PDA

View Full Version : Will this series be a turn around point in the season ?

ThomesHomie
06-21-2007, 02:28 AM
What do you think ? I know a lot of excitement comes into these games, I feel like we could go on a tear, get hot, and win the next 12 games in a row. We got tampa coming up the royals, think postive :smile:, I still think we are in a slump and can turn it around at anytime.

So let it be said, when we win the next 12 games in a row, I called it

Nellie_Fox
06-21-2007, 02:30 AM
What do you think ? I know a lot of excitement comes into these games, I feel like we could go on a tear, get hot, and win the next 12 games in a row. We got tampa coming up the royals, think postive :smile:, I still think we are in a slump and can turn it around at anytime.

So let it be said, when we win the next 12 games in a row, I called itGotta love the enthusiasm. You are truly the kid who, finding a room full of horse ****, starts digging frantically because there has to be a pony in there somewhere.

Jaffar
06-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I keep thinking this team is going to get a big comeback win and then run off a nice little streak but I just don't see it happening anymore.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Until The Heart of the team (Scott Podsednik) is back, healthy, getting on-base, and playing very well, this team will get nowhere. As Gene Hackman said in The Replacements, "you gotta have heart!". As of right now, we don't...

Sad
06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
What do you think ?

No.

MeteorsSox4367
06-21-2007, 09:59 AM
At this point, just don't get swept. The combination of the way things are going for the Sox plus working with mouthy Cub fans might be too much to take.

Win one, two or three. Just don't lose 'em all. Please.

starboy0
06-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Ashamed to admit it, but I don't even feel "up" for this series. We could easily get swept.

BUT if we can manage a sweep, you never know what could happen then. When was the last time we saw two wins in a row? When was the last time the team was jumping up and down after an exciting win?

Chisox353014
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Gotta love the enthusiasm. You are truly the kid who, finding a room full of horse ****, starts digging frantically because there has to be a pony in there somewhere.

The Sox have piled up enough horse**** this year to hide this thing in it:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/trojan_wooden_horse.jpg

downstairs
06-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Ashamed to admit it, but I don't even feel "up" for this series. We could easily get swept.

Ashamed to admit it, but I didn't even remember until yesterday that the Cubs series was even this weekend.

voodoochile
06-21-2007, 10:08 AM
The Sox have piled up enough horse**** this year to hide this thing in it:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/trojan_wooden_horse.jpg

If that's the pony Nellie was referring to, watch out, because I think it's filled with wild beasts from the Asian jungles, crazed aborigines from the Americas and millions of tiny little fish with very sharp teeth from South America...

downstairs
06-21-2007, 10:13 AM
By the way, lets quit using the term "turn around point". That's not how its going to work. We're a bad team. Poorly put together and managed too. (Sans starting pitching).

"Turn around point" means you're chalking all this crap up to bad luck or a funk. Its worse than that. They've been in this "funk" for longer than a full season. That's not a funk.

Until I hear of structural changes- new manager, GM.... major trades, major call-ups... whatever... nothing is going to change. I don't have any specific suggestions (and I'm not saying those are it), and I'm not going to play couch owner... but something like that needs to be done to change the makeup of this team before it does anything differently.

harwar
06-21-2007, 10:15 AM
I think that its getting to the point where the only people who are really looking forward to this series are the members of the media.

miker
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Ditto previous post. There's no turning around. The R.M.S. 2007 White Sox has already hit the iceberg and Nancy is playing "Nearer, My God, To Thee" as this team slowly slips below the .500 mark and any chance at the playoffs...:(:

But it would be real nice to kick some Cub butt for a change!

Jerome
06-21-2007, 10:32 AM

i disagree. time to trade the FAs. If KW just stands pat at the deadline, I will be very disappointed. BLOW IT UP!!!!! I'd rather watch young guys like Danks, Masset, BA, Fields get a chance to suck it up than the current veteran team continuing to suck it up.

ChiWavDave
06-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Ashamed to admit it, but I haven't watched a whole game on TV or in person since mid May. I find myself thinking about football more and more. I'm looking for either/or. Either we reel off 12 in a row like the OP suggested or we get swept'd so the fire sale could begin. The worst that could happen is go on a little run of 2 out of 3's for a couple of series against bad teams, build a little false hope/momentum and have Konerko and Ozzie talk Kenny into staying the course or worse adding to this craptacular team.

chisoxmike
06-21-2007, 11:22 AM
No.

