PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-19 I Don't Wanna Talk About It Postgame Thread

areilly
06-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Farmer on the postgame. This oughta be hilarious.

JB98
06-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Microcosm of the season. Offense scores early, Sox take lead, offense shuts down, bullpen implodes, Sox lose.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Only 95 more games and the season will be over.

palehozenychicty
06-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Groundhog Day part XXXX. :(:

Tragg
06-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Cintron at designated hitter. That's just cynical.

oeo
06-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Microcosm of the season. Offense scores early, Sox take lead, offense shuts down, bullpen implodes, Sox lose.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Only 95 more games and the season will be over.

Why are we forgetting that Danks sucked? Our starting pitching has been bad, bad, bad, outside of Buehrle.

We lost today because our pitching as a whole sucked, not because of our offense. 5 runs should be enough.

tstrike2000
06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
When you give up 15 hits and two relievers who feature nothing but fastballs, obviously the offense better be scoring some runs.

JB98
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Why are we forgetting that Danks sucked? Our starting pitching has been bad, bad, bad, outside of Buehrle.

We lost today because our pitching as a whole sucked, not because of our offense. 5 runs should be enough.

And yes, Danks sucked.

There is so much suckage that I can't remember all of it in just one post.

billyvsox
06-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Good to see Jenks out there in the 9th, he needs the work. OOPs that was Thornton...Great move Oz

sox1970
06-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Danks is being a rookie. We have to live with it.

Dan Mega
06-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Bullpen or blowpen?:angry:

This is crap, c'mon now KW do something.

JB98
06-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Bullpen or blowpen?:angry:

This is crap, c'mon now KW do something.

I'm not sure the solution is out there.

We just have to wear it, my friend.

Tragg
06-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Danks is being a rookie. We have to live with it.

He looked like Vasquez (gleaning from the boxscore); lot of strikeouts, lot of hits and runs. But he's a rookie with talent.

Patrick134
06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Danks hasn/t had many horrible outings. You had to figure Willis had the edge tonight. Go out and win the series tomorrow. It's all about winning series now.

Cellview22
06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Unbelievable Iguchi couldn't get the bunt down in the 7th and move AJ to third; Paulie then would've had an RBI with that long fly to the warning track and gone ahead. Then we would've seen Jenks in the 9th.

sox1970
06-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Danks hasn/t had many horrible outings. You had to figure Willis had the edge tonight. Go out and win the series tomorrow. It's all about winning series now.

It's all about completing series. One less series until the season is over.

JB98
06-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Unbelievable Iguchi couldn't get the bunt down in the 7th and move AJ to third; Paulie then would've had an RBI with that long fly to the warning track and gone ahead. Then we would've seen Jenks in the 9th.

I don't know if "unbelievable" is the right word. I knew it was coming and was yelling at the TV for Iguchi to swing away. With this team, attempting to bunt is a waste of time.

Unbelievable? No. More like horse****.

DickAllen72
06-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Iguchi has really fallen off in all aspects of his game. He was one of my favorite players in '05 and '06 but he loks terrible in '07. He should be the first one to be traded, followed closely by Cintron.

SoxSpeed22
06-19-2007, 11:39 PM
They get runs early then can't seem to get anymore. I think it was TheOldRoman who said it earlier, the fact that the Sox scored 5 runs, yet only scored in 2 innings. Failing to get that bunt down didn't help either.
Danks is just being a rookie hitting a bad stretch and the bullpen is the same bullpen that's stunk all year.
So in short, what else is new?

Palpidious
06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
rongey is so scared for this postgame show that he had to bring in farmer as backup. rongey you spineless apologist take it like a man!

Tragg
06-19-2007, 11:44 PM
He should be the first one to be traded, followed closely by Cintron.
Cintron is Ozzie's #1 pinch hitter and #2 designated hitter; yet we couldn't give that guy away.

itsnotrequired
06-19-2007, 11:48 PM
ANEMIC

Sig update time...

getonbckthr
06-19-2007, 11:49 PM
The best 2B in the American League is a wizard at laying down bunts. Is there anyone better? God do I hope he is gone after this season Iguchi sucks and is highly overrated.

HotelWhiteSox
06-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Danks is a rookie and the 5th starter, the people who are going crazy early in the year, saying 20 wins were possible, were just showing themselves to be morons

Now to this game. Why the hell is Jenks on this team? Ozzie has had some terrible decisions this year. The state of your job should start being discussed when you once used Brian Anderson as a DH

CLR01
06-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Pods will saves us. He is Risen!

