PDA

View Full Version : Sox hotel in Tampa?

SOXfnNlansing
06-18-2007, 04:46 PM
We're going down for the Tampa/Sox game next week and my sister (lives down there) has it narrowed down to 3 possible hotels the team is staying in. I thought there may be someone here who would be able to let me know what hotel the team stays in when they go to TB. It would be great to hang out, get autographs and some photos. My son is a big fan too!

jenn2080
06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Not sure, but after last year I can see why they would try to keep that private.

ChiSox524
06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Last years media guide says the Sox stay at the Renaissance vinoy resort, but they may have changed it.

ChiSoxGirl
06-18-2007, 10:36 PM
We're going down for the Tampa/Sox game next week and my sister (lives down there) has it narrowed down to 3 possible hotels the team is staying in. I thought there may be someone here who would be able to let me know what hotel the team stays in when they go to TB. It would be great to hang out, get autographs and some photos. My son is a big fan too!

I'm glad you started this thread; I was going to start a "Who's Going to Tampa?" thread tonight.

What games will you be going to? I'm flying in on Tuesday afternoon and plan on going to the game that night, and will likely go again on Wednesday (I haven't bought any tickets yet), but will probably skip Thursday's game. Maybe we can meet up in the ballpark before the game or something....

Since your sister lives down there, you probably know of some things to do in the Tampa/St. Pete area that you could share with a fellow Sox fan. :wink: Or if anyone else could possibly help me out, I'd appreciate it! I'm staying in St. Pete Beach at a beach front resort that I found accidentally through united.com for a complete steal, and have rented a car. I'm pretty much up for anything.

Last years media guide says the Sox stay at the Renaissance vinoy resort, but they may have changed it.

This is still the correct information, but open your wallet because it's $200/night! :o:

ChiSox524
06-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Not sure, but after last year I can see why they would try to keep that private.

What happened last year?

peelwonder
06-19-2007, 11:03 AM
The way they are playing they should make them stay at Motel 6.

Dibbs
06-19-2007, 11:14 AM
The Vinoy in St Petersburg is probably where they are staying. I doubt they would stay in Tampa.

jenn2080
06-19-2007, 11:21 AM
The way they are playing they should make them stay at Motel 6.

No one deserves that. After staying at one in Pitt I would not wish that on anyone.

SOXfnNlansing
06-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm glad you started this thread; I was going to start a "Who's Going to Tampa?" thread tonight.

What games will you be going to? I'm flying in on Tuesday afternoon and plan on going to the game that night, and will likely go again on Wednesday (I haven't bought any tickets yet), but will probably skip Thursday's game. Maybe we can meet up in the ballpark before the game or something....

Since your sister lives down there, you probably know of some things to do in the Tampa/St. Pete area that you could share with a fellow Sox fan. :wink: Or if anyone else could possibly help me out, I'd appreciate it! I'm staying in St. Pete Beach at a beach front resort that I found accidentally through united.com for a complete steal, and have rented a car. I'm pretty much up for anything.

This is still the correct information, but open your wallet because it's $200/night! :o:

I'm going to the Tuesday night game. My sister and her husband are going to all 4 games and are buying all the tickets Monday night. Ticket master charges too much to buy in advance, but they're averaging 8k/game during the week, so the tickets are going to be sweet. My sister lives on the other side of the state so I really don't know what there is to do in TB. I'm flying in Tuesday on SWA at 140pm and going straight to the hotel. I'm just crashing in their room for the night. We're coming back Wednesday afternoon. Maybe we can have a beer in the 4th inning or something :bandance:

SOXfnNlansing
06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
called the hotel in St Petersburg, the Devil Rays, the White Sox, and can't get any info on where they're staying. It's a shame that a fan can't follow his team on the road and make a real nice experience out of the trip!

jenn2080
06-19-2007, 01:53 PM
called the hotel in St Petersburg, the Devil Rays, the White Sox, and can't get any info on where they're staying. It's a shame that a fan can't follow his team on the road and make a real nice experience out of the trip!

It is not really a shame when you look at the big picture. The players cannot even enjoy dinner without some fools interrupting their dinner for an autograph or a picture. Or they are unable to walk around the hotel without fans sitting their and stalking them. Grown people do not need to be standing outside of a hotel waiting for a player to come out to get a picture autographed to sell. Why can't the players enjoy their time too? I was in Minn and saw the same group of people sitting in front of the hotel before the game, after the game and before I went out that night. If they players do not sign or take a picture they are *******s. Cinci and Pittsburgh last year were prime examples why the players may want some privacy.

whitesoxwilkes
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM

Follow your team on the field at the ballpark. Don't hound them during their off time.

SOXfnNlansing
06-19-2007, 02:00 PM
It is not really ashame when you look at the big picture. The players cannot even enjoy dinner without some fools interrupting their dinner for an autograph or a picture. Or they are unable to walk around the hotel without fans sitting their and stalking them. Grown people do not need to be standing outside of a hotel waiting for a player to come out to get a picture autographed to sell. Why can't the players enjoy their time too? I was in Minn and saw the same group of people sitting in front of the hotel before the game, after the game and before I went out that night. If they players do not sign or take a picture they are *******s. Cinci and Pittsburgh last year were prime examples why the players may want some privacy.

we stayed with the in KC and Minnesota a few years ago and it was really pleasant and not alot of people. TB, KC, small market games are the ones we go to because you can really take little time away from the team because there aren't alot of fans that are going to go there. I'm just saying it's a shame that it's changed the past few years is all. I'd say 99% of fans aren't ignorant and are not going to bother the team when they're eating dinner/breakfast. Usually the team leaves as a whole and there is about 15 minutes before the bus comes and the team just hangs out in the lobby. That is a good time to just mingle around with them. They really don't mind if you'd ask them.

ChiSoxGirl
06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm going to the Tuesday night game. My sister and her husband are going to all 4 games and are buying all the tickets Monday night. Ticket master charges too much to buy in advance, but they're averaging 8k/game during the week, so the tickets are going to be sweet. My sister lives on the other side of the state so I really don't know what there is to do in TB. I'm flying in Tuesday on SWA at 140pm and going straight to the hotel. I'm just crashing in their room for the night. We're coming back Wednesday afternoon. Maybe we can have a beer in the 4th inning or something :bandance:

Thanks for the information about the small crowds during the week. I would imagine I could get a pretty good seat if I buy my tickets day of game then....

I'm flying TED out of ORD on Tuesday, get in at 1p, and am heading down to St. Pete Beach to my hotel for a few hours before going to the ballpark.

I'll hold you to that beer in the 4th inning! I'll PM you this weekend or early next week.