They can't play any worse. At some point they probably will start playing better, but it wont matter.

chisoxmike
06-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Here's a new ad for the Sox...

"The first half of 2007 was to lure the opposition into a false sense of security."

:rolleyes:

rdwj
06-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Turn around point? No!

The Sox suck. We're playing a Cubs team that sucks too. It's just a weekend of two bad teams playing each other with a bunch of media hype.

Can't wait for KW to start building for the future. At least that will give me something to look forward to in years to come.

jabrch
06-21-2007, 11:36 AM
I feel like we could go on a tear, get hot, and win the next 12 games in a row. We got tampa coming up the royals, think postive :smile:, I still think we are in a slump and can turn it around at anytime.

I was hoping that Pittsburgh and Florida would be what we needed to start to get hot.

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2007, 11:39 AM

I love your enthusiasm; but, this team hasn't even won back-to-back games in a month!!! It's hard to win 12 games in a row when you can't even win 2 in a row! In addition, that won't even be enough to put this team back in the playoff picture with how Minnesota, Cleveland, and Detroit are doing.

To be honest with you, I'm more excited over attending the Blackhawks' NHL Draft Party on Friday than the Sox/Cubs game!

voodoochile
06-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I was hoping that Pittsburgh and Florida would be what we needed to start to get hot.

Yeah, somehow I don't think we're going 22-7 in June (or whatever) which is what many people felt we needed after our mediocre start. This is easily the easiest month of the year. If the Sox can't get fat this month, why would we expect them to turn it magically on when they start playing some of the cream of the ALC the second half?

I'm not giving up, but I'm definitely wavering. Things don't look good and I haven't seen a lot that makes me feel there's a switch to be thrown to turn this team into a pennant contender. Would like to see what would have happened without all the injuries, but that's something for a what if machine, not for the cold reality that is currently staring Sox fans in the face...

delben91
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
but that's something for a what if machine

Where might I be able to purchase a "what if machine?"

SBSoxFan
06-21-2007, 11:42 AM
If that's the pony Nellie was referring to, watch out, because I think it's filled with wild beasts from the Asian jungles, crazed aborigines from the Americas and millions of tiny little fish with very sharp teeth from Minnesota ...

Fixed it for you. :whiner:

Iguana775
06-21-2007, 11:45 AM
If that's the pony Nellie was referring to, watch out, because I think it's filled with wild beasts from the Asian jungles, crazed aborigines from the Americas and millions of tiny little fish with very sharp teeth from South America...

Or, it could be filled with candy! :bandance:

CLR01
06-21-2007, 11:49 AM
12 game winning streak, eh? That would put us a whole 2 games over .500. Hey that doesn't seem as bad when it's all typed out!

We need .670-.700 baseball from here out with the teams in front of us playing .500. Podsednik will get us that.

ThomesHomie
06-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Maybe not 12 games, but I predict we will win this series. I know we suck right now but look at our team, look at what we have done... its possible. Its not like we are the nats..... don't say it.

06-21-2007, 12:23 PM
It will be nice to see a OF of Pods, Erstad and Dye again (if Pods comes back this weekend)...I've seen about 30 different OF combinations so far this year...

ThomesHomie
06-21-2007, 12:24 PM
It will be nice to see a OF of Pods, Erstad and Dye again (if Pods comes back this weekend)...I've seen about 30 different OF combinations so far this year...

I don't think he is coming back from what I read, Erstad is but I did not think Pods was coming back, well I should say Friday I did not think he was coming back.

CLR01
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
I know we suck right now but look at our team, look at what we have done... its possible.

What am I looking at? I see a team who is 10 games under .500, 11.5 back of first, 11.5 out of the wildcard, and a team that has won just 6 times in their last 25 games with a pretty easy schedule. Am I missing something?

