PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-18 High Fiving Nuns postgame thread!

soltrain21
06-18-2007, 11:34 PM
They were totally into it!

palehozenychicty
06-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Gosh, even our wins are hideous. The offense has finally awoken some, but that pen, boy. Medusa-like!:o:

whitesoxfan1986
06-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Good luck to KW trying to trade Contreras. His trade value is down to a bag of balls now.

MRM
06-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Gosh, even our wins are hideous. The offense has finally awoken some, but that pen, boy. Medusa-like!:o:

When you score 10 runs and still have to use your closer it wasn't a pretty win.

oeo
06-18-2007, 11:38 PM

The pen wasn't bad today. I felt like Masset got screwed on a couple of those calls on his walk, and Bukvich had a nice outing.

Jose, OTOH: wake up, you're supposed to be our #1, act like it.

Frankfan4life
I guess I should say I'm happy they won today... and I am... but I don't know if one win a week is really doing it for me. :?:

UserNameBlank
Good, a win. Hopefully that "strained hamstring" Dye suffered isn't too serious. Those catches are two of the few highlights of the season so far.

TDog
06-18-2007, 11:39 PM
For people "embarrassed" by low batting averages, consider that the White Sox for tonight's game batted .328. Hitting into doubleplays, getting picked off bases and getting thrown out at the plate will help your team batting average and prevent fans from being embarrassed.

When was the last time 10 White Sox players got hits in the same game? But I'm just happy that the Sox won.

MRM
06-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Good luck to KW trying to trade Contreras. His trade value is down to a bag of balls now.

Why would you think he was on the trading block, anyhow?

JB98
06-18-2007, 11:40 PM
With 23 runs in the last three games, the offense is starting to show life. But damn, the pitching was mediocre at best. I've never been so cranky with a five- or six-run lead in the late innings.

Oh, well. Let's win again tomorrow and rediscover the feeling of winning two in a row.

Tragg
06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Nice win.

Blueprint1
06-18-2007, 11:43 PM
We won a game. That seemed like forever.

dllrbll7
06-18-2007, 11:48 PM
They were totally into it!

Were there actually nuns high fiving on the postgame show?? My aunt whose a nun was in my seats tonight...

ChiSox524
06-18-2007, 11:49 PM
A win is a win no matter how they get it. I am just greatful they won.

HotelWhiteSox
06-18-2007, 11:55 PM
2 out of 3 ey! :wink:

cws05champ
06-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Hopefully this is the start of winning ugly!!! But I'm not counting on it. A DP ball thrown away, bunt again results in out at third. Nice to see the offense wake up a little the last few games. I thought Massett actually looked better than the results(looked like some missed calls on strikes). A win, is a win, is a win.....:bandance:

oeo
06-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Were there actually nuns high fiving on the postgame show?? My aunt whose a nun was in my seats tonight...

Right after the final out.

jenn2080
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM

I was almost going to call you today and see if you were at the game since there was rain. :D::redneck

DickAllen72
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
:twinslose

Vernam
06-19-2007, 12:31 AM
During the depths of the 2005 near-collapse, nuns were seen dancing behind the visitors' dugout in what turned out to be a rare Sox win. (Might even have been the Crede HR vs. Cleveland, but I'm not sure.) Anyway, I'm clutching at straws this year, so let's say tonight was a good omen. I say nuns should get free Scout Seats until further notice.

Vernam

WhiteSox5187
06-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Man oh man oh man, we certainly tried out best to lose that game...in one inning we had a runner thrown out at third on a bunt, and two runners picked off? Nice. Anytime you have to use your closer after scoring ten runs is not a good sign. I'll take it, but they look awful. Oh and JD is hurt. Let the good times roll! I don't think I've ever been so disgusted after a win.

oeo
06-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Man oh man oh man, we certainly tried out best to lose that game...in one inning we had a runner thrown out at third on a bunt, and two runners picked off? Nice. Anytime you have to use your closer after scoring ten runs is not a good sign. I'll take it, but they look awful. Oh and JD is hurt. Let the good times roll! I don't think I've ever been so disgusted after a win.

Sounds like you just looked at the box score. They didn't look awful today, and outside of Javy and the bullpen yesterday, they haven't looked bad the last three games; Jose looked pretty bad, but that's it. Two rookies got picked off by a good defensive catcher. How did they try their best to lose? :?:

And JD has a minor quad sprain, they said it was just precautionary taking him out...should play tomorrow. There have been much worse wins this year; I'm not quite sure how this one is soooo disgusting.

hose
06-19-2007, 12:38 AM
That's 3 games in a row where the bats were there.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Let's keep it going boys.

kevingrt
06-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Double Digit runs, WOOHOO

BoysMom3
06-19-2007, 12:48 AM
I saw the nuns high-fiving each other, as well as the kids behind them. It was cracking me up! One of them also had a sign that said "Nuns Love the White Sox"!

Loved JD's defense today. 2 great catches in 1 game. Good stuff right there. Felt great to win!

Palehose Pete
06-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the White Sox winner!!!:bandance:

Brian26
06-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Good, a win. Hopefully that "strained hamstring" Dye suffered isn't too serious. Those catches are two of the few highlights of the season so far.

That second catch was absolutely unbelievable...one of the best catches I've ever seen in person. He was helped by the fact that the ball just hung up there forever. When the ball left the bat, I didn't think there was any way he had a prayer of catching it.

It was cool to see Cabrera say something to Dye as he ran in. And AJ was talking to the Florida 3rd base coach too. Nobody could believe that catch.