Vernam
06-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Highlight of the game was DJ wistfully pointing out that a manager in Japan would have boxed Iguchi's ears for failing to get that bunt down.

Weirdest part was Bukvich giving up three straight screamers to the same part of CF. We were lucky only one of them left the yard.

Kenny must be blowing smoke when he claims to be a "buyer." Before picking someone up to help this year, he's got to wait for some sign of life here, and I don't see one coming.

Vernam

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Did anyone just hear Ozzie's rant on the postgame show? He seemed to throw the players under the bus with remarks critical of Danks' pitching and Iguchi's failure to get the bunt down.

Also, I was wondering in the stands why Thome did not come in to replace Cintron after Willis was taken out of the game. I later learned that Thome had some sort of back issue.

RowanDye
06-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Iguchi has really fallen off in all aspects of his game. He should be the first one to be traded, followed closely by Cintron.

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/9089/bainsey1ff.jpg You better get in line, Seņor.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Well the bullpen does it again.

Lip

TheOldRoman
06-20-2007, 12:15 AM
They get runs early then can't seem to get anymore. I think it was TheOldRoman who said it earlier, the fact that the Sox scored 5 runs, yet only scored in 2 innings. Failing to get that bunt down didn't help either.
Danks is just being a rookie hitting a bad stretch and the bullpen is the same bullpen that's stunk all year.
So in short, what else is new?
I said that about Sunday's game, but this is the same ****. There is certainly enough blame to go around tonight. Danks continued is recent horse **** pitching. The bullpen was predictably bad. And once again, the offense was pitiful. Two hits after the second inning? I guess they figured the game was "first to five", and the rest of the night was exhibition. Willis left in the first, and they faced releivers the rest of the night. They should have pounded the craptacular Wes Obermueller into the ground, but they just kept on trying to hit it 700 feet.

One good thing is, Ozzie was ****ing pissed in the post game press conference. He called the players out. It is time for a buffet table to meet its doom.

TheOldRoman
06-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Well the bullpen does it again.

Lip
Yep, the bullpen sucked. All is right in the world of Lip.

The offense blew, and so did Danks, but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

UserNameBlank
06-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Fields and Danks are two of the main reasons I watch the Sox right now. Fields with another good game and a big 3-run jack, and Danks settled down nicely after that bad first inning. Johnny is still throwing way too many pitches, but hey, he's a rookie. More importantly he just keeps on proving his maturity at the big league level. He's really looking like he's going to be a stud. Also a nice game from Luis despite not getting the hits. Owens still looks bad but oh well. And Andy Gonzalez >>>> Uribe + Cintron combined at the plate. At least he doesn't give away AB's every time up (although the failed bunt wasn't fun to see).

hsnterprize
06-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Damn!!!!! Everything pretty much was already said, so I'm just here agreeing with all y'all. And at first, I thought this bullpen was starting to get it together a little bit. So much for being optimistic.

At least there isn't much time to wallow in self pity since tomorrow's game is in the afternoon. Hopefully Garland can get his act together and bring us a win. We need to start winning games and series again (as if that wasn't already obvious).

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Ozzie was absolutely right to call out the players. I mean, this is really the definition of a horse **** team. It is absolutely positively inexcusable to not get a god damned bunt down. Shame on Tadahito. At the same time, can ANYBODY in this bullpen get people out? What in God's names is Bukvich still doing on this team?? And God help us if Andy Gonzalez is the future of this organization. It's just painful to watch. Uribe is always good for a laugh at the plate though. The guy is hitting two ****ing fourteen (or around there anyways) and is trying to launch the ****ing ball eight hundred feet. Does he know that getting a single does the same for your batting average as a homerun does? Honest to God. It's painful to watch this team. I've said it before, but the worst teams I can recall in my lifetime were 2002 and 1999, 1998 was pretty bad too and I don't remember the 1989 team...but this team is JUST as bad as the 2002 team and is giving the '99 team a run for it's money. But at least nobody expected anything out of the 1999 team, I really thought we could contend this year. Shows what I know.

chisoxfanatic
06-20-2007, 12:43 AM
One good thing is, Ozzie was ****ing pissed in the post game press conference. He called the players out. It is time for a buffet table to meet its doom.
Yep. I stayed in my seat to watch the press conference. Unfortunately, Ozzie...it's too damn late! Where was that pissy mood three weeks ago? They really should give the young guys every opportunity to play for conditioning for next season.