Chicago
06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/xBOOSTx/Waterboy_2.jpg
WE CAN DO IT

ThomesHomie
06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
What am I looking at? I see a team who is 10 games under .500, 11.5 back of first, 11.5 out of the wildcard, and a team that has won just 6 times in their last 25 games with a pretty easy schedule. Am I missing something?

Um I'm talking about last year, or the year before, its not that different of a team. I just love how everyone is bashing them, jumping on that wagon. Fire Ozzy, trade him, fire him.... true fans stick it out and don't blame one person for the teams struggle.

Once the team turns it around, which they will, all these people will come back and jump back on that wagon.

We have a lot of games left...

chisoxmike
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Um I'm talking about last year, or the year before, its not that different of a team.

They weren't good last year either...

ThomesHomie
06-21-2007, 12:34 PM
They weren't good last year either...

Just cause we miss the playoffs makes the team not good... ? Like I said, once we pull the 180, everyone will come back and say how good this team looks. Hopefully it does not take to long before the white flag goes up.

RockJock07
06-21-2007, 12:35 PM
By the way, lets quit using the term "turn around point". That's not how its going to work. We're a bad team. Poorly put together and managed too. (Sans starting pitching).

"Turn around point" means you're chalking all this crap up to bad luck or a funk. Its worse than that. They've been in this "funk" for longer than a full season. That's not a funk.

Until I hear of structural changes- new manager, GM.... major trades, major call-ups... whatever... nothing is going to change. I don't have any specific suggestions (and I'm not saying those are it), and I'm not going to play couch owner... but something like that needs to be done to change the makeup of this team before it does anything differently.

I'm not sure bringing in a new manager or GM would help, nor do I want to get rid of Kenny. Kenny put all his eggs in one basket and it didn't pan out. I thought Sisco might be bad but not Aarsdma and everyone else too. Kenny was counting on a offense that has been amazing for 2+ years. Konerko over the past 3 seasons has averaged a .291 BA 38 HR and 110 RBI. He didn't expect JD to go into the tank along with Thome and everyone else. Everyone dogs Erstad but up until he got hurt he was your most consistant player.

As far as this weekends series. Even if the Sox lose 2/3 or get swept I still think Kenny waits until the deadline. The Dodgers just lost Schmidt today for the year. He's going to wait for max value. I think everyone knows this series is just that, another series, whatever happens at the Cell will be used on the Score and other talk radio shows but the players and front office don't really care. You can tell, Kenny and Ozzie just hate this series, Ozzie especially when the Sox go to the northside.

ThomesHomie
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Some type of fire under our... would help

CLR01
Um I'm talking about last year, or the year before, its not that different of a team. I just love how everyone is bashing them, jumping on that wagon. Fire Ozzy, trade him, fire him.... true fans stick it out and don't blame one person for the teams struggle.

Once the team turns it around, which they will, all these people will come back and jump back on that wagon.

Yes it is, 2005 has as much to do with 2007 as 1943 does. True fans stick it out? They ignore the obvious bullpen flaws, and lack of offense and say we are going to play .700 baseball the rest of the way, win 95 games and go on to postseason riches? Please, traditionally around here fans who ignored the reality of their teams situation have been called Cub fans, sheep, etc... But we won a world series in 2005 so the means good things in '07.... :rolleyes:

rdwj
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/xBOOSTx/Waterboy_2.jpg
WE CAN DO IT

"Oh No! We suck again!!!

chisoxmike
06-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Just cause we miss the playoffs makes the team not good...

The same team that is playing now, is the same team that sucked it up in the second half of last season; mediocre starting pitching, horrible bullpen, and awful situational hitting.

russ99
06-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Could be, since that last Cubs game last season to me was the point where things really went bad.

sox1970
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
The same team that is playing now, is the same team that sucked it up in the second half of last season; mediocre starting pitching, horrible bullpen, and awful situational hitting.

Yep. 63-82 over 145 games. We suck.

Chicago
06-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I just love how everyone is bashing them, jumping on that wagon. Fire Ozzy, trade him, fire him.... true fans stick it out and don't blame one person for the teams struggle.

I've been reading alot of that too... :mad:
I'll be riding it out till the end no matter the outcome just like all the years before '05.

chisoxmike
06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I'll be riding it out till the end no matter the outcome just like all the years before '05.

