PDA

View Full Version : It Starts NOW

WhiteSox5187
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
This is it. This series will really determine if we're going to dive for the rest of the year or if we're going to show some signs of life. We have Optimus Grind back and Pods will be up soon. It's time to start winning. If we get swept or lose this series, we're in a rough spot but maybe, just maybe a win or a sweep of the Cubs can get us going in the right direction...or maybe I'm a moron. I'd vote for the latter.

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, technically it started in April. Sadly, the Sox failed to get that memo.

Chicago
06-22-2007, 02:29 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=K92OVFeGgIE

jenn2080
06-22-2007, 02:31 PM
:rolling::rolling:

:anon::bong:

downstairs
06-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Yep! If we win 10 in a row (something they've done 11 times in their history, and not since 1976) we'll be back to .500 in a division where both 1st and 2nd place will most likely have 90 wins.

YEAHHHHHHH!

sox1970
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
:o:

QCIASOXFAN
06-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I hope your right but don't think it will happen. I'm watching Comcast right now and they are doing the 05 season special and its just amazing how different the two teams look. I haven't seen this in over a year and forgot how EVERYTHING went our way that year in every game. This year NOTING goes our way, people are hurt and our offense is historically bad. Forgot to mention our bullpen stinks pretty bad also. It would be cool to sweep the Scrubs though.:D:

kevingrt
06-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Right Now.

Isn't that a song

FedEx227
06-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I hope your right but don't think it will happen. I'm watching Comcast right now and they are doing the 05 season special and its just amazing how different the two teams look. I haven't seen this in over a year and forgot how EVERYTHING went our way that year in every game. This year NOTING goes our way, people are hurt and our offense is historically bad. Forgot to mention our bullpen stinks pretty bad also. It would be cool to sweep the Scrubs though.:D:

It's night and day. Everything that could go right with that 05 team did. With 07 every thing that can go wrong, goes even worse then you could have expected.

lumpyspun
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Right Now.

Isn't that a song

Yes, unfortunately.

Sad
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
:shammy I am Ostamisty boody...

esbrechtel
06-22-2007, 02:59 PM
it seems many of you are forgetting we have only played Detroit 1 time this season AND we aren't that far behind them, we still have a shot....a long one but a shot nonetheless....anyone remember that Cleveland Indians team in 05 they made a pretty decent run didn't they?
(Que the dumb and dumber quote w/ picture)

Chicken Dinner
06-22-2007, 03:00 PM
We're already bottom-feeders (third worst team in the AL) so why it would "start now"? Erstad isn't going to help the pen. I guess beating the Cubs is always fun but we're already down 2 games to 1. We need a sweep and we all know we can't even win a series.:mad:

jenn2080
06-22-2007, 03:01 PM
We're already bottom-feeders (third worst team in the AL) so why it would "start now"? Erstad isn't going to help the pen. I guess beating the Cubs is always fun but we're already down 2 games to 1. We need a sweep and we all know we can't even win a series.:mad:

or a game.....

HotelWhiteSox
06-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Make up your mind, in the thread just created yesterday about this, you said 'No, they are not turning it around, this team sucks'

QCIASOXFAN
06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
it seems many of you are forgetting we have only played Detroit 1 time this season AND we aren't that far behind them, we still have a shot....a long one but a shot nonetheless....anyone remember that Cleveland Indians team in 05 they made a pretty decent run didn't they?
(Que the dumb and dumber quote w/ picture)Since when is an 11.5 game lead not that far behind?:unsure: And your also telling me that playing Detroit more will benefit the Sox.:unsure:

Chicken Dinner
06-22-2007, 03:09 PM
(Que the dumb and dumber quote w/ picture)

But Detroit has

http://www.kennyrogers.biz/store/images/uploads/GamblerDigipack.jpg
Back!!

russ99
06-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Sox need to get it going this weekend, not only to get some semblance of decent baseball back, but the there's the added bonus of beating the Cubs. :tongue:

CLR01
06-22-2007, 03:14 PM
This is it. This series will really determine if we're going to dive for the rest of the year or if we're going to show some signs of life. We have Optimus Grind back and Pods will be up soon. It's time to start winning. If we get swept or lose this series, we're in a rough spot but maybe, just maybe a win or a sweep of the Cubs can get us going in the right direction...or maybe I'm a moron. I'd vote for the latter.

