PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate sign of how bad we are:DRays and Natz have more wins...

WhiteSoxFan84
06-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Than the White Sox do.... wow.
White Sox have 29 wins, the 3rd lowest wins total in the MAJORS... wow.
The only teams with fewer wins are the Rangers (27) and the Reds (28)... WOW.
Both the Devil Rays and Nationals have 1 more win than the White Sox do.......:o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o:.

We're also 10 games back in the loss column in the division and in the wild card. It's not out of the question for the Sox to comeback from that deficit as the Sox, Twins, Indians, and Tigers play each other 70 more times!

The Sox play the Indians 12 more times (6 home/6 road)
The Sox play the Tigers 13 more times (7/6)
The Sox play the Twins 9 more times (6/3)

The Indians play the Tigers 11 more times (5/6)
The Indians play the Twins 13 more times (6/7)

The Tigers play the Twins 12 more times (6/6)

It's not out of the question for the Sox to comeback. However, if they keep this **** they call "playing baseball" up, it is out of the question.

Palpidious
06-21-2007, 12:52 AM
we'll finally get a good draft pick. tank the season and trade everyone for prospects. rebuild this team because you can't retool it.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
we'll finally get a good draft pick. tank the season and trade everyone for prospects. rebuild this team because you can't retool it.

You're fired. Get out of my office. Both of those last two R words sicken me.

oeo
06-21-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm also pretty sure all those teams have played more games than the Sox. I believe we've played the least in baseball.

areilly
06-21-2007, 01:02 AM
The Sox play the Indians 12 more times (6 home/6 road)
The Sox play the Tigers 13 more times (7/6)
The Sox play the Twins 9 more times (6/3)

The Indians play the Tigers 11 more times (5/6)
The Indians play the Twins 13 more times (6/7)

The Tigers play the Twins 12 more times (6/6)

It's not out of the question for the Sox to comeback. However, if they keep this **** they call "playing baseball" up, it is out of the question.

Considering what a trial it's been for the Sox to even put up a fight against the basement of the National League, I would say it most definitely is out of the question to come back against the class of the American League. Don't forget the Sox also go up against...well, I guess it doesn't matter how many times they face the likes of Boston, Seattle, et al when they're currently in the rearview of EVERY TEAM EXCEPT THE REDS AND RANGERS.

MUsoxfan
06-21-2007, 01:24 AM

Draft picks mean nothing. No prospect is EVER a guarantee

Nellie_Fox
06-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Draft picks mean nothing. No prospect is EVER a guaranteeBaseball is probably the sport in which draft picks mean the least.

Dan Mega
06-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Baseball is probably the sport in which draft picks mean the least.

This is without a doubt. Players can be at their ceiling at 18 or not reach it until they hit 30. Its a crapshoot all the way.

alohafri
06-21-2007, 06:52 AM

No we won't. Our scouts suck.

soxfanatlanta
06-21-2007, 07:07 AM
I believe we've played the least in baseball.

Except for JG and MB, this is true on so many levels; it makes me ill.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Except for JG and MB, this is true on so many levels; it makes me ill.

I think oeo meant we've played the last amount of GAMES in baseball. But the way you took it is accurate as well.

Tragg
06-21-2007, 12:23 PM

I can't agree with that.
We have a lot of pitching which makes retooling possible. But we have a lot of retooling to do.

StepsInSC
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
You're right; thanks to Danks and Gio this is not a team where hope is lost for the near future by any means.

Jerksticks
06-24-2007, 03:57 AM
That's right, we are one of 3 teams without 30 wins yet. Ouch. So does the worst record automatically get the #1 pick?
I say we tank the rest of the year, trade Dye or get picks for him, resign Buehrle, and bring in a few new faces to shuffle it up a bit next year.
It is not out of the realm of possibility to win 90+ next year AND draft a bad ass.

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2007, 04:10 AM
Already been discussed. Baseball is clearly the sport in which having a high draft pick has the least value. There is very little incentive to tank in order to get a top pick. So few make it past rookie ball.

Merged with original thread.