PDA

View Full Version : Sosa hits #600

itsnotrequired
06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, there you go.

sox1970
06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
OK, Sammy. Get back in the ****in' dugout.

oeo
06-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Congratulations.

Palehose Pete
06-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Tuned in just as Sammy hit #600. Nice to see that it was off of a Cubs pitcher while he's a Ranger and that it was hit in Texas. Sort provides a bookend for his career while summing it all up, too.

I know it's tradition at The Ballpark, but do you think it's really appropriate for the theme from "The Natural" to be played when Sammy Sosa hits a homer?

Just askin'...

UserNameBlank
06-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I wonder how many home runs he would have hit by now if he had taken steriods like Bonds? Big props to Sammy for only using Flintstones vitamins to radically spurt his growth.

Woofer
06-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I always avoided Scammies at bats when he was on the Cubs. It seemed like whenever I watched, he hit home runs. Like all of us, I was tired of his act by mid 1998. I just happened on the game, and left it on while he came to bat. Funny, his home run feels pretty good tonight, as it will help the Cubs to be 8 games out of first. This is the first baseball related thing that I can smile about today.:smile:

CLR01
06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
:shammy

"Steroid been berry berry goo to me."

DumpJerry
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
I wonder how many home runs he would have hit by now if he had taken steriods like Bonds? Big props to Sammy for only using Flintstones vitamins to radically spurt his growth.
Barry did not take steroids. He just used some creme to fight off dry skin.

cbotnyse
06-20-2007, 09:32 PM
can he go away now?

DumpJerry
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
BBTN just showed his first ever (off Roger Clemens!). He looks like he weighed 110 pounds dripping wet. His batting helmet hardly fits on his head because he's so skinny (BBTN called him "slim/trim Sammy Sosa").

Must have been that Charles Atlas book he sent away for that pumped him up.

They showed some of his other "notable" home runs. They forgot the broken bat single he got when our own Toby Hall noticed something funny about the inside of the bat.......

DumpJerry
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
can he go away now?
He did for a year, but MLB missed him so much, he had to return. Just like Michael Jordan and the NBA.:rolleyes:

MarySwiss
06-20-2007, 09:44 PM
I didn't see the game (duh!),. but I hear tell he seems to be somewhat smaller for some reason. Prolly just been on some weirdass diet.

Sox
06-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Barry did not take steroids. He just used some creme to fight off dry skin.

:macho::lol:

UserNameBlank
06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
I didn't see the game (duh!),. but I hear tell he seems to be somewhat smaller for some reason. Prolly just been on some weirdass diet.
It's the water down there in the D.R.

BTW, check this (http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/dominica.htm) out:
Scroll all the way down to the sports section. Sammy Sosa is like the only thing that matters down there. He's like the Yankees of the D.R.

Vernam
06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Rangers owner Tom Hicks is lamenting (http://tinyurl.com/2d23ou) that he gave Juan Gonzalez "$24 million after he came off steroids." According to Hicks, "We just gave that money away." I'm thinking he included a clause in Sammy's deal to ensure that he stays on the juice.

Vernam

soxwon
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Woo Hoo glad it was vs the Cubs.
Now he can Retire.

WLL1855
06-20-2007, 10:01 PM
can he go away now?

Damn, you beat me to it.

LongLiveFisk
06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
can he go away now?

I doubt he will.

I think his goal is 800.

thomas35forever
06-20-2007, 10:15 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0620/mlb_us_sosa_412.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2911022)
"Here he is, the biggest douche of the universe. In all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douchedom. Good goin' douche. Your dreams have come true."

Sox
06-20-2007, 10:23 PM

After watching the video of Shammy's hr on MLB.com I realized hes done a Jason Giambi with the amount of weight *er* juice that he has cut back on.

thomas35forever
06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
I can't believe I just sat through the entire SportsCenter report on him.:puking:

HotelWhiteSox
06-20-2007, 10:40 PM

De season is now a success

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/050313/mtp_cmte_steroids_050313.300w.jpg

Mr Sosa, have you ever taken steroids?

Que?

Vernam
06-20-2007, 10:42 PM
As our good friend Phil Rogers just pointed out in the Trib's new Hardball blog (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/), Sammy probably takes special satisfaction in hitting his 600th off the Cub who now wears #21.

