PDA

View Full Version : Joe Borchard Last Night

Brian26
06-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Salty and I were getting autographs before the game last night. I got Reggie Abercrombie, and Salty got pretty much the entire Florida team.

Anyway, Joe Borchard comes walking out of hitting in the cages, and he was joking with one of the Florida guys and pointing up to where his homer landed in '04. Borchard finally makes it over to the FLA dugout, and Salty asks him why he isn't playing tonight. Borchard's response:

:LTP
"I played myself out of the starting lineup a LONG time ago!"

Got to love his sense of humor.

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Salty and I were getting autographs before the game last night. I got Reggie Abercrombie, and Salty got pretty much the entire Florida team.

Anyway, Joe Borchard comes walking out of hitting in the cages, and he was joking with one of the Florida guys and pointing up to where his homer landed in '04. Borchard finally makes it over to the FLA dugout, and Salty asks him why he isn't playing tonight. Borchard's response:

:LTP
"I played myself out of the starting lineup a LONG time ago!"

Got to love his sense of humor.
Haha, that's too bad. I don't know if he's a good guy or not but I'm really rooting for anybody with that sense of humor. I wish him well.

salty99
06-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Actually I was getting most of those guys for the kids next to me. I only got Hermida, Dontrelle, and tankersly.

I also reminded Borchard of the bounty he collected from AJ for hitting a homerun in spring training off Brett Tomko.

dickallen15
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Borchard is supposed to be a very nice guy.

Foulke You
06-20-2007, 01:50 PM
I really thought Joe was going to be a special player. He has all the tools to be an all-star but he just strikes out too much and doesn't have the plate discipline to be effective in the bigs. The NL is the perfect place for him. A power switch hitter who can come in late in the ballgame for your pitcher and be a threat to knock one into the light standards.

tacosalbarojas
06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
What I take from this is nice guys not only finish last, they also strike out. Thanks for sharing the story.

JGarlandrules20
06-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Haha, oh Joe. He seemed like such a nice guy.
I was hoping to see him this series! When he actually made good contact with the ball, it was a pretty thing to see. I always rooted for him.

Speaking of old sox, I got Miguel's autograph before the game. He was so sweet. I'm usually too shy to try and get autographs but I was able to get his attention. :smile:

lukeman89
06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
where can i find a clip of his 500 foot homer??