As will everybody. But bashing the team doesn't mean we're "bad fans."

I'd rather not trick myself and give false hope that they will turn it around. At some point, you just know when your watching a ****ty team.

Chicago
06-21-2007, 12:47 PM
its seems that alot are deciding not to watch. When fans only watch when a team is doing good then they become fair weather fans. I'm upset at the way everything has been going this season as well... but I will not blame ozzie for it.

itsnotrequired
06-21-2007, 12:48 PM

The ERA of the starting staff is currently 4.12, 5th best in the AL. But I wonder how much that ERA is inflated by the goofball bullpen allowing inherited runners to score? The reliever ERA is 5.87, dead last in the AL but I wonder what those ERAs would like like if the inherited runners were at least partially charged to the relievers? My point is that the starter's ERA of 4.12 doesn't really show how good they are doing. The starting staff on the whole has been pretty decent this year.

CLR01
06-21-2007, 12:52 PM
its seems that alot are deciding not to watch. When fans only watch when a team is doing good then they become fair weather fans. I'm upset at the way everything has been going this season as well... but I will not blame ozzie for it.

There are a few saying they are not watching but most, myself included, are still watching. We have just accepted this year for what it is. We're not throwing on the blinders and shouting we can do it.

itsnotrequired
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM
There are a few saying they are not watching but most, myself included, are still watching. We have just accepted this year for what it is. We're not throwing on the blinders and shouting we can do it.

If this season doesn't work out, let's all agree to disband and root for other teams. I call the Orioles.

Lip Man 1
06-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Thomes:

No the Sox aren't the Nationals...but they are almost the Royals.

Lip

CLR01
06-21-2007, 12:55 PM
If this season doesn't work out, let's all agree to disband and root for other teams. I call the Orioles.

I see your Orioles and raise you a Devil Rays. Will we still write? :(:

chisoxmike
06-21-2007, 12:56 PM
I get the Pirates, I like their park. :gulp:

itsnotrequired
06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I see your Orioles and raise you a Devil Rays. Will we still write? :(

Only when the teams play each other. We will throw personal javelins across the internet at that time while Horsemaster Fred runs WSI. Sure, WE may survive but what does the future really hold? I'm not hedging my bets on this one. Fall in for the all in, you crazy diamond.

CLR01
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Only when the teams play each other. We will throw personal javelins across the internet at that time while Horsemaster Fred runs WSI. Sure, WE may survive but what does the future really hold? I'm not hedging my bets on this one. Fall in for the all in, you crazy diamond.

I call dibs on Erstad. http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/shrug.gif

JB98
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
One of the great myths in Chicago sports is the idea that the winner of the crosstown series "gains momentum." About the only bigger myth out there is the notion of "Bear weather."

A month ago, the Cubs took two out of three from our Sox. The media pretty much declared the Cubs were on their way after that. Bull****. They have continued to suck. They are six games under .500 entering today's play. They beat us. So what? Everyone beats us. The Cubs still blow.

Likewise, someone will take two out of three this weekend at the Cell. Whichever team accomplishes that will still blow and will not be "gaining momentum" or heading to the playoffs or any of that other happy ****. Both teams are horse****.

In our last two playoff years (2000, 2005), we split the crosstown series. I don't recall a year where beating the Cubs spurred the Sox on to bigger and better things.

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Um I'm talking about last year, or the year before, its not that different of a team.

It is a WAY different team. LESS THAN HALF the 2005 roster is still here! That's quite a turnover in just a couple seasons.

JB98
06-21-2007, 01:33 PM
It is a WAY different team. LESS THAN HALF the 2005 roster is still here! That's quite a turnover in just a couple seasons.

On the current 25-man roster, nine are left over from the World Series team. Buerhle, Garland, Contreras, Jenks, Konerko, Pierzynski, Dye, Uribe, Iguchi.

We have 12 total holdovers, but three are on the DL (Pods, Crede, Ozuna).

RCWHITESOX
06-21-2007, 02:00 PM

The only thing the Sox are going to catch is a wave out of town headed for last place. I can't see anything they are performing up to a contender status. Their bullpen is horrible the fundamentals are non existent . Sad to say but they just look like their going to lose . As Charles Barkley once said about the 76ers bad team bad -----------team. After the Cub series you will see KW unloading potential free agents.