The 600 Club: Aaron, Bonds, Ruth, Mays, and Sosa. :puking:

Vernam

HotelWhiteSox
06-20-2007, 10:46 PM
This live press conference is a joke (on Comcast now), someone just said 'There were a lot of Cubs fans in attendance and you could tell they were all cheering (:rolleyes:), how does that make you feel? He answered that they'll cheer for him anywhere (:rolleyes:)

Anyone there have the balls to ask a real question?

HotelWhiteSox
06-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Oh man, this is gold, exact quote:

"The whole world, the whole people who follow baseball should be proud today, it's a milestone, unfortunately it has some more people coming, but for me to set is great"

Vernam
06-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh man, this is gold, exact quote:

"The whole world, the whole people who follow baseball should be proud today, it's a milestone, unfortunately it has some more people coming, but for me to set is great"Here's a priceless quote from Phil Rogers's blog, explaining why he'd vote for Sammy to be in the HoF: "If he was cheating, he did it better than many others."

The only reason that quote isn't followed by the puking emoticon is that I just used it in my last post. :cool:

Vernam

CLR01
06-20-2007, 10:58 PM

No. They last tough questions Corky was asked came from congress and before that Rick Reilley. We know how he answered those.

The Immigrant
06-20-2007, 10:59 PM

The reporters were too amazed to discover that Sammy learned to speak English so well since his congressional testimony.

Sweet jeebus, it's a miracle!

StepsInSC
06-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I come bearing garbage for all: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2875680

Here's a fun game: which baseball analysts' "analysis" is filled with the most flaws? I vote for ole' reliable, Steve Phillips. He distinguishes Sosa from McGwire b/c Sosa denied using 'roids in front of Congress, while McGwire never affirmatively denied such. Steve Phillips, please meet Rafael Palmeiro.

Our buddy Steve continues, "In fact, consider that Sosa did get busted for corking a bat during his playing days. Why would a player on steroids cork his bat? He wouldn't." Brimming with so much insight you could shake a stick at him!

Frontman
06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Here's a priceless quote from Phil Rogers's blog, explaining why he'd vote for Sammy to be in the HoF: "If he was cheating, he did it better than many others."

The only reason that quote isn't followed by the puking emoticon is that I just used it in my last post. :cool:

Vernam

Roger's actually wrote that? He is a moron.

Meh, funny that Sammy goes to Texas, Texas becomes the worst team in MLB. Texas wanted him for the milestone, now they got it, and its pre-all star break.

Wonder how they'll fill seats now.

:wink:

Nellie_Fox
06-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Our buddy Steve continues, "In fact, consider that Sosa did get busted for corking a bat during his playing days. Why would a player on steroids cork his bat? He wouldn't." He's absolutely correct. Cheaters pick one method of cheating and stick to it. There's a code of honor; one cheat per customer.

VenturaFan23
06-21-2007, 05:36 AM
I wonder if this ******* remotely cares that he's on the worst the team in baseball. Thank you Texas for bringing this douchebag back. :rolleyes:

Palehose Pete
06-21-2007, 10:59 AM
He's absolutely correct. Cheaters pick one method of cheating and stick to it. There's a code of honor; one cheat per customer.

Too funny!!!!

Also, yes, it was a miracle we witnessed when Sammy suddenly learned to speak English while holding his press conference. Alert the clergy.

Chips
06-21-2007, 11:46 AM
:moonwalk: Congratulations!!! :bandance:

Foulke You
06-21-2007, 01:20 PM
He's absolutely correct. Cheaters pick one method of cheating and stick to it. There's a code of honor; one cheat per customer.
You're absolutely right Nellie. It's right there in black and white in section 34, article 14 of "Cheaters Local 152" union employee handbook: "One cheating method can only be used at one specific time. Any attempt to combine cheating methods can result in termination of employment and benefits.":tongue:

Chisox353014
06-21-2007, 01:23 PM
This thread just wouldn't be complete without this tag:
:corker

WSox597
06-21-2007, 04:26 PM
After every Sosa home run two things should happen.

1) piss test

2) bat x-ray