Who's still renewing their season tickets?

Martinigirl
06-20-2007, 12:45 AM
I was at the game and by the time I got to my seat we were down three runs. (I would also like to point out that the reason I missed FLA scoring 3 runs was because the Traffic Management people are total morons - but in and I odd way, I guess I should be grateful).

But them we came back and were leading and it really seemed like a real White Sox game. And then it was just nothing. No offense, Danks could not have a 1-2-3 inning to save his life, and of course the now predictable bullpen implosion. The only word to describe this team now is just sad. We are a sad, sad team.

I do have one positive observation to make, it was nice to see Aarsdma have an outing that didn't increase his ERA. He seemed thrilled after he got out of his second inning and the crowd gave him a nice hand. It would be great if someone, other than Bobby, could get something positive done.

Parrothead
06-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Fields and Danks are two of the main reasons I watch the Sox right now. ......and Danks settled down nicely after that bad first inning. Johnny is still throwing way too many pitches, but hey, he's a rookie. More importantly he just keeps on proving his maturity at the big league level. He's really looking like he's going to be a stud.

Yeah, I agree. It is entertaining to watch him give up run after run ! 4 innings and 4 runs. That is a stud.
DANKS STANKS ! Just like the rest of the Sox.

StillMissOzzie
06-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Darn it, I missed this gem as I attended the MWL All-Star game instead.

Kenny must be blowing smoke when he claims to be a "buyer." Before picking someone up to help this year, he's got to wait for some sign of life here, and I don't see one coming.

Vernam
I didn't think that KW claimed to be a "buyer", he simply denied that he was a seller...yet.

Did anyone just hear Ozzie's rant on the postgame show? He seemed to throw the players under the bus with remarks critical of Danks' pitching and Iguchi's failure to get the bunt down.

The only part I heard was where he was reaming Danks for not throwing strikes, for having his pitch count up near 100 after 5 innings, and for being behind in the count to almost every batter.

SSDD

SMO
:(::angry::whiner:

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I agree. It is entertaining to watch him give up run after run ! 4 innings and 4 runs. That is a stud.
When you get right down to it though, Danks is a rookie and is pitching like a rookie. He's had some REALLY good outtings and had some great moments on the mound. Of late he's been pitching like horse **** but truth be told I almost expect that from a rookie. If he can manage to win ten games, it's a good year for him. Danks has got a bright future for him.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks Roman!

This from the guy who has wanted Greg Walker fired for months (and makes sure we know about it as often in his posts)

:D:

What five runs isn't enough to win games anymore?

The starting pitching has been inconsistent, the bullpen is worse then last season's but in "Roman's world" if we could just score nine runs a game we'd be pennant bound!

Pitching wins pennants Roman... always has, always will. The 2005 World Champion White Sox are a recent example you may have heard of.

Lip

UserNameBlank
06-20-2007, 01:00 AM
You weren't impressed with the way he finished the game after that bad first inning? He's a rookie, remember. Rookies normally don't settle down like that after terrible starts. That's another of many reasons why I like him. Besides, it was Matt Thornbukvich that gave up the last three runs. Danks was in line for the win.

At this point, if you're expecting the Sox to win when you watch them you probably shouldn't watch, because in all likelyhood KW is going to start shipping off veterans and it's only going to get worse. That is unless of course you enjoy watching the kids play, because if you do it hopefully won't be so bad.

JB98
06-20-2007, 01:01 AM
You weren't impressed with the way he finished the game after that bad first inning? He's a rookie, remember. Rookies normally don't settle down like that after terrible starts. That's another of many reasons why I like him. Besides, it was Matt Thornbukvich that gave up the last three runs. Danks was in line for the win.

At this point, if you're expecting the Sox to win when you watch them you probably shouldn't watch, because in all likelyhood KW is going to start shipping off veterans and it's only going to get worse. That is unless of course you enjoy watching the kids play, because if you do it hopefully won't be so bad.

Actually, Danks only worked four innings. He was not in line for the win. Aardsma was.

