasn't won a goddamn thing since Teddy Roosevelt was in office, they sure are cocky.

Face it, the Sox are going nowhere this year. It's not the first time they have sucked, and it won't be the last time.

Life goes on, make some moves and at least show us you're trying. What's going on now is hideous.

Maybe if they get swept, it'll knock some sense into them. I don't know why Buehrle was taken out for the procession of noodle-armed idiots from the bullpen. Ask Ozzie. If you can understand his answer you're a better man than me.

Ozzie, pay attention, your bullpen sucks. Use it as little as possible. Ignore the stupid righty-lefty crap. Ignore the pitch count unless the pitcher says he can't go. Leave them out in the bullpen playing euchre until September.

Leave Mackowiak on the bench as a "threat". Please, enough already. This guy needs to go somewhere else. Package him to anybody dumb enough to take Vazquez off our hands. Tomorrow if possible.

Man, this sucks. It's embarassing. And to the friggin' Cubs yet. The clown princes of professional sports take the Sox to the cleaners in front of their screaming drunken nitwit fans. I hope the sox fans at least won the fight in the stands.

And to whoever posted about the fight making the Cubune, it'll be front page news, book it.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a fight at a sporting event where one guy punched another guy out of nowhere. It takes at least two to tango. There are plenty of idiotic Sox fans, which was apparently proved today.

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
While not in favor of ball park fights, there are some Cub fans that are simply beneath contempt.

I've had the urge to *****-slap many of them even before this season. Some of them are beyond obnoxious. For a franchise that hasn't won a goddamn thing since Teddy Roosevelt was in office, they sure are cocky.

Face it, the Sox are going nowhere this year. It's not the first time they have sucked, and it won't be the last time.

Life goes on, make some moves and at least show us you're trying. What's going on now is hideous.

Maybe if they get swept, it'll knock some sense into them. I don't know why Buehrle was taken out for the procession of noodle-armed idiots from the bullpen. Ask Ozzie. If you can understand his answer you're a better man than me.

Ozzie, pay attention, your bullpen sucks. Use it as little as possible. Ignore the stupid righty-lefty crap. Ignore the pitch count unless the pitcher says he can't go. Leave them out in the bullpen playing euchre until September.

Leave Mackowiak on the bench as a "threat". Please, enough already. This guy needs to go somewhere else. Package him to anybody dumb enough to take Vazquez off our hands. Tomorrow if possible.

Man, this sucks. It's embarassing. And to the friggin' Cubs yet. The clown princes of professional sports take the Sox to the cleaners in front of their screaming drunken nitwit fans. I hope the sox fans at least won the fight in the stands.

And to whoever posted about the fight making the Cubune, it'll be front page news, book it.
The problem is, MB threw about 115 pitches, he HAD to be taken out. Plus I've read he was violently ill too...Mackowiak is our starting LF because we don't really have anyone else to play there. Before he and Pablo were platooning, and then we lost Pablo so we had to go to plan C...as for Cubs fans, they ARE obnoxious, but I'm sure after the Wrigley series in 2005 or 2006 we could go onto a Cubs board and read about how obnoxious us Sox fans are...and if the fight makes the paper tommorrow I am going to write a long letter to the Tribune and the Sun Times recalling my experiences as an usher and how many fights I saw at the Cell vs. Wrigley. God help you if your involved in a fight at Wrigley, especially in the bleachers, someone could die before security gets down there.

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a fight at a sporting event where one guy punched another guy out of nowhere. It takes at least two to tango. There are plenty of idiotic Sox fans, which was apparently proved today.
Oh, of course! But I have seen guys who were like, jawing off at each other and then one guy takes it too far. It happened a lot at Wrigley, the massive brawl I was talking about happened when the Cubs were getting creamed by the Cardinals and a Cubs fan started jawing off a Cubs fan and the Cards fan just said "Scoreboard." And BOOM! The Cubs fan tackled him and soon his friends were involved and it got pretty ugly pretty quick.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh, of course! But I have seen guys who were like, jawing off at each other and then one guy takes it too far. It happened a lot at Wrigley, the massive brawl I was talking about happened when the Cubs were getting creamed by the Cardinals and a Cubs fan started jawing off a Cubs fan and the Cards fan just said "Scoreboard." And BOOM! The Cubs fan tackled him and soon his friends were involved and it got pretty ugly pretty quick.

Any idiotic behavior should be ignored, especially when dealing with drunks at a ballpark. There are plenty of idiots out there, Sox or Cubs fans. I have no doubt that all of those involved in the fight today were dumbasses, no matter the team they apparently root for.

