PDA

View Full Version : For those who Are Feeling Down, check the link

kruzer31
06-18-2007, 03:05 PM
We may be treading water here in 2007 but they can never take away 2005. Just reminds me of how HARD it is to go all the way. I still love this team and watch them every day.

http://www.bluefoot.tv/espn1/

Jeff

sox1970
06-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Good times.

cleanwsox
06-18-2007, 03:18 PM
More PIE!

:smile:

MDF3530
06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.planetshwoop.com/blog/archives/ditka001a-thumb.jpg"The past is for cowards and losers!"

06-18-2007, 03:26 PM
That was alot of fun.

If any of us would have been asked in 2004 to trade stinking for 2 of the next 3 seasons for a championship in 2005, noone would have turned it down.

Win 100 or lose 100, I'll keep following. We'll be back there. Hopefully sooner than later.

jabrch
06-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Remember what Ditka says about the past?

I loved 2005, and can't wait for our next Championship!

Law11
06-18-2007, 03:31 PM
My buddy is on that video. He's the one in the black Sox golf shirt in the upper deck shot for like 5 seconds as the video slow mo's on him. as the sox win it. I roared when I saw this video opening night.

Cat Thief might recogize him...

Boondock Saint
06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
That was alot of fun.

If any of us would have been asked in 2004 to trade stinking for 2 of the next 3 seasons for a championship in 2005, noone would have turned it down.

Win 100 or lose 100, I'll keep following. We'll be back there. Hopefully sooner than later.

****ing right, we would have. Great post.

MDF3530
06-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Remember what Ditka says about the past?I do :D: !

http://www.planetshwoop.com/blog/archives/ditka001a-thumb.jpg"The past is for cowards and losers!"

sox1970
06-18-2007, 03:40 PM
There's no question the current state of the Sox hurts a lot less because of what happened in 2005.

Cuck the Fubs
06-18-2007, 03:48 PM
When I bring up the 05' Series my Cub fan buddies say I am living in the past.

My response is I was there, I SAW my team win a World Series.

That makes 2007 easier to swallow:smile:

DoItForDanPasqua
06-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Bless you kind sir for posting that link. After years of abject misery, I would have made a deal before the 2005 season that, if they could win the World Series, just once, I would be happy and never be greedy and ask for another. Of course as soon as the parade was over I wanted another one, but that's beside the point.

My favorite line is "it is so much sweeter for how long it had been; so much sweeter for all the pain." You have to suffer through seasons like this current one to appreciate years like 2005. All the pain from years of losing baseball was a small price to pay for the glory of that one year. We need to stick with this team, so when they win it again, and they will, we can enjoy it to its fullest.

MDF3530
06-18-2007, 04:07 PM
There's no question the current state of the Sox hurts a lot less because of what happened in 2005.
It actually aggravates me even more, knowing how far they've gone downhill from the apex of 2005.

Mr. White Sox
06-18-2007, 04:16 PM
It actually aggravates me even more, knowing how far they've gone downhill from the apex of 2005.

It hurts in the present, but I still have my memories of jumping up and down in my dorm while the rest of the Brewers-fan hall looked on in curiosity. Go Sox!

Noneck
06-18-2007, 04:41 PM
What happens now or in the future, good or bad, will always have less of an impact on me because of "05.

06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I admit, and I even think I started a thread in 2005 asking would you give up the next 5 years to see a WS in 2005...I said yes I would...give up the future for the present...we got bite by the injury bug this year...Pods, Erstad, Crede, losing Thome for 2 weeks....it happens....what hurts is that this was our last year with some of the core players we had in 2005 to make another run...to lose because were rebuilding is one thing, to lose because of injury and players not playing to their potential is hard to swallow. Thats baseball though...part of the fun of it is rooting for your team even though they are down. Watching young players develope into studs...and going for it again....

Mr.1Dog
06-18-2007, 04:45 PM
What happens now or in the future, good or bad, will always have less of an impact on me because of "05.

As sweet as it was, I have tasted the good life and want more of it. If I have to wait a while more for it, fine. I can't just have one title and be happy. Give me more because 1 won't do.

06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I admit, and I even think I started a thread in 2005 asking would you give up the next 5 years to see a WS in 2005...I said yes I would...give up the future for the present...we got bite by the injury bug this year...Pods, Erstad, Crede, losing Thome for 2 weeks....it happens....what hurts is that this was our last year with some of the core players we had in 2005 to make another run...to lose because were rebuilding is one thing, to lose because of injury and players not playing to their potential is hard to swallow. Thats baseball though...part of the fun of it is rooting for your team even though they are down. Watching young players develope into studs...and going for it again....

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54084

Walker29
06-18-2007, 04:59 PM
The Sox winning it all in 2005 was the greatest sports moment of my life. But it wasn't just the World Series it was being able to enjoy a baseball season from beginning to end for the first time. If the "good guys" don't get it together quick, the worst part for me will not be missing out on another World Championship but rather watching meaningless baseball in August and September.

BeviBall!
06-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I remember how stoked I was on 3/31/06. About as indifferent as I am today. :(:

ws05champs
06-18-2007, 05:30 PM
to lose because of . . . players not playing to their potential is hard to swallow.

That is the aggravating part for me. The 2005 team won because they played to their full potential. We did not have superstars on that team. This year too many of our players for one reason or another just can't seem to get it together.

getonbckthr
06-18-2007, 05:37 PM
4Z0h_c9eH-8
You tue help please. Yes i'm a youtube idiot.

MarySwiss
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
That was alot of fun.

