PDA

View Full Version : Tigers/Braves Swap Mediocre Relievers

DSpivack
06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
RHP Macay Mcbride to Detroit
LHP Wilfredo Ledezma to Atlanta

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070620&content_id=2038731&vkey=pr_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

DumpJerry
06-20-2007, 05:06 PM
and Barrett is traded today.

Nice to see someone makes trades in this league.:angry:

FedEx227
06-20-2007, 05:08 PM
and Barrett is traded today.

Nice to see someone makes trades in this league.:angry:

Dude, when the weather warms up, so will we.

MDF3530
06-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Dude, when the weather warms up, so will we.I think the teal was a bit unnecessary.

BTW, Kenny already traded one bad reliever for another this year in the Aardsma-for-Cotts deal. I think MLB rules permit only one of the bad-for-bad trades per team in a calendar year.

DumpJerry
06-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Dude, when the weather warms up, so will we.
Oh yeah. I forgot. Thanks for reminding me. By the way, I was sweating my butt off at the Astros' games, but "warm weather" is a subjective term. Last night was a warm one at The Cell. So was today.

FedEx227
06-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Luckily there's a steaming pile of crap every time we step on the field lately. So I guess that means the weather is starting to get warmer.

Dan Mega
06-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Luckily there's a steaming pile of crap every time we step on the field lately. So I guess that means the weather is starting to get warmer.

:rolling::rolling:

Oblong
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
This move was done because Ledezma was out of options and McBride has some. They are the same pitcher from what I can tell. Rogers is coming back on Friday, Nate Robertson is due to come off the DL soon and so is Zach Miner. Lots of shuffling going around for the #28 bullpen in the majors.

MUsoxfan
06-20-2007, 10:23 PM
This move was done because Ledezma was out of options and McBride has some. They are the same pitcher from what I can tell. Rogers is coming back on Friday, Nate Robertson is due to come off the DL soon and so is Zach Miner. Lots of shuffling going around for the #28 bullpen in the majors.

I actually think Ledezma has some really good stuff. If he could put it together on a consistent basis, he'd be dangerous. However...that's the story of our current bullpen