PaulDrake
06-22-2007, 08:26 PM
All this while Burls was puking between innings because he was sick. Way to help him out, guys. He's not the only one.

PaulDrake
06-22-2007, 08:29 PM

It's one of those years.

Lip Nah, I'll give him three or four games before he's out for the year.

Edit: I didn't watch or listen to the game, and didn't realize that it actually happened. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Grzegorz
06-22-2007, 08:38 PM

Absolutely; this guy is a winner. You build around guys like this.

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2007, 08:42 PM
When Paulie hit his home run and Pierzynski got on base after him, I thought we were in business. But then Dye grounded into a friggen double play. I have no confidence every time that guy comes up to bat. He truly is careless right now!

I'm glad I left that one after the seventh inning!

Blueprint1
06-22-2007, 08:58 PM
The last time the sox were this bad I was in 5th grade. That was a long time ago. I really hate this and hope it only lasts one season.

MRM
06-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Not much you can say about this one other than our bullpen destroys our hope once again.:mad:

The Cubs scored two runs in the 1st inning. The Sox scored 1 run all game. This had NOTHING to do with the bullpen. I don't care if they give up 20 runs, they had nothing to do with this particular loss.

Grzegorz
06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
The Cubs scored two runs in the 1st inning. The Sox scored 1 run all game. This had NOTHING to do with the bullpen. I don't care if they give up 20 runs, they had nothing to do with this particular loss.

It had very much to do with the bullpen. Their goal is to keep the game close; they failed as they often have this year.

soxwon
06-22-2007, 09:04 PM

ozzie needs to go berserk, whens it gonna happen?

Grzegorz
06-22-2007, 09:06 PM
ozzie needs to go berserk, whens it gonna happen?

Maybe that helps him in the short term, but Patton couldn't fire up this team.

soxwon
06-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Clev losing minn lost det winning could've gained again.
Clev has not been playing well

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Clev losing minn lost det winning could've gained again.
Clev has not been playing well

The absolute last thing the Sox or anyone around here should be worried about is how other teams in our division are playing.

Grzegorz
06-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Instead of losing focus on this team, I find these times to be the most intriguing. We will get to see what kind of GM Kenny Williams happens to be.

I believe that this team can hold on to Mark Buehrle and still make the kinds of deals that help this team in the short term (no, not 2007 but 2008).

We live in interesting times in regards to the Chicago White Sox.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Now this is some first-class top spin.

I salute you!

:thumbsup:

JB98
06-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Instead of losing focus on this team, I find these times to be the most intriguing. We will get to see what kind of GM Kenny Williams happens to be.

I believe that this team can hold on to Mark Buehrle and still make the kinds of deals that help this team in the short term (no, not 2007 but 2008).

A source within the Sox organization confirmed to Phil Arvia today that there has been "an ongoing dialogue" with Buerhle's agent. IMO, Mark is sincere when he says he wants to stay with the Sox.

Whether the money is there remains to be seen.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
A source within the Sox organization confirmed to Phil Arvia today that there has been "an ongoing dialogue" with Buerhle's agent. IMO, Mark is sincere when he says he wants to stay with the Sox.

Not surprising. Essentially, the Sox have to decide if they will re-sign Mark in the next 5 weeks. At minimum, they have to have a pretty good feeling that they can get him back to not trade him, IMO.

itsnotrequired
06-22-2007, 09:22 PM
McGriddle won the race thingie Tuesday.

And today! The little sandwich that could...

JB98
06-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Not surprising. Essentially, the Sox have to decide if they will re-sign Mark in the next 5 weeks. At minimum, they have to have a pretty good feeling that they can get him back to not trade him, IMO.

I really do think Buerhle likes it here, despite all that crap about the Cardinals the detractors bring up all the time. The Sox are going to have to make Buerhle the highest paid player on the team to keep him, but truthfully, I can't think of anyone on the roster who is more important to the team than Mark.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I really do think Buerhle likes it here, despite all that crap about the Cardinals the detractors bring up all the time. The Sox are going to have to make Buerhle the highest paid player on the team to keep him, but truthfully, I can't think of anyone on the roster who is more important to the team than Mark.

My guess is the Sox go 4 years, 56-60 million as their final offer.

RockJock07
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm glad that gooch took that hanging slider and hit it for a solid single or else the Sox would have been no-hit. They are so awful it's not even funny anymore.

No words can describe this team, I'm done until they sell off some pieces. Alot of experts picked this team 4th and everyone freaked out. The experts were being gracious, I'M So ****ing pissed right now..