Hitmen77
06-21-2007, 02:54 PM
No.

They can't play any worse. At some point they probably will start playing better, but it wont matter.

I agree it won't matter.

However, I wonder if at least making a good showing in the 2nd half would be important to this team in terms of preventing a big drop in season ticket holders as much as possible.

I know, I know... before you guys all jump all over this, I totally agree that they're going to miss the playoffs, that's what matters, and it's small consolation to win 82 games instead of 75.

But I think if they really keep playing this poorly for the rest of the season - they're really going to take a hit on ticket sales and that'll further limit their flexibility to retool for next year. A nice rebound in the 2nd half may soften that hit somewhat.

Hitmen77
06-21-2007, 02:57 PM
....also since the season is lost, I at least hope that Josh Fields and John Danks can use this time to learn, improve, and be ready for 2008. Same goes for players like Ryan Sweeney if he's ready at some point to return to this team.

Scottiehaswheels
06-21-2007, 03:07 PM
If this season doesn't work out, let's all agree to disband and root for other teams. I call the Orioles.I call D'Backs

BeviBall!
06-21-2007, 03:20 PM
No.

+1

nedlug
06-21-2007, 03:25 PM

No purple-clad regal team? For shame.

WhiteSox5187
06-21-2007, 10:00 PM
No. This team is not going to turn it around. If we were it was going to start in the Houston series, but we got our ass handed to us by the NL Central. This team just sucks. Simple as that.

HotelWhiteSox
06-22-2007, 11:53 AM

I'm happy I saw this thread, I was about to start it.

Except for the pen, we have the talent there, it's just a case of some guys waking up. I regained hope when I saw the Yankees rip off 9 straight with their pen not being that great, but some of their guys on offense turning it around. And my hope is for some stupid reason that the fake "excitement" of this series wakes our guys up. I'm not expecting it to happen, but if it would, this would be the point, and if we blow this series, I'm officially in white flag mode

sox1970
06-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I've never cared less about a series with the Cubs.

areilly
06-22-2007, 12:39 PM

It's actually a very different team. The bullpen, for example, went from stellar in 2005 to shaky in 2006 to worthless in 2007. As did the situational hitting. As did the runs scored vs. runs allowed.

Why would you ever think they'll turn it around? And exactly what are they turning around to? This kind of poor play has been going on for quite some time, but maybe we can return to the glory days of the second week of April?

:dunno:

kittle42
06-22-2007, 12:42 PM

:rolleyes:

No one's blaming one person. We're blaming them all. Hence, get rid of most of them.

areilly
06-22-2007, 12:42 PM

I call Mariners.

Frontman
06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I have a feeling that we'll see better ball out of the Sox, starting today. While there is very dim chance that we can make a playoff run, its still a chance.

As far as I'm concerned, now the Sox play for pride, and if they can get a few wins here, get on a run there, who knows.

I'm more excited about this game than I was the first go around against the Cubs. If at the very least, we can pass whatever bad mojo back to the Flubbies, more power to 'em.

Go GO WHITE SOX!!!

Gammons Peter
06-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Don't know if its been posted already but it was the cub series on the north side that threw the team into this funk, maybe this series gets us back on track.

CLR01
06-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Don't know if its been posted already but it was the cub series on the north side that threw the team into this funk, maybe this series gets us back on track.

The team won 3 of their next 4 scoring 8/10/5 runs in the wins but ok.

Gammons Peter
06-22-2007, 01:54 PM
The team won 3 of their next 4 scoring 8/10/5 runs in the wins but ok.

It was the way we lost the cub games, up until that point the bullpen was solid.

Scottiehaswheels
06-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Where's that thread about it being better to lose the Cubs/Sox series because the loser goes on an absolute tear when you need it?

CLR01
06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
It was the way we lost the cub games, up until that point the bullpen was solid.

And in those very same 4 games after the Cubs series the bullpen gave up just 3 runs in 10.1 innings, 2 of which came in the first game (or really the first 1.1 innings of bullpen work(well actually and more specifically the 2nd .2 innings of bullpen work)). So they had 9.2 innings of solid bullpen work after that. I see what you mean though.