Yep! Actually, I was talking to a Tigers fan (nice kid) at work last week about how much we are sucking this year and--forgetting that he is a Tigers fan--I said, "well, no matter what; we will always have the 2005 magic to remember." He said he wishes he could feel that way.

I still absolutely refuse to give up on this season yet, but if we cannot win it again this year, I hope it's either the Tigers or Indians (but NOT the Twins!)

MarySwiss
06-18-2007, 06:25 PM
When I bring up the 05' Series my Cub fan buddies say I am living in the past.

My response is I was there, I SAW my team win a World Series.

That makes 2007 easier to swallow:smile:
Well, what ELSE can they say? At least you have a past to live in. :D:

pudge
06-19-2007, 02:04 AM
He said he wishes he could feel that way.

What, 1984 wasn't enough for him?

bryPt
06-19-2007, 07:01 AM
best thing ESPN has ever done, except for showing one lady praying like she was a cub fan or something.

Don't forget to snag it out of your temp internet files to keep it forever.

nsolo
06-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Yep! Actually, I was talking to a Tigers fan (nice kid) at work last week about how much we are sucking this year and--forgetting that he is a Tigers fan--I said, "well, no matter what; we will always have the 2005 magic to remember." He said he wishes he could feel that way.

I still absolutely refuse to give up on this season yet, but if we cannot win it again this year, I hope it's either the Tigers or Indians (but NOT the Twins!)

I live in Michigan, and it seems everybody is a Tigers fan, and if not, they root for the "cubbies". Sox fans are hard to find. I agree, I'll take the Tigers over the Twins.

2005 was magic. The night we won it all, at 50 years old, I cried like a baby. Having suffered through some teams in the 70's that would make our current team seem great, it was a cleansing validation for sticking with the White Sox.

That same night, I cranked up AC/DC Thunder on the stereo and my wife and I were hooting and hollering on the front lawn. The neighbors called the cops. When they arrived, we told our story and the cop shook my hand, told me to hold it down and to have a great night.

Thanks for this thread. 2005 eases a lot of this years pain. More than a bunch of great players, we were a great team. This includes the fans, you loved those guys more than I think the players understood.

The highlight of the series to me was Pods walk-off homer. It still brings shivers to me to imagine the feeling he felt when rounding the bases. I spoke to a lucky soul who attended that game and he stated that the roar of the crowd was deafening.

The season was a dream season. No matter the score that year, I always felt the game was within our grasp. On the field, we were ruthless. Thanks guys, for letting me experience something I wondered if I would ever get to see.

nsolo
06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
The Sox winning it all in 2005 was the greatest sports moment of my life. But it wasn't just the World Series it was being able to enjoy a baseball season from beginning to end for the first time. If the "good guys" don't get it together quick, the worst part for me will not be missing out on another World Championship but rather watching meaningless baseball in August and September.

Sorry to disagree, but even when we suck, when its a beautiful summer night at the Cell, a cold one in hand, it beats the heck out of the dark and cold winters nights. Its always better to win, but on those kinds of nights, baseball continues to prove to me that its more than a game.

veeter
06-19-2007, 08:42 AM
There's no question the current state of the Sox hurts a lot less because of what happened in 2005.No doubt about it.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Thank you for that, Kruzer31. I'm sitting at my computer all teary.

"The past is never dead, it's not even past". William Faulkner

cheezheadsoxfan
06-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Sorry to disagree, but even when we suck, when its a beautiful summer night at the Cell, a cold one in hand, it beats the heck out of the dark and cold winters nights. Its always better to win, but on those kinds of nights, baseball continues to prove to me that its more than a game.

Well said.

AaronRowandFan33
06-20-2007, 01:17 PM
that video never ever, ever, ever gets old.

I absolutely love everything about it...

I still remember where I was, and who I was with, watching the ESPN broadcast on opening night early last year. It was unexpected, and probably sweeter because of it.

The first words "couldn't have happened to a better man"? That felt like a personal thank you, to me, for being a Sox fan.

I'm sitting here at work, 1,500 miles away from downtown, in Phoenix Arizona, at 11 am, nearly 2 years later, and my eyes STILL get a little moist from the quiet joy of watching that video...

The fall of 2005 was a time in my life that I'll never ever forget, for many reasons. And to be able to get that nostalgic feeling, remembering what it felt like to watch that White Sox team win day after day. And wondering, around the all-star break, just how far they could take their season.

In the second half, truely believing that they could win it all, but still not wanting to get my hopes up too high. (after watching my friends who are Cub fans and Giants fans have their heart torn out right in front of me over the past few years)

That video says everything about what it felt like to be a lifelong White Sox fan in the summer and fall of 2005. As well as how we felt in the offseason and beginning of 2006.

In my eyes, it's perfect...

spiffie
06-20-2007, 01:19 PM
best thing ESPN has ever done, except for showing one lady praying like she was a cub fan or something.

I was there when Konerko came up to bat in Game 2 of the World Series, and there were a whole lot of people talking to whatever they think is upstairs just before that at-bat.

cws05champ
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Awsome....I still get teary eyed. :whiner:

I was fortunate enough to go to game 1 of the WS...I got chills many times that night(and not from the cold).

kruzer31
06-21-2007, 12:35 AM
If anyone is wondering what the song is it is called Wrapped in My Memory by Shawn Smith, it is on Itunes, Limewire, or Myspace music

Jeff

nysox35
06-21-2007, 01:25 AM
It's true, no one can ever take 2005 away from us. Even though I'm relatively young (26), we had the kind of history that made me wonder if I'd ever see a championship. It was an absolute thrill to see one, especially in a year where no one outside of our organization and fans expected much from us.

Last year hurt pretty bad. This year is pretty painful too, on a different level. It looks like our window with the current core has just about closