PDA

View Full Version : Early Sox/Cubs prediction

kittle42
06-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Starters for both teams pitch scoreless or one-run ball into the 7th or 8th. At that point, pitchers are removed for pinch hitters, who of course fail to get key hits. Then the bullpens come in. Cubs score first. Then their bullpen blows it. Then the Sox pen blows it. Then the Cubs pen a second time. By the 18th inning, both teams have amassed 5 blown saves each.

The game will be called when both teams have run out of players.

cws05champ
06-20-2007, 10:21 AM
What's my prediction: PAIN!

ND_Sox_Fan
06-20-2007, 10:26 AM
I have mentally prepared myself for the Sox to get swept.

kittle42
06-20-2007, 11:17 AM

I've mentally prepared myself for them not to win 2 games in a row the rest of the season.

It could happen.

jabrch
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Starters for both teams pitch scoreless or one-run ball into the 7th or 8th. At that point, pitchers are removed for pinch hitters,

I get the sarcasm, but why would we have pinch hitters for the pitcher in the AL park?

areilly
06-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Friday:
Sox score 3-5 in the first 2, do nothing the rest of the game. Starting pitching is okay. Bullpen sucks.

Saturday:
Sox score 3-5 in the first 2, do nothing the rest of the game. Starting pitching is okay. Bullpen sucks.

Sunday:

kevingrt
06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Ugly baseball.

oeo
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Sox have Buehrle going on Friday; I feel confident about that game. Then we have the weak links in our rotation the rest of the weekend, so who knows what to expect.

puckereduppiet
06-20-2007, 12:34 PM
6-22 WIN
6-23 WIN
6-24 WIN

SWEEP:gulp::supernana:

Foulke You
06-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Sox have Buehrle going on Friday; I feel confident about that game. Then we have the weak links in our rotation the rest of the weekend, so who knows what to expect.
We've hit Zambrano before and Beuhrle is throwing the ball well so I tend to agree with feeling good about Friday. The Cubs are throwing Hill and Marshall against us Sat and Sun who we both hit pretty well last year. Of course, that was last year...:(:

Dan the Man
06-20-2007, 12:46 PM
We've hit Zambrano before and Beuhrle is throwing the ball well so I tend to agree with feeling good about Friday. The Cubs are throwing Hill and Marshall against us Sat and Sun who we both hit pretty well last year. Of course, that was last year...:(:
I also recall the Cubs hitting Buehrle pretty good last year...

Foulke You
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM
A lot of teams hit Buehrle pretty well in the 2nd half of 2006. That was probably the worst stretch of his career.

kittle42
06-20-2007, 01:11 PM
I get the sarcasm, but why would we have pinch hitters for the pitcher in the AL park?

Hmmm, ummmm, cuz I'm stoopid? :D:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM

Because otherwise we would be using Cintron as the DH, so Ozzie decided that he would rather have his pitchers in the lineup because they are the only ones who can bunt.

oeo
06-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Who didn't? :?:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM

I've mentally prepared myself for them not to win 2 games in a row the rest of the season.

I actually think that the latter may be more likely than the former.

Mr.1Dog
06-20-2007, 03:07 PM
My prediction: Nancy being there every day and kicking ass.:cool::bandance: Maybe she can DH for us.:o:

downstairs
06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Sox lose all three.

Burlymon has a perfect game through 7 but Ozzie pulls him for some righty-lefty matchups in the 8th and 9th. We lose 15-5.

The next two games are, again, White Sox losses... but the details are meaningless because of the news of Ozzie Guillen quitting (mid-game), and Hawk Harrelson quitting in disgust.

The Sox go on to lose 100 games. The Cubs squeek into the playoffs with an 80-82 record. The go on to win the World Series. The White Sox find themselves moved to Las Vegas in the off-season, where they never have a winning season for 40+ years.

bryPt
06-20-2007, 04:07 PM
my prediction, I will be so far away from a TV, radio or stadium, I won't care.

MarySwiss
06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Starters for both teams pitch scoreless or one-run ball into the 7th or 8th. At that point, pitchers are removed for pinch hitters, who of course fail to get key hits. Then the bullpens come in. Cubs score first. Then their bullpen blows it. Then the Sox pen blows it. Then the Cubs pen a second time. By the 18th inning, both teams have amassed 5 blown saves each.

The game will be called when both teams have run out of players.

Cynical much?

I predict a Sox sweep--mainly because I really need one!!!!! :D:

Hitmen77
06-20-2007, 09:33 PM
The way the Sox have been playing, I can really see an EMBARRASSING weekend in store for us. I'm guessing Cubs sweep.:(:

thomas35forever
06-20-2007, 10:23 PM
That was the first day of the slide the Sox have had.

JB98
06-21-2007, 12:03 AM
my prediction, I will be so far away from a TV, radio or stadium, I won't care.

That's a pretty good idea. I didn't bother watching the Sunday game at Wrigley, and the Sox won. Maybe I should try that all weekend. They certainly don't seem to be doing **** with me watching every game religiously.

nysox35
06-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Sox lose all three.

Burlymon has a perfect game through 7 but Ozzie pulls him for some righty-lefty matchups in the 8th and 9th. We lose 15-5.

The next two games are, again, White Sox losses... but the details are meaningless because of the news of Ozzie Guillen quitting (mid-game), and Hawk Harrelson quitting in disgust.

The Sox go on to lose 100 games. The Cubs squeek into the playoffs with an 80-82 record. The go on to win the World Series. The White Sox find themselves moved to Las Vegas in the off-season, where they never have a winning season for 40+ years.

I know it was a joke, but good God was that depressing! :(:

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-21-2007, 02:44 AM

I think Hawk would probably have a heart-attack in the booth.

jdm2662
06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
My work is moving this weekend, and I will be working this weekend. I never thought I would be excited about working all weekend...

miker
06-21-2007, 10:06 AM
6-22 WIN
6-23 WIN
6-24 WIN

SWEEP:gulp::supernana:
I'll have whatever this guy/girl is drinking...

jenn2080
06-21-2007, 11:48 AM
This weekend is a battle to see what team in Chicago sucks less.

I predict that the Sox starters will rock as always, and the bullpen with give up a combined 12 runs for the weekend to give up the lead all 3 days.
Zambrano will lose his cool at least 5 times on Friday.

06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
While I hope fpor a Sox sweep, I predict Cubs win 2 out of 3...Why? because the Sox have failed to prove otherwise.

tebman
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
This weekend is a battle to see what team in Chicago sucks less.

I predict that the Sox starters will rock as always, and the bullpen with give up a combined 12 runs for the weekend to give up the lead all 3 days.
Zambrano will lose his cool at least 5 times on Friday.
I think your prediction is good, but your numbers are low. :(:

I've got tickets for Saturday. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm not looking forward to the game. I've resigned myself to being embarrassed by the Sox and just enjoying the ambience: peanuts, churros, beer, etc.
:help:

vegyrex
06-21-2007, 01:28 PM
If the Sox sweep or win 2 of 3 I'll be happy.

But if they get swept or lose 2 of 3 I won't be surprised.

AnkleSox
06-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I predict that Michael Barrett flies in from San Diego, parachutes onto the field, and runs around hitting members of both teams with a baseball bat, rendering both teams as useless as well, they have been all season.