PDA

View Full Version : Rewind Momemt

getonbckthr
06-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Had this discussion at a family party sunday with my dad, uncles and cousins. If you could rewind 10 years (or whatever it was), knowing what you know now would you consider giving back the title in 2005 for the possibility of multiple titles with having Bonds/Clemens opposed to Belle/Navarro? According to rumors we had contracts for both Barry and Albert and it was up to Thomas on who he wanted batting 4th behind him. Also rumor is we passed on Rocket fearing he was getting old and ready to start losing it and chose Navarro instead. Please no, why talk about this its impossible responses. Its just a waste of time and space.

WhiteSox5187
06-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Had this discussion at a family party sunday with my dad, uncles and cousins. If you could rewind 10 years (or whatever it was), knowing what you know now would you consider giving back the title in 2005 for the possibility of multiple titles with having Bonds/Clemens opposed to Belle/Navarro? According to rumors we had contracts for both Barry and Albert and it was up to Thomas on who he wanted batting 4th behind him. Also rumor is we passed on Rocket fearing he was getting old and ready to start losing it and chose Navarro instead. Please no, why talk about this its impossible responses. Its just a waste of time and space.
Meh. Hind sight is always twenty-twenty. We won the title in 2005 I don't want to stop and think about what might have been in 1997. It happened, it's over.

Boondock Saint
06-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Its just a waste of time and space.

That about says it all for the topic. Would I give up the Sox' 05 title for a shot at having had more? Hell no. To do so would be stupid and greedy.

getonbckthr
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
That about says it all for the topic. Would I give up the Sox' 05 title for a shot at having had more? Hell no. To do so would be stupid and greedy.
Thats what I felt as well but I was just curious as to what other Sox fans felt.