RadioheadRocks
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe that helps him in the short term, but Patton couldn't fire up this team.

You got that right... they looked like the fricken Keystone Kops on the field when Pie got that hit driving in the last two runs. :angry:

I think I've come up with the one word that describes this team to a T this year: FEEBLE.

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Boy, I hope we re-sign him. He and Garland are two guys ya gotta hang on to.

JB98
06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Boy, I hope we re-sign him. He and Garland are two guys ya gotta hang on to.

An extension for Mark would bring some light into this dark season, at least for me. I really want the Sox to retain him.

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 09:49 PM
An extension for Mark would bring some light into this dark season, at least for me. I really want the Sox to retain him.
Me too. If you hold on to him and Garland (and truth be told I don't mind Danks or Javy in the four and five spots) you really got yourself a good rotation for the future. Then if you just fix the bullpen and up the middle (which can be done through free agency) you can have yourself a really good team for a long time to come.

MRM
06-22-2007, 10:39 PM
It had very much to do with the bullpen. Their goal is to keep the game close; they failed as they often have this year.

Had NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game which was, obviously, my point.

MRM
06-22-2007, 10:49 PM

You mean you'll decide if you like Kenny Williams this week.

What you "believe" is absolutely meaninless. But you infer that if Kenny doesn't do what you want then he'll be a "bad" GM.

If it were as simple as appeasing the fans TODAY then Kenny would sign MB tomorrow no matter the cost. Unforunately for HIM, he has to put a team on the field next year for you to criticize, too.

MB keeps saying "I want to stay with the Sox". He's also said "I hope I'm not traded before my child is born". How much does he sincerely want to stay and how much is not wanting to move with a late term pregnant wife? Cynical? Sure. He didn't take a reasonable (at the time) offer before the A.S. break last year (before he knew she pregnant), so how much does he REALLY want to stay?

MRM
06-22-2007, 10:52 PM
My guess is the Sox go 4 years, 56-60 million as their final offer.

Too much, IMHO. IF the Sox went that high and he rejected...he didn't REALLY want to be there in the first place.

Hitmen77
06-23-2007, 12:02 AM

I believe the money is there. No matter what, IMO, the Sox will have one veteran pitcher gone by opening day next year. If they sign Buehrle, that will mean moving Contreras, Vazquez, or Garland during the offseason to free up $10 million or so.

The question is whether the Sox believe this is how the money would be best allocated. That and number of years may be as much of a deal breaker as annual salary.

MRM
06-23-2007, 12:06 AM
I believe the money is there.

Based on what?

Grzegorz
06-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Had NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game which was, obviously, my point.

The bullpen gave up three runs. That's a mountain to this team. The bullpen is a major factor in the demise of this team this year.

You mean you'll decide if you like Kenny Williams this week.

What you "believe" is absolutely meaninless. But you infer that if Kenny doesn't do what you want then he'll be a "bad" GM.

No, what I believe has meaning to me and does have some meaning to the Chicago White Sox in the form of ticket sales, merchandise, viewer ship, etc...

If Kenny doesn't do what I want him to do doesn't make him a bad GM. My point is that this team needs character guys and Buehrle is one of those guys. I believe KW is shred enough to pull off deals to strengthen this team for the '08 season and keep the linchpin of the starting staff.

Frankfan4life
06-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Fortunately, I was at work and missed the game, but I did follow the "play-by-play" on the game thread and I have to admit that it was one of the most entertaining game threads ever. Even though the Sox lost I had to laugh at some of the comments. The one about a 2-run lead being the new 8-run lead was a classic.

Seriously though, this team has really tanked and I guess there's not much left except to find the humor in it all (laughing to keep from crying). Unfortunately, I won't be able to see the game tomorrow or keep track of it on WSI because I'll be at the beauty salon, but I'll be sure to check out the game thread. This time, however, I hope the humor will be coming from success instead of tragedy.

Hitmen77
06-23-2007, 10:02 AM

LMAO.

This should be added to that "2007 Season in Pictures" thread.

GoSox2K3
06-23-2007, 11:16 AM

If anything, my guess this is KW just nailing down a final "No" answer from Mark Buehrle on a 3 yr deal offer. If he's sure MB won't take that kind of deal, then he'll look to trade him.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-24-2007, 11:55 AM

I see it as opportunity. KW built the World Champs in 2005...and I feel he will re-build to stave off "accepted" losing seasons that are common north of 35th and Shields.

This is a bad year for us...but there are worse teams out there.