PDA

View Full Version : Thome not in tonights lineup??? (6/19)

ChiSox4Life
06-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Gonzalez, LF; Iguchi, 2B; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; Fields, 3B; Terrero, CF; Uribe, SS; Cintron, DH; Hall, C. Danks pitching. (From Reifert's blog)

Is there anything behind this or is it just because of the lefty/lefty matchup?? AJ isnt playing either. I think sometimes Ozzie just puts way too much emphasis on the matchups... Let the best players play!

Maybe its because Thome is 3/22 (.136) against Willis???

The Immigrant
06-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Dontrelle's splits: vs. Left: .101 vs. Right: .322

oeo
06-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Gonzalez, LF; Iguchi, 2B; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; Fields, 3B; Terrero, CF; Uribe, SS; Cintron, DH; Hall, C. Danks pitching. (From Reifert's blog)

Is there anything behind this or is it just because of the lefty/lefty matchup?? AJ isnt playing either. I think sometimes Ozzie just puts way too much emphasis on the matchups... Let the best players play!

Maybe its because Thome is 3/22 (.136) against Willis???

I hope it's just because it's Willis, but yesterday he was moving kind of slow. After his homerun yesterday, something seemed different about him. He usually has a smile on his face and jogs back to the dugout; yesterday he took a slow walk back.

ChiSox4Life
06-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Dontrelle's splits: vs. Left: .101 vs. Right: .322

OK I see where the move is coming from then... But still either way I want Thome batting over Cintron. Im fine with Toby playing over AJ.. but Thome is such a presence in the lineup!

DumpJerry
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
OK I see where the move is coming from then... But still either way I want Thome batting over Cintron. Im fine with Toby playing over AJ.. but Thome is such a presence in the lineup!
That explains why Ozzie, and not you, is managing the Sox.

Why would you bat Thome against a lefty when Thomes doesn't do too well against a lefty and then throw in Willis' numbers against lefties on top of that? Why are "fine" with Hall over AJ when AJ has been swinging a hot stick lately?

It's not like Thome isn't available to come off the bench during the game.....

PIERCE
06-19-2007, 06:19 PM
He mentioned that he now understood why the lefty, righty move and you insult him anyway...............wow.

DumpJerry
06-19-2007, 06:25 PM
He mentioned that he now understood why the lefty, righty move and you insult him anyway...............wow.
There was no insult in my post. I was just pointing out that he was thinking with his heart and not head, that's all.

Leave it be.

dickallen15
06-19-2007, 06:34 PM
I hope it's just because it's Willis, but yesterday he was moving kind of slow. After his homerun yesterday, something seemed different about him. He usually has a smile on his face and jogs back to the dugout; yesterday he took a slow walk back.
I noticed that as well.

sox230
06-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Thome showed up at the park with a sore back and is most likely out tomorrow as well. Let's hope it's not serious.

Walker29
06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I had a bad feeling when Thome got gunned down at the plate last night, that he would get hurt. I wish Razor wouldn't have pushed the issue on that one and I hope it is a "matchup" issue and nothing more than that. Go Sox!

BeeBeeRichard
06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Wouldn't doubt he tweaked something on that ill-advised second-to-home dash, but he played through it last night given the dire circumstances we're in. If that's the case, lefty on the mound tonight couldn't come at a better time to give him a night off.

JB98
06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Does God hate us or something? Why do people just keep getting hurt? :whiner:

Foulke You
06-19-2007, 07:01 PM
I had a bad feeling when Thome got gunned down at the plate last night, that he would get hurt. I wish Razor wouldn't have pushed the issue on that one and I hope it is a "matchup" issue and nothing more than that. Go Sox!
That was such an idiotic play last night. Why risk your best hitter who is a big lumbering slow runner with a bad back and bad ribcage on a play like that? I hope he only misses tonight's game.:mad:

ChiSox4Life
06-19-2007, 07:13 PM

Thanks Pierce!

I dont have a problem with Hall playing because catchers needs days off, and Hall needs to get more ABs. Also Cintron = no good even if he can switch hit... Alls Im saying all is that Ozzie looks into the lefty/righty righty/lefty matchups way too much. I trust Thome alot more that Cintron...

kobo
06-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Per the Score, Thome is not in the lineup due to back stiffness.

Hitmen77
06-19-2007, 08:06 PM

I was watching the play on TV last night and it looked like a pretty clean slide by Thome. Hardly any contact with him and Olivo. Maybe this hurt his back, but it's bad news for us if his back is that delicate.

But, yeah, I agree that it was a bad move by Razor. Risky play for the unlikely success of trying to score a slow runner from 2nd on a single to shallow RF.