Having to win 70% of your remaining games isn't already a rough spot?

soxinem1
06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
It starts now??? I thought the season started in April.......

If that's the case, what the hell have they been waiting for?

Either way, I doubt that this series will wake them up. They have enough problems winning two in a row, more less a series.

This rally call will go right over a cliff.....

TDog
06-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Yep! If we win 10 in a row (something they've done 11 times in their history, and not since 1976) we'll be back to .500 in a division where both 1st and 2nd place will most likely have 90 wins.

YEAHHHHHHH!

There is a likelihood that only two teams in the division will finish above .500, making it by some definitions a weak division. With the unbalanced schedule, there is a greater chance for the White Sox to catch up to Detroit and Cleveland, because going on a tear would require giving those teams losses. Some people are till upset that the Sox only won four of five from Kansas City, but they have the best winning percentage against the Royals of any AL Central team and have played the fewest games against them. I wouldn't say the White Sox are in an impossible situation, but they are one of the three AL Central teams that could finish below .500. Obviously, a successfull season would require a 1983l-like tear.

I don't think it will happen. This is one of those years that everything is going wrong. The Sox wouldn't be in any better shape in the East or the West. Their season looks desperate in any case.

JB98
06-22-2007, 03:30 PM
It's night and day. Everything that could go right with that 05 team did. With 07 every thing that can go wrong, goes even worse then you could have expected.

Right now, I feel as though we're being punished for something. The injuries and the late-inning losses are just demoralizing. It would be easier if this were like the Navarro days, where the Sox would fall behind 6-0 in the first inning. You'd just turn the game off and find out later they lost 11-2. Now, you go through six or seven innings with a lead, thinking they *might* win, and all you get for hoping is a kick in the groin.

Honestly, folks, it doesn't matter what happens this weekend. The Sox suck, and they will still suck on Monday. The Cubs also suck, and they also will still suck on Monday. Someone will win two out of three this weekend, and the media will say that team is "gaining momentum." The "momentum" will die quickly as soon as the crosstown circus is over and we return to regular action.

thomas35forever
06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
It will take a wondrous miracle of miracles for us to get back in this thing, even if we do win this series. We'll all have to pray real hard.

getonbckthr
06-22-2007, 03:40 PM
No it doesn't.
STOP BELIEVING YOUR ONLY HURTING YOURSELF.

Johnny Mostil
06-22-2007, 03:43 PM

YEAHHHHHHH!

1976? When the Sox won, what? 64 games? Methinks 10-game win streaks are overrated. But maybe 35 more wins wouldn't be . . .

Jjav829
06-22-2007, 06:55 PM
NOW starts tommorrow...

alohafri
06-22-2007, 07:00 PM
NOW starts tommorrow...

Now starts April 2008.

paciorek1983
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
It ends now...... Bye-Bye 2007. Hello 2008...I hope. Not 2011 or 2015 or 2030.:(::whiner:

Lip Man 1
06-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Well 'it's started now,' and ended just as quickly.

Lip

MRM
06-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Right now, I feel as though we're being punished for something. The injuries and the late-inning losses are just demoralizing. It would be easier if this were like the Navarro days, where the Sox would fall behind 6-0 in the first inning. You'd just turn the game off and find out later they lost 11-2. Now, you go through six or seven innings with a lead, thinking they *might* win, and all you get for hoping is a kick in the groin.

Honestly, folks, it doesn't matter what happens this weekend. The Sox suck, and they will still suck on Monday. The Cubs also suck, and they also will still suck on Monday. Someone will win two out of three this weekend, and the media will say that team is "gaining momentum." The "momentum" will die quickly as soon as the crosstown circus is over and we return to regular action.