TheVulture
06-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Gotta love the enthusiasm. You are truly the kid who, finding a room full of horse ****, starts digging frantically because there has to be a pony in there somewhere.
My god, that made me laugh my ass off.

TheVulture
06-22-2007, 02:56 PM

I agree with the first comment and have given up on this season, but I don't think this team is really that far away. Good starting rotation, good closer, we still have a few good players and prospects. Bolster the bullpen, bring in a couple (ok- a few) fresh hitters (a good SS and CFer would be nice), give the young'uns a chance this year, and the Sox are back in contention in '08.

And don't forget the payroll flexibility KW has set up for the sox - he's got a plan and I'm not giving up on him until I see how it unfolds.

ThomesHomie
06-23-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm pretty mad, big Z did pitch a good game today but if we don't win the next two.... well my thinking will change.

I will say though , I'm not the only one that thought this series would mean a lot.

Nellie_Fox
06-23-2007, 02:08 AM
I will say though , I'm not the only one that thought this series would mean a lot.Probably not, but you were certainly one of few.

MRM
06-23-2007, 02:18 AM
I will say though , I'm not the only one that thought this series would mean a lot.

Who else thought this series meant a thing, let alone "a lot"?

ThomesHomie
06-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Probably not, but you were certainly one of few.

Lets see, I heard the radio broadcasters say it, along with the guys on the tv broadcast. I have also heard a few callers saying this is a big series in the season.

I guess thats not enough to be labeled as a few.

Who else thought this series meant a thing, let alone "a lot"?

At least one other member because someone else made the same thread.

MRM
06-23-2007, 02:44 AM
At least one other member because someone else made the same thread.

Where?

ThomesHomie
06-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Same general statement in his post.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89382

MRM
06-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Lets see, I heard the radio broadcasters say it, a long with the guys on the tv broadcast. I have also heard a few callers saying this is a big series in the season.

I guess thats not enough to be labeled as a few.

Yeah, those radio and TV guys definately have NO ulterior motives...

Callers? You mean to a radio talk show? ROFLMAO. You are WAYYY out of your element here if you think radio talk shows have any meaning at all. I'm confident in saying that the majority in here would agree with me that the people who actually call in to Sox radio shows are losers w/out a clue.

MRM
06-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Same general statement in his post.

So you are looking for validation of your statement? Not gonna find it, bud. There aren't many that are more optomistic than I am.

ThomesHomie
06-23-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm not looking for anything and have no clue why that is being questioned.

As for this series meaning something, yeah if we would of came out, swept the cups and put up some good numbers, it would of changed the outlook for me at least.

MRM
06-23-2007, 02:58 AM
I'm not looking for anything and have no clue why that is being questioned.

As for this series meaning something, yeah if we would of came out, swept the cups and put up some good numbers, it would of changed the outlook for me at least.

What would it have changed? Oh, and dont mind me, I get criticized regularly for...well...questioning what people write.

ThomesHomie
06-23-2007, 02:59 AM
What would it have changed? Oh, and dont mind me, I get criticized regularly for...well...questioning what people write.

The attitude and outlook of our club. I will still argue that we have the tools to get it done, but I feel that if we loose this series some of those tools are going to another team.

MRM
06-23-2007, 03:19 AM
The attitude and outlook of our club. I will still argue that we have the tools to get it done, but I feel that if we loose this series some of those tools are going to another team.

Not a chance sweeping this series was going to change the "attitude and outlook" of the players. It might for some fans, but definately not the players.

Winning or losing this series will have little to do with Kennys decisions as far as who goes where. A big deal was made of the "conference" with Kenny, Ozzie, and Pauly on Monday of this week. I think the teams play since has pretty much overroad anything Paul had to say in that meeting.

I'll bet Williams didn't even notice today debacle...Kenny is too busy on the phones to watch a game at this point. I'll bet MBs agent is on of those he's on the phone with..."can you take XYZ?, If not...see ya."

StillMissOzzie
06-23-2007, 03:22 AM

Get used to that feeling. Live it. Love it. If not after winning OR losing this series vs. the Cubs, certainly within the next 5 weeks following.

SMO
:o: