PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about anyone else...

Kilroy
04-01-2002, 07:34 PM
but I **** my pants.

When it was 6-1, I knew it wasn't over, but that didn't make it any easier.

CerberusWG
04-01-2002, 07:36 PM
I threw my remote once, and my glasses three times.

HawkDJ
04-01-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
I threw my remote once, and my glasses three times.

I was about to throw my remote but it has taken enough damage this year lol. (Huskies losing to Maryland, Knicks losing everywhere, me sucking at XBOX)

Pete_SSAC
04-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

I was about to throw my remote but it has taken enough damage this year lol. (Huskies losing to Maryland, Knicks losing everywhere, me sucking at XBOX)

Well, that's ypur problem, you own an X-Box. :D:

Anyway, Me, I was just pacing back and fourth, and making my ulcer worse.

- Pete

HawkDJ
04-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Well, that's ypur problem, you own an X-Box. :D:

Anyway, Me, I was just pacing back and fourth, and making my ulcer worse.

- Pete

PS2 fan are you? I got Xbox since it is something different and it has been a pleasant surprise. Halo is a blast.

Pete_SSAC
04-01-2002, 08:21 PM

PS2 fan are you? I got Xbox since it is something different and it has been a pleasant surprise. Halo is a blast.

I'm a game slut. PS2 and GameCube. I dunno, X-Box just rubs me the wrong way, and I got a bad feeling about it. (Like I did with Sega Saturn and Dreamcast)

- Pete

HawkDJ
04-01-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

I'm a game slut. PS2 and GameCube. I dunno, X-Box just rubs me the wrong way, and I got a bad feeling about it. (Like I did with Sega Saturn and Dreamcast)

- Pete

We should talk. I love all games but don't have the dough for more than one system. Xbox has some nice exclusives (Halo, JSRF, Wreckless etc..) and is getting most of the great PS2 games (GTA3, MGS). Personally I like Xbox better but I can see how you might not.

Lip Man 1
04-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Having watched the game today and then reviewed the tape AFTER watching the game live, I just have a few thoughts...
1.) I'm happy the Sox won and the Cubs lost, you can't get a much better opening day!
2.) That being said I have NO IDEA HOW the Sox hung on to win! The bullpen, specifically the "bridge" or set up guys were ATROCIOUS. Our "intrepid" G.M. better go out and get someone who can get the ball to Foulke or we are in major trouble. I know it's early but guys like Glover and Howry have sucked for seven weeks now, light air or not. This is going to cost us some games unless it's rectified.
3.) Frank Thomas looked completely overmatched today. I have NEVER seen that before. The double he got was a fluke, everything else were weak pop ups. I don't know maybe his age and long layoff are starting to show. We'll see.....
Also I was surprised at the overall LACK of comment on the Sox construction plans being dropped because they couldn't get someone (a sucker?) to pay the tab with "naming" rights.
1 down, 81 to go for a winning season.
Lip

Pete_SSAC
04-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Having watched the game today and then reviewed the tape AFTER watching the game live, I just have a few thoughts...
1.) I'm happy the Sox won and the Cubs lost, you can't get a much better opening day!
2.) That being said I have NO IDEA HOW the Sox hung on to win! The bullpen, specifically the "bridge" or set up guys were ATROCIOUS. Our "intrepid" G.M. better go out and get someone who can get the ball to Foulke or we are in major trouble. I know it's early but guys like Glover and Howry have sucked for seven weeks now, light air or not. This is going to cost us some games unless it's rectified.
3.) Frank Thomas looked completely overmatched today. I have NEVER seen that before. The double he got was a fluke, everything else were weak pop ups. I don't know maybe his age and long layoff are starting to show. We'll see.....
Also I was surprised at the overall LACK of comment on the Sox construction plans being dropped because they couldn't get someone (a sucker?) to pay the tab with "naming" rights.
1 down, 81 to go for a winning season.
Lip

Hey, we heard you the first time. With all this cut-and-pasteing, you're starting to come across as a Cub fan.

- Pete

HawkDJ
04-01-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
. Our "intrepid" G.M. better go out and get someone who can get the ball to Foulke or we are in major trouble. I know it's early but guys like Glover and Howry have sucked for seven weeks now, light air or not. This is going to cost us some games unless it's rectified.

Hm, well is it just me or did Marte and Osuna pitch well? Either could be set up guy. Howry did well too even though he faced one batter, he got out of a jam. The only real problem with the bullpen today was Glover and Konerko certainly didn't help with his error.

GASHWOUND
04-01-2002, 11:12 PM

Hm, well is it just me or did Marte and Osuna pitch well? Either could be set up guy. Howry did well too even though he faced one batter, he got out of a jam. The only real problem with the bullpen today was Glover and Konerko certainly didn't help with his error.

Yeah, the only one who really sucked is Glover cause of his control and Foulke(sort of) But I'm not worried about Foulke. The ne hit that Ichiro got off Osuna was a classic Ichiro hit and that error by Konerko. Osuna wasn't hit, the it off Glover ws aseeing eye base hit that Edgar got. Howry got that big out. Its just that error pauly made opened things up, and if he would've made that play things wouldn't have free falled, I think.

SoxRulecubsdrool
04-02-2002, 09:09 AM
It may have been exciting baseball but I am running out to reload the beer supply so I can watch today's game without my heart preparing to explode.