FedEx227
06-19-2007, 01:08 AM
That second catch was absolutely unbelievable...one of the best catches I've ever seen in person. He was helped by the fact that the ball just hung up there forever. When the ball left the bat, I didn't think there was any way he had a prayer of catching it.

It was cool to see Cabrera say something to Dye as he ran in. And AJ was talking to the Florida 3rd base coach too. Nobody could believe that catch.

Yeah that was just an unbelievable view from the upper deck 3rd base side.

People probably don't realize how hard of a catch that is, having to go across your body to get that.

salty99
06-19-2007, 01:09 AM

No way. I TOTALLY knew he had it the whole time!!! SUPER JD I Call him. And the nuns also got a foul ball!

HITMEN OF 77
06-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Tonights game is the turning point for the Sox this season. I see good things for this team this season and a playoff birth. IMO.

Note: NO teal.

Foulke You
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Tonights game is the turning point for the Sox this season. I see good things for this team this season and a playoff birth. IMO.

Note: NO teal.
I admire your enthusiasm but I'll wait til we have a win streak before getting too excited here. To quote A.J. Pierzynski, "right now, we're bailing water". That being said, 2 wins in 4 games sure seems like a win streak!:tongue:

itsnotrequired
06-19-2007, 01:43 AM
TBGR

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3408 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3408)

Worth a try, I think.

Sig update time...

Nellie_Fox
06-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Tonights game is the turning point for the Sox this season. I see good things for this team this season and a playoff birth. IMO.Who do you expect to give birth during the playoffs?

fusillirob1983
06-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Those catches were ridiculous.

Also, I think the worst part of the game for Jose was the ground ball he threw to mess up the force out at second base.... and then becoming a headcase and not throwing strikes to the next batter.

hi im skot
06-19-2007, 01:48 AM
TBGR

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3408 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3408)

Worth a try, I think.

Sig update time...

Amazing.

I want to see your clipboard of notes scribbled during the game.

Well done, sir...like I was at the game.

P.S. Does McGriddles ever win?!

itsnotrequired
06-19-2007, 01:51 AM
P.S. Does McGriddles ever win?!

I was in the section that won last Saturday. Fries won but they handed out McGriddle cards. They have ruined three lives.

StillMissOzzie
06-19-2007, 02:30 AM
I hate griping about a win, but geez, it's NEVER ****ing easy! Ten runs and Jenks had to close it out! Can you guys win a few in a row NOW?

SMO

:gulp:

HoosierHerb
06-19-2007, 09:02 AM
They won, that's all that counts. And this gives me good vibes as it is the last game I can watch until Sat. (WCIU and day games until then).

stl_sox_fan
06-19-2007, 09:30 AM
TBGR

Worth a try, I think.

Sig update time...

Krikey. Tip of the cap to you sir.
I forgot about the Fish playing the series a few years back.

MeteorsSox4367
06-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I knew there was no way the Sox were going to lose because of the nuns they showed on the screen and our parish's men's club had its annual outing. The priest who's our pastor ended up sitting in front of me. Although I'm sure he was thrilled when he had to hear me mutter a few words in the ninth before Jenks shut it down.

JD was the man defensively and always nice to see Thome go yard and A.J. get three hits in his first three ABs. I could have done without the rain, but the Sox won and I bought a cool Kittle t-shirt in the t-shirt shop.

kevingrt
06-19-2007, 11:08 AM
No PTC winner any reason why not?

itsnotrequired
06-19-2007, 11:09 AM
No PTC winner any reason why not?

Check my game recap.

PeteWard
06-19-2007, 11:43 AM
I knew there was no way the Sox were going to lose because of the nuns they showed on the screen and our parish's men's club had its annual outing. The priest who's our pastor ended up sitting in front of me. Although I'm sure he was thrilled when he had to hear me mutter a few words in the ninth before Jenks shut it down.

:rolleyes:

Oh brother.

dirty_k
06-19-2007, 11:48 AM

What a night to be sitting in the 3rd row of sec 113 (the catch was right in front of this sec). I didn't think Dye had a chance even as he was diving for it. He did the right thing moving faster than the ball to get his glove on it. As a long time softball right fielder I loved it!

I think Dye gives an all-out effort when needed but with his hustle and later Makowiac's it crossed my mind that maybe something got inot these guys. Nice to see the bats going but having to bring Jenks in late was not good.

SBSoxFan
06-19-2007, 12:14 PM
As a lot have said, a win is a win, but some others ... wow, there's just no pleasing you is there? Yeah, Contreras struggled, but he did get out of a bases-loaded, 1-out jam of his own making. The bullpen only gave up 1 run in 2-1/3 innings. Baby steps. So what if they had to bring in Jenks? It's not like he's overworked. The offense scored 10 runs despite losing runners on the basepaths. The offense owes the pitching staff big time. Seems to me they overcame some adversity that they wouldn't have the last month. So why all the wingin'? Let's hope for some sustained momentum, get back to 500, and go from there.

downstairs
06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
As a lot have said, a win is a win, but some others ... wow, there's just no pleasing you is there?

If it were a quality win of any sort, that would be great. 10-1, or come from behind 4-3 win, whatever.

If a win still shows major flaws that have and will lose games in the future, it still stinks.

Plus, we have to be on a .700 pace or something to even hope for the playoffs... so I think its fair to a bit sour until we win 7 of 10 or 14 of 20...

KenBerryGrab
06-19-2007, 01:33 PM
It was a fun one to attend, and in section 110, JD's catches were right there in front of us. I'm just happy I didn't drive 2+1/2 hours for another loss.