The problem is they DON'T "suck". They have sure played like a sucky team, but on paper this is a helluva team.

I think most would concede that everything went right in '05, right? Why, then, is it not possible for everything to go wrong in '07?

I mean, in '05 we had mediocre relief pitchers who thought they were Rollie Fingers for a season. We had unusual HEALTH. We had fans who didn't complain about the players being out drinking every night because they were singing Karaoke versions of "Don't stop believing".

This year we have above mediocre relief pitchers who make you wonder how they ever made it outta rookie ball. We have unusual injuries. We have fans who complain about everything. If a player was seen out in a bar tonight he'd be ripped in the papers tomorrow no matter what he was singing...

JB98
06-22-2007, 11:31 PM
The problem is they DON'T "suck". They have sure played like a sucky team, but on paper this is a helluva team.

I think most would concede that everything went right in '05, right? Why, then, is it not possible for everything to go wrong in '07?

I mean, in '05 we had mediocre relief pitchers who thought they were Rollie Fingers for a season. We had unusual HEALTH. We had fans who didn't complain about the players being out drinking every night because they were singing Karaoke versions of "Don't stop believing".

This year we have above mediocre relief pitchers who make you wonder how they ever made it outta rookie ball. We have unusual injuries. We have fans who complain about everything. If a player was seen out in a bar tonight he'd be ripped in the papers tomorrow no matter what he was singing...

The one stat in baseball that never lies: The won-loss record.

We're 29-40. We suck.

kaufsox
06-22-2007, 11:46 PM

Oh Lord, not this thought again. When they start handing out WS trophies and playoff berths for paper teams, then I'll get excited. ARRGH:angry::angry: Seeing this just reminds me of all those years when Minnesota was winning but the Sox had "the better players." No, the better players win on the field, reputation is good for their contracts, but means little else. :mad:

MRM
06-23-2007, 01:46 AM
The one stat in baseball that never lies: The won-loss record.

We're 29-40. We suck.

I don't dispute the record. I dispute that this team "sucks", however.

Oh Lord, not this thought again. When they start handing out WS trophies and playoff berths for paper teams,

I never suggested they should. I'm simply pointing out that this is NOT a team as bad as their "record" has shown.

wassagstdu
06-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm simply pointing out that this is NOT a team as bad as their "record" has shown.
They are exactly as bad as their record has shown. The quotes around "record" suggest that somehow there is a higher level of reality than reality. For a play or a game or a week there may be a difference between "bad" and "playing badly." For a full season (since the break in 2006), not so much.

And the distinction between a "bad team" and "bad players" may be real but is meaningless. 2005 was a great team with not great players. 2007 is a bad team with maybe not bad players. "Only one stat matters: W"

kaufsox
06-23-2007, 09:59 AM
They are exactly as bad as their record has shown. The quotes around "record" suggest that somehow there is a higher level of reality than reality. For a play or a game or a week there may be a difference between "bad" and "playing badly." For a full season (since the break in 2006), not so much.

And the distinction between a "bad team" and "bad players" may be real but is meaningless. 2005 was a great team with not great players. 2007 is a bad team with maybe not bad players. "Only one stat matters: W"

my feelings exactly. The record is the only thing that counts. While its fun to get excited about a new season with all of the additions and subtractions of the winter period, once the games start, reputation means little. Also, what team with a better record, especially in our division is worse than the Sox? In the whole league? Nope, this is a bad team that got old faster than expected and whose young arms were overrated.

jabrch
06-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Within the next two weeks Buehrle will likely get traded and we won't hear this stuff the rest of the year...

I'm as optimistic as most fans -- but I don't see this team having a chance of catching up the games it would need to catch in order to make it to the playoffs.

CLR01
06-23-2007, 10:33 AM
but I don't see this team having a chance of catching up the games it would need to catch in order to make it to the playoffs.

But we would only need to win 71% of our games now.