PDA

View Full Version : First trip to Miller Park

kaufsox
06-18-2007, 07:52 PM
So, tomorrow night I will be making my virgin journey to Miller Park in Milwaukee. Any must dos? don'ts? eats? drinks? All input would be most welcome! :smile:

Viva Medias B's
06-18-2007, 09:25 PM
So, tomorrow night I will be making my virgin journey to Miller Park in Milwaukee. Any must dos? don'ts? eats? drinks? All input would be most welcome! :smile:

The Klement's sausage and hot dog products are very good. You can also purchase a bottle of the SportsService Secret Stadium Sauce at the gift shop in the left field corner. As for getting to Miller Park, I presume you will approach the ballpark on I-94 from the east. The exit to Miller Park Way is a very tricky left exit ramp so you want to navigate that carefully.

ComiskeyBrewer
06-19-2007, 12:14 AM

Tailgate if you can. If there is one thing Milwaukee baseball fans are known for, it's tailgating. If you are gonna tailgate, i recommend getting there 2-3 hours early. There are outdoor bathrooms near the general parking lot(the sausage house near the bridge by the Miller Lot) and in helfair field for Preferred Parking. Preferred Parking is only worth it(IMO) if the game's gonna be a sellout. I would also recommend hitting up some Brats(if ya like em) or another kind of sausage with the Secret Sauce, it's great. Walk around the stadium if you want, the viewpoints are great. Friday's in the left field area is alright, and you can watch the game as you eat(usually not too much of a wait if you get there as the game starts). As for getting there, it's a little tricky, but not too bad. As you approach from the east(on I-94) just stay in the left hand lane till you exit onto Miller park way, then make your way to the right two lanes(quickly, as the exit is pretty close), as they will get you into the park. General Parking is $7, Preferred is $15. As for seats, they are all pretty good, except for Bernie's Terrace(you can only see 1/2 the field) and the Field level bleachers outside of the first 6 rows. You can bring in any beverages you want(N/A of course) as long as they are factory sealed and in plastic bottles. Here's a map of the parking lot, incase you need it.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/images/ballpark/parking_lot_map_581x800.gif

MeteorsSox4367
06-19-2007, 09:56 AM
When you get to Miller Park, look to the west where the kids' ballfield is and bow. That's where County Stadium was. I just like Miller Park a lot. I sat in the mezzanine level for a Pirates' game a few years ago and the view was phenomenal.

The Brewers' gift shop in the left-field corner has some cool stuff and the Friday's is OK to eat in as well. Plus, the Brewers still have Bernie's slide in left field.

Milwaukee and Miller Park are worth the annual trip every summer.

CPditka
06-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Sausage w/ secret sauce for sure. I also recommend the nacho bowls with chicken. Not your typical ballpark nacho.

I really enjoy this park.

credefan24
06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
You have to try the New Glarus Spotted Cow Beer. It's amazing. Love it!

Also, when I went, I parked pretty far away, up this hill in a lot. Then, when I left, I was able to make a left out of the lot, and found this little enterence to 94East, back to Chicago. Cant' tell you streets or anything, but when you pull into the parking lot at miller park, keep going past all the lots in front of the stadium until you hit the viaduct. then make a right.

SOXfnNlansing
06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Let us know how the experience was. I was thinking about going up there sometime to see the Brew Crew play some national league team.

ComiskeyBrewer
06-20-2007, 01:27 AM
A Ben Sheet CG Victory, nice game to go to. Did you enjoy yourself?

skobabe8
06-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Miller Park is great and I desperately want to get back there this summer. The Uecker seats are worth the money!

kaufsox
06-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey Everybody!

Thanks for all of the great input about Miller Park. Best suggestion: Secret Sauce! Made the two brats extraordinary. Also the parking tip about the being near the viaduct almost paid off, except we lost the car.:rolleyes:
I must say the sight lines were great and I really liked how close we were to the field, a very intimate park. Also kudos to the concourse design with the wide patio-like areas and circular vending areas. I could stand a few more aisle vendors, but I kibble. A great venue, got to see a good game, and boo Barry Bonds. It was awesome in the 9th, he hit a ball to right, a sure single, and was thrown out at first because he literally cannot run. I thought I might pass this on as well: the Brewers and Summerfest are doing a joint offer where for $25 you get to go to a game and the festival on the same day. I'm sure the seats aren't the greatest, but it would be a very fun day in Milwaukee. May I suggest going to see The Gufs when they play Summerfest? A very good friend of mine plays bass in the band and they are quite good. Anyway, thanks again and I will be going back.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Bulls_Fan
06-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself at Miller Park. I have been to a ton of games and there really isn't a bad seat in the house (have never sat in Bernies Terrace). From start-to-finish I have always enjoyed my time at the ballpark.

Tailgating is essential. I would save money and park in General Parking. The tailgaters around you are fun and will share their beer and food with you. I was going to go to a game this weekend (they have a Negro hat give-a-way on Saturday).

For people who want to see some good NL baseball you should really get out to Miller Park. Best seats in the house are the 100-103 section bleachers in right field. There is literally a bathroom 20 feet away and there are two concession stands right next to the sections.

ComiskeyBrewer
06-21-2007, 01:04 AM
there really isn't a bad seat in the house (have never sat in Bernies Terrace).

Bernie's Terrace sucks big time, you only see 1/2 of the field due to bernie's house right next to you.. If you buy those seats($5 seats for anybody who doesn't know), just walk around and stand in the concourse(or sit at one of the tables behind the loge level bleachers).

MUsoxfan
06-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Bernie's Terrace sucks big time, you only see 1/2 of the field due to bernie's house right next to you.. If you buy those seats($5 seats for anybody who doesn't know), just walk around and stand in the concourse(or sit at one of the tables behind the loge level bleachers).

They may not be great, but they're $5 seats to a MLB game. Suck it up:cool:

ComiskeyBrewer
06-21-2007, 05:02 AM
They may not be great, but they're $5 seats to a MLB game. Suck it up:cool:

$5 to get in the door of a Major League baseball game is fine by me. Especially with the sight lines at MP.

CHISOXFAN13
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I'll be there Tuesday night to support my National League team of choice.

It will be my second trip to Miller Park this year, but my first to see the Brewers!

ilsox7
06-22-2007, 01:27 PM
My one game at Miller Park was quite a disappointment. We actually sat in some Miller seats and the site lines were absolutely awful. We angled so that we looked directly at right field from our seats about 6 rows up at the cut of the infield on the 3rd base side. Overall, I thought Miller Park rated poorly compared to other newer stadiums. I will, however, give it another chance, maybe later this year.

redsand22
06-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I need to get to Miller soon! My last trip to another teams ballpark was in 2005 White Sox vs Yanks in NY, then White Sox vs Red in Fenway. I'd love for them to throw that east coast trip back in.