UserNameBlank
06-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Actually, Danks only worked four innings. He was not in line for the win. Aardsma was.
Aah, well, he still impressed me anyway. After that 1st inning I was expecting the score to be something like 942-0 by the time the third inning rolled around, but he managed to get through the rest of his outing and still kept the team in the game. Aardsma did a nice job coming back after a couple little bloopers too.

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Aah, well, he still impressed me anyway. After that 1st inning I was expecting the score to be something like 942-0 by the time the third inning rolled around, but he managed to get through the rest of his outing and still kept the team in the game. Aardsma did a nice job coming back after a couple little bloopers too.
Aardsma looked good today, hopefully this will get his confidence back.

I'm upset that no one has commented on my rant. It is such a lovely rant.

Parrothead
06-20-2007, 01:19 AM

I was not impressed and have not been. Back to back games less than 5 innings. That blows ! As someone said Dank was not in line for a win. Danks innings......

< 4 innings.... 1 game
4-5 innings....3 games
5-6 innings....3 games
6-7 innings....6 games

This is hardly considered good by anyone.

I go to a game fully expecting a loss now. I do like watching kids play that is why I also go to the Windy City Thunderbolts (frontier league) who are 20-7 in Crestwood.

ChiSoxGirl
06-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Ozzie was absolutely right to call out the players. I mean, this is really the definition of a horse **** team. It is absolutely positively inexcusable to not get a god damned bunt down. Shame on Tadahito. At the same time, can ANYBODY in this bullpen get people out? What in God's names is Bukvich still doing on this team?? And God help us if Andy Gonzalez is the future of this organization. It's just painful to watch. Uribe is always good for a laugh at the plate though. The guy is hitting two ****ing fourteen (or around there anyways) and is trying to launch the ****ing ball eight hundred feet. Does he know that getting a single does the same for your batting average as a homerun does? Honest to God. It's painful to watch this team. I've said it before, but the worst teams I can recall in my lifetime were 2002 and 1999, 1998 was pretty bad too and I don't remember the 1989 team...but this team is JUST as bad as the 2002 team and is giving the '99 team a run for it's money. But at least nobody expected anything out of the 1999 team, I really thought we could contend this year. Shows what I know.

Aardsma looked good today, hopefully this will get his confidence back.

I'm upset that no one has commented on my rant. It is such a lovely rant.

Not anymore! It's an epic rant and you're absolutely right about everything you said! :thumbsup::smile:

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2007, 01:23 AM
I was not impressed and have not been. Back to back games less than 5 innings. That blows ! As someone said Dank was not in line for a win. Danks innings......

< 4 innings.... 1 game
4-5 innings....3 games
5-6 innings....3 games
6-7 innings....0 games

I go to a game fully expecting a loss now. I do like watching kids play that is why I also go to the Windy City Thunderbolts (frontier league) who are 20-7 in Crestwood.
Again, the kid is a rookie. I expect 4-6 innings out of a rookie becasue on some nights he is going to get hit HARD and not make it out of the fourth or the fifth. If he had been in the majors for five years and was putting up these kind of numbers then I'd be worried cuz it's obvious the kid will be a career journeyman, but he's a rookie! There are very few rookie pitchers who come out of the gate gunning guys down and go on to have a great career.

Nellie_Fox
06-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I didn't think that KW claimed to be a "buyer", he simply denied that he was a seller...yet.Actually, he did. It couldn't have been clearer. Kornheiser asked him if was a buyer or a seller, and he replied that he is always a buyer, always looking for ways to make the team better.

UserNameBlank
06-20-2007, 01:38 AM
I'll comment on your rant...

No one can bunt besides the pitchers. It's not just Tadahito, it's everyone since 2005 ended. Why are they like this? Who knows, but it's ridiculous. It's like all of a sudden, laying down a serviceable bunt is the equivalent of pitching a perfect game for these guys. I can not believe my eyes half of the time. It's a bunt! You were doing this right after tee-ball! Come on!

Bukvich is on this team because no one cares anymore. KW can talk about "adding pieces" but that is nothing but a smokescreen. If he really thought we were a contender he would have picked up somebody - anybody - to help in the pen. Besides, at least Bukvich only had one run counted against him. Thornton gave up the tie and the game.

I'd drive Andy Gonzalez to the ballpark every day if it meant the end of Juan Uribe as an everyday player. Not that I think Andy is an answer, but I can't stand watching Juan at the plate. If this were a video game and Juan's plate discipline could be given a numerical value, it would probably be a number close to the temperature in which hydrogen liquifies. I don't want to see him on a losing team anymore.

