PDA

View Full Version : Friday Roll Call

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
So, who's gonna take in the Sox/Cubs game tomorrow?

itsnotrequired
06-21-2007, 02:50 PM
c u at the cell

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
c u at the cell

I'm shocked that you're going to the game! You don't go to enough Sox games as it is! :cool:

I'll be there in my usual season ticket seat, probably wearing my World Series hat, Sox earrings, and red Martin Havlat sweater, since I'll be leaving to go straight to the United Center for the NHL Draft party.

Mr.1Dog
06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
:yoohoo::anon: I'll be there...Sec 530

spiffie
06-21-2007, 03:08 PM
I'll be there hoping the rain avoids us.

dllrbll7
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll be there with 79 of my closest friends. Looking forward to the tailgate more than the actual game at this point...

pdimas
06-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I'll be there as well. Its my dads bday so we are having a lot bigger tailgate than usual. As usual you guys are more than welcome to stop by. We should be set up by 130pm.

Frankfan4life
06-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Judging by the lack of response to this thread (only 7 posts), it appears that the enthusiasm level at the game today is going to be embarassingly low!!!

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE SOX FANS -- WAKE UP!!!! If you're going to take the time to go to the game today then show some team spirit, make some noise, for crying out loud!!!!!!

I have to work today but I'm going to the game on Sunday and you better believe that I'll be cheering for my team. Even if the Sox are losing today, I hope to hear that the Sox fans are into the game and are behind their team. This is our team and our ballpark - don't just go to the ballpark and sit on your hands.... SHOW SOME SOX PRIDE!!!!

LET'S GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

salty99
06-22-2007, 11:22 AM
That's because everyone sold their tickets on e-bay, stubhub, etc to Cubs fans.

Jerko
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Judging by the lack of response to this thread (only 7 posts), it appears that the enthusiasm level at the game today is going to be embarassingly low!!!

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE SOX FANS -- WAKE UP!!!! If you're going to take the time to go to the game today then show some team spirit, make some noise, for crying out loud!!!!!!

I have to work today but I'm going to the game on Sunday and you better believe that I'll be cheering for my team. Even if the Sox are losing today, I hope to hear that the Sox fans are into the game and are behind their team. This is our team and our ballpark - don't just go to the ballpark and sit on your hands.... SHOW SOME SOX PRIDE!!!!

LET'S GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Damn I feel like I just got grounded.......

Actually I won't be at any of these games.

jenn2080
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I'll be there with 79 of my closest friends. Looking forward to the tailgate more than the actual game at this point...

That has been the case for a while I think.

Jerko
06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Battle of the Titans this weekend. I was there Tue and Wed. Tuesday I brought my niece and she had a blast, Wednesday I was in the scout seats. So, even though the team sucks, there is still fun to be had. Yes I'd rather see wins, but what else can you do?

thepaulbowski
06-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Damn I feel like I just got grounded.......

Actually I won't be at any of these games.

I won't be attending either. I had a chance to go to today's game for free, but turned it down (I have other things I need to get done at work) & could have bought a friends season tix for the Sat/Sun game and turned those down as well. Just not in the mood for the whole "rivalry" thing.

jenn2080
06-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Battle of the Titans this weekend. I was there Tue and Wed. Tuesday I brought my niece and she had a blast, Wednesday I was in the scout seats. So, even though the team sucks, there is still fun to be had. Yes I'd rather see wins, but what else can you do?

Your seats were ok. Nothing to brag about. :D:

JB98
06-22-2007, 12:16 PM

That's bull****! I'd sold mine to Sox fans. :rolleyes:

spiffie
06-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Some of us sold most of our tickets and then kept a few so we could go and cheer against the Cubs fans we made money off of :wink:

JB98
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I won't be attending either. I had a chance to go to today's game for free, but turned it down (I have other things I need to get done at work) & could have bought a friends season tix for the Sat/Sun game and turned those down as well. Just not in the mood for the whole "rivalry" thing.

I'm not in the mood for this either. I'm cranky and annoyed whenever I watch the Sox these days. The last thing I want to do is go to the ballpark and listen to Cubs fans tell us how terrible we are. I have a lot of frustration, and I'd be liable to throw a punch. The "rivalry" isn't worth getting in trouble over.

Sad
06-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not in the mood for this either. I'm cranky and annoyed whenever I watch the Sox these days. The last thing I want to do is go to the ballpark and listen to Cubs fans tell us how terrible we are. I have a lot of frustration, and I'd be liable to throw a punch. The "rivalry" isn't worth getting in trouble over.

same here... I let my wife & her sister-in-law have the 2 tix for Sat....
I'm looking forward to interleague play ending.

Frankfan4life
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I won't be attending either. I had a chance to go to today's game for free, but turned it down (I have other things I need to get done at work) & could have bought a friends season tix for the Sat/Sun game and turned those down as well. Just not in the mood for the whole "rivalry" thing.It's a good thing you're not going. We need fans there with some team spirit. When I was watching the Sox play the Phillies and Pirates I could hear their fans cheering every strike and out the Sox got and cheering every ball and hit their team got even when I was out of the room!!! Without watching the game I knew when something good happened to their team and when something bad happened. Win or lose we should stand behind our team.

By the way, I got my tickets from a broker. I think they bought up a lot of tickets in advance. I have a feeling there will be a LOT of cubsfans at the Cell this weekend.

Scottiehaswheels
06-22-2007, 01:19 PM
It's a good thing you're not going. We need fans there with some team spirit. When I was watching the Sox play the Phillies and Pirates I could hear their fans cheering every strike and out the Sox got and cheering every ball and hit their team got even when I was out of the room!!! Without watching the game I knew when something good happened to their team and when something bad happened. Win or lose we should stand behind our team.

By the way, I got my tickets from a broker. I think they bought up a lot of tickets in advance. I have a feeling there will be a LOT of cubsfans at the Cell this weekend.There is a difference between having spirit and knowing your team sucks and don't want to deal with the bull**** that this crosstown series provides... I was one of those in Philly cheering for the Sox but I couldn't give 2 ****s about playing the Cubs.... Its a complete annoyance to me that we have to even play those turds...

thepaulbowski
06-22-2007, 02:10 PM
There is a difference between having spirit and knowing your team sucks and don't want to deal with the bull**** that this crosstown series provides... I was one of those in Philly cheering for the Sox but I couldn't give 2 ****s about playing the Cubs.... Its a complete annoyance to me that we have to even play those turds...

I've been at three games in the last couple weeks. But, I just hate these game against the Cubs. It's like the circus has come to town and I hate clowns! :cool:

Brian26
06-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I've been at three games in the last couple weeks. But, I just hate these game against the Cubs. It's like the circus has come to town and I hate clowns! :cool:

It's brutal. I have a knot in my stomach for the entire game not because of what's happening on the field, but because of the crap that's going on in the stands.

JB98
06-22-2007, 08:02 PM
It's brutal. I have a knot in my stomach for the entire game not because of what's happening on the field, but because of the crap that's going on in the stands.

I have a feeling it's going to be that way all weekend. That's part of the reason I sold my tickets for this weekend. Cub fans have had to watch us celebrate a World Series and enjoy our success the last couple years. Now, we stink, and they want to get back at us. And in our park, I don't think our fans are going to take kindly to that.

I predict brawls in the stands for all three games. Sadly, the situation is very polarized.

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I left after the 7th inning today to get to the Blackhawks' NHL Draft Party. I think it was a good idea.

How depressing!