PDA

View Full Version : The Other Side of Town Catches Griffeyitis

spiffie
06-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Apparently it is now part of the rules of baseball that one of the Chicago teams has to be involved in Ken Griffey rumors every season. On the news on WGN this morning they talked about how Griffey supposedly said he would approve a trade to the Cubs and how the Reds might have interest in making a deal. I put no more stock in that than in any other Griffey rumor, but considering that he's been supposedly coming here the last few years, it is something of a sign of how low our fortunes have fallen, when we're finally no longer the team supposedly going to be trading for him.

CHIsoxNation
06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
I heard about this too. I guess Griffey isn't too happy with his move to RF and people are saying they'd move Pie over to RF to make room for Griffey. Don't they already have about 15 OFs on that team?

SBSoxFan
06-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I heard about this too. I guess Griffey isn't too happy with his move to RF and people are saying they'd move Pie over to RF to make room for Griffey. Don't they already have about 15 OFs on that team?

They're cycling through all the positions. Last year it was second baseman, this year outfielders. I wonder what it will be next year.

Jaffar
06-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Cincy is going to want young pitching......do you send young pitching to a team in your division for an aging superstar who spends more time on the DL then off? I guess maybe you do if you're the Cubs.

mrfourni
06-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Apparently it is now part of the rules of baseball that one of the Chicago teams has to be involved in Ken Griffey rumors every season. On the news on WGN this morning they talked about how Griffey supposedly said he would approve a trade to the Cubs and how the Reds might have interest in making a deal. I put no more stock in that than in any other Griffey rumor, but considering that he's been supposedly coming here the last few years, it is something of a sign of how low our fortunes have fallen, when we're finally no longer the team supposedly going to be trading for him.

A Cub fan was talking to me about this yesterday and I had to ask "what direction exactly are the Cubs trying to go?" Hendry's philosophy seems to be throw **** against a wall and see what sticks. Do they really think that as of right now Griffey is going to cure their bullpen issues, their catcher issues and everything else wrong with that pathetic team?

At least over here, Sox fans are being realistic about the Sox' chances. We realize that in a couple weeks it will be time to blow it all up and start over.

Madvora
06-22-2007, 11:06 AM
I heard them talking on the radio about this last night. They were saying how Griffey going to Cincinatti never worked out and he really wants to get a World Series ring. This was their explaination of why he'd want to leave the Reds for the Cubs.

lumpyspun
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Ha, you think Chicago has Griffeyitis.

You should see what it's like here in Seattle. Griffey is about to return tonight and play in Seattle for the first time since he left. Not to mention, the Mariners' DH has not been producing lately and people want a new DH. Combine those two things and you really have Griffeyitis. :smile:

spiffie
06-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Ha, you think Chicago has Griffeyitis.

You should see what it's like here in Seattle. Griffey is about to return tonight and play in Seattle for the first time since he left. Not to mention, the Mariners' DH has not been producing lately and people want a new DH. Combine those two things and you really have Griffeyitis. :smile:
See, it sounds like your city has a severe but fleeting case, whereas Chicago's case is lingering, and has been rashy for 3 years now at least.

soxfan13
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM

Yeah they were just recycling the story from ESPN last nite!!! YAWN!!!!!!:gulp:

bryPt
06-22-2007, 01:17 PM
would you trade griffey to a team in your division????