TFLEM33
06-20-2007, 01:50 AM
I'll comment on your rant...

No one can bunt besides the pitchers. It's not just Tadahito, it's everyone since 2005 ended. Why are they like this? Who knows, but it's ridiculous. It's like all of the sudden, laying down a serviceable bunt is the equivalent of pitching a perfect game for these guys. I can not believe my eyes half of the time. It's a bunt! You were doing this right after tee-ball! Come on!

I'd drive Andy Gonzalez to the ballpark every day if it meant the end of Juan Uribe as an everyday player. Not that I think Andy is an answer, but I can't stand watching Juan at the plate. If this were a video game and Juan's plate discipline could be given a numerical value, it would probably be a number close to the temperature in which hydrogen liquifies. I don't want to see him on a losing team anymore.

I definitely agree on the bunting issue. Even when Ozzie makes them take extra bunting practice (which he has done in the past), it doesn't seem to help. It is a basic fundamental of the game to lay down a bunt. I mean come-on!

And on Uribe... I am tired of the excuse that he has a cannon for an arm. We are all aware of his arm, but we may as well have a pitcher batting on the ninth spot. I REALLY hope this is our last year of Juan Uribe.

StillMissOzzie
06-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Actually, he did. It couldn't have been clearer. Kornheiser asked him if was a buyer or a seller, and he replied that he is always a buyer, always looking for ways to make the team better.

I did not see PTI, so if KW went on the show and explicitly claimed he's still a buyer, then I apologize.

I based my remarks on a radio story on WSCR-AM and from today's SunTimes, both of which addressed a meeting with Ozzie, KW, and Konerko (?), the end result of which was to stand pat.
"Listen, we're not going to do anything"-Ozzie, 6/19/07;
"It's very difficult for me to put my arms around the concept of being the so-called 'sellers' when my mind-set for seven years has been 'buy', and even buy in terms of the times we've had to sell."-KW, 6/19/07

Both in the Sun-Times story titled Sox brass puts fire sale on ice.

A separate story on the same page of today's Sun-Times claims that Buehrle was all but traded to the NY Mets, according to ESPN. Maybe this big summit meeting was what called the deal off?

Bottom line, *** do I know...maybe that KW considers it "buying" when the coin of the realm is high-priced veterans, free agents to be, and under-achieving slackers? That KW might be talking through both sides of his mouth? IMHO, I still think Buehrle's history, sooner or later.

SMO
:?::(::angry::whiner:

decolores9628
06-20-2007, 05:26 AM

< 4 innings.... 1 game
4-5 innings....3 games
5-6 innings....3 games
6-7 innings....0 games

So the 3 straight starts in may where went 6 2/3, 6 2/3, 6 1/3 innings respectively doesn't count as 6-7 innings then?

Grzegorz
06-20-2007, 05:44 AM

Pitching wins pennants Roman... always has, always will. The 2005 World Champion White Sox are a recent example you may have heard of.

Lip

I agree; this team has slipped badly when it comes to the fundamentals. Speed, pitching, and defense won in 2005 and that formula will win again. Hopefully, management realizes this and resurrects this strategy and applies these tactics for 2008.

Oh, let's remember that John Danks is a rookie; he shouldn't be expected to pitch like Koufax every time out. He will make mistakes; he will need support. He had the offensive support, but the bullpen gave it back again.

The bullpen continues to be the major reason this team has failed.

Lets get through this season, move some veterans for some talent and get ready for 2008.

I am looking forward to the moves that KW makes in the off season.

Parrothead
06-20-2007, 07:35 AM
So the 3 straight starts in may where went 6 2/3, 6 2/3, 6 1/3 innings respectively doesn't count as 6-7 innings then?

Thanks, I did not notice the typo, I fixed it. Still not impressed. I could be wrong though. Because I am a......
:darkclouds:

TheOldRoman
06-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks Roman!

This from the guy who has wanted Greg Walker fired for months (and makes sure we know about it as often in his posts)

:D:

The starting pitching has been inconsistent, the bullpen is worse then last season's but in "Roman's world" if we could just score nine runs a game we'd be pennant bound!

