PDA

View Full Version : Today's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-01-2002, 09:51 PM
Okay, Sox Fans! Take a deep breath and repeat after me, "Only 161 more games to go!"

"I'm proud to be the first PTC at White Sox Interactive for 2002." :walnuts

Had 'em all along! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!!!

Pete_SSAC
04-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Should have gone with my gut. Ah well.

- Pete

Jjav829
04-01-2002, 10:14 PM
How could you announced the PTC winner without giving ample time for that "package" of unmarked "items" to arrive? :D:

OfficerKarkovice
04-01-2002, 10:18 PM
Still think Burly deserved it...and not just cuz I picked him.

Daver
04-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
How could you announced the PTC winner without giving ample time for that "package" of unmarked "items" to arrive? :D:

The red dot of the laser is faster than the USPS.:redneck

CLR01
04-01-2002, 10:19 PM
What a terrible pick. Bullpen should have won it.

Jjav829
04-01-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
What a terrible pick. Bullpen should have won it.

The bullpen? Don't you mean Singleton should have won it?

FarWestChicago
04-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Still think Burly deserved it...and not just cuz I picked him. Congrats, Kark. First Official Pick to Click Complaint of 2002. Nobody can take that away from you. Keep 'em coming. The Umpire needs them. :D:

CLR01
04-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

The bullpen? Don't you mean Singleton should have won it?

No, if it was singleton I would still have to do work.

cheeses_h_rice
04-01-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Congrats, Kark. First Official Pick to Click Complaint of 2002. Nobody can take that away from you. Keep 'em coming. The Umpire needs them. :D:

I have no vested interest in the matter, but I think Burly-mon prolly deserved it, too. Yeah, I know Paul smacked the ball around today, but he also made the error that extended the inning and almost gave the game to Seattle.

That said, I find it amusing that there is already griping about it. I'm just happy we won.

danman31
04-01-2002, 10:29 PM
LOL, I want to be the WSI PTC umpire. So much power...and so much responsibility. I really would enjoy it though, people begging me to sway my pick, haha. Is this what it's like PHG?

Jjav829
04-01-2002, 10:30 PM
:walnuts

Error? HA! I did that on purpose just to keep the game interesting so the Sox fans didn't turn away, and so the Mariners fans actually felt they had a chance to win.

FarWestChicago
04-01-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

That said, I find it amusing that there is already griping about it. I'm just happy we won. LOL! You gotta love it. We all have big shoes to fill since Shoeless doesn't like graphics. :)

PaleHoseGeorge
04-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by danman31
LOL, I want to be the WSI PTC umpire. So much power...and so much responsibility. I really would enjoy it though, people begging me to sway my pick, haha. Is this what it's like PHG?

2000 was the worst year. Shoeless Joe raked me over the coals almost daily. It was brutal!

:cool:

danman31
04-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
2000 was the worst year. Shoeless Joe raked me over the coals almost daily. It was brutal!

:cool: LOL, sounds bad. At least you can smile about it!

Soxfan7070
04-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Wow I'm 1 for 1 in the PTC contest...
I hope that I can keep this up...

HawkDJ
04-01-2002, 11:24 PM
I thought it should've been Mark Buehrle without a doubt. He pitched great. Pauly had a key hit but also a key error that if he had not made, most likely it wouldn't have ended so close. Oh well, what should I care? I picked Ray Durham, lol.

Chisox_cali
04-01-2002, 11:39 PM
CLR are you going to throw away your PTC everyday or are you going to actually pick a player who is on the Sox? :smile:

doublem23
04-01-2002, 11:41 PM
:walnuts
You don't hit .507 in Spring fer nuttin'!

bjmarte
04-01-2002, 11:56 PM
I think Buhrle should have won it too but mostly only because I picked him. Walnuts did a great job too... I guess.

:whiner:

Chisox_cali
04-02-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte
I think Buhrle should have won it too but mostly only because I picked him. Walnuts did a great job too... I guess.

:whiner:

I just thought of something if you subtract the bj from your name you get the last name of our lefty releiver Damaso Marte, Any Relation? :smile:

Just another pointless observation by Chisox_cali

bjmarte
04-02-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I just thought of something if you subtract the bj from your name you get the last name of our lefty releiver Damaso Marte, Any Relation? :smile:

Just another pointless observation by Chisox_cali

No but the next time I go to see a game I'll see if that line and my natural good looks can get me one of them Comiskey upgrades :smile:

Daver
04-02-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte

No but the next time I go to see a game I'll see if that line and my natural good looks can get me one of them Comiskey upgrades :smile:

Like a Southside upgrade is that hard to make.

bjmarte
04-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by daver

Like a Southside upgrade is that hard to make.

Well then I'll just use the line for the upgrade and save the good looks for BoozeSlut (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=536) or one of her friends :o: :D:

CLR01
04-02-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
CLR are you going to throw away your PTC everyday or are you going to actually pick a player who is on the Sox? :smile:

Hey the rules dont say i cant pick him, just that i cant win, And besides, the roster page at WSI says he is still on the team. I'll change as soon as i decide on someone. Its a toss up between Graff, Liefer, MJ, and Marte.

kermittheefrog
04-02-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Hey the rules dont say i cant pick him, just that i cant win, And besides, the roster page at WSI says he is still on the team. I'll change as soon as i decide on someone. Its a toss up between Graff, Liefer, MJ, and Marte.

Personally I'd think it's more than possible for Singleton's absence to win a game for us. Why can't he land you a winner in the PTC contest?

Chisox_cali
04-02-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Personally I'd think it's more than possible for Singleton's absence to win a game for us. Why can't he land you a winner in the PTC contest?

Well maybe if he makes an error and we score a bunch of runs because of it, then yeah.