Lip

Wrong, I have wanted Walker fired since last year. He is a horrible hitting coach. If you think doing absolutely nothing offensively after the second inning is fine, you should think again. Just because you score 5 doesn't mean the game ended. Yesterday was a horrible offensive game, except for the first inning. Say what you want, but when you get to a reliever in the second inning, you better well pound the **** out of him and hurt them for the rest of the series by having to use the entire pen. This wasn't like it was a freak occurrence.
At this point the bullpen is horrible, but you know what you are getting. There are some bad pitchers, and some who don't have their heads on. They aren't good, and they won't be this year, probably. That is no excuse. The talent isn't there. And the talent that is there has its head up its arse right now (MacDougal and Thornton). Did you honestly expect as much out of this bullpen as this lineup?
The rotation has been disappointing. They have had the stuff to dominate, but there are always a handful of dumb mistakes in every game that blow up there line. If our bullpen had the talent our offense does, that would be one thing. It isn't even close. Our offense has let us down big time this year. And despite how much the pitching sucked last year, we would have been in the playoffs had the offense been able to hit the likes of Mike Wood, Runelvys Hernandez, John Reihnecker, Julian Tavares, and other future Cy Youngers.
The starters need to be a lot better, and the bullpen needs to be a hell of a lot better. But if you think 5 runs is safe in MLB and you are free to lay down your bat, you are nuts.

PaulDrake
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm upset that no one has commented on my rant. It is such a lovely rant. At least you didn't get called a dark cloud, bandwagon fan, or shudder the thought, a crybaby.

soxrme
06-20-2007, 10:21 AM
When you give up 15 hits and two relievers who feature nothing but fastballs, obviously the offense better be scoring some runs.
These are power pitchers who fit our park perfectly, all our talented scouts and gm said so:angry:

PaulDrake
06-20-2007, 10:25 AM
These are power pitchers who fit our park perfectly, all our talented scouts and gm said so:angry: All in keeping with the Sox management philosophy of looking for guys with "tools".

salty99
06-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Darn it, I missed this gem as I attended the MWL All-Star game instead.

I was there as well! Did I ever mention that I want Uribe gone now?

SBSoxFan
06-20-2007, 10:42 AM
I was there as well! Did I ever mention that I want Uribe gone now?

What is it with the Sox shortstops lately? First Valentin, now Uribe. They both had very good first years offensively, and then the batting average keeps going down, down, down, while the power numbers stay similar. :dunno:

peeonwrigley
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Early offense.... check
Mediocre/Bad start when we actually get offense.... check
Zero runs after the 3rd.... check
Hold on for dear life to a small lead during the middle innings.... check
Late chance for offense squandered by baseball ineptitude.... check
Bullpen (with obligatory use Jenks or not controversy) loses said game in inning immediately following said ineptitude.... check

White Sox baseball 2007. Back to the Grind.

Flight #24
06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
All I know is that if Kenny Williams lets Paul Konerko talk him into thinking this team has a snowball's chance in Hades of contending, he's a fool and/or arrogant beyond belief.

This isn't the '05 Tribe or '06 Twins, both of whom were decent teams hoping to play better but behind teams that had gotten out to ridiculously hot starts. This is a BAD team. Even if Dye, Konerko, etc come around and get hot, the bullpen will still suck and the fundamentals on O will still be lacking because that's the history of both of those.

The only reason anyone would have to think that the bullpen and fundamentals will improve is hope & faith without any basis in fact.

The White Sox as an organization have proven beyond a doubt that they cannot teach fundamentals, and for the most part, they seem to have trouble finding guys with fundamentals. So far, they also look pretty bad at building a bullpen, simultaneous career years from Cotts & Politte being the exception.

The worst possible scenario is for Kenny to wait, keep hoping, and end up getting cents on the dollar because at the deadline, teams know that he's got to deal guys for anything.

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2007, 12:46 PM
At least you didn't get called a dark cloud, bandwagon fan, or shudder the thought, a crybaby.
Meh, I've been called that before..It doesn't hurt...that much.:whiner:

Paulwny
06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
All I know is that if Kenny Williams lets Paul Konerko talk him into thinking this team has a snowball's chance in Hades of contending, he's a fool and/or arrogant beyond belief.

I honestly don't believe Konerko's input in any way changes whatever KW is thinking.
Since he's capt. of the team KW gave Konerko an apple by having him attend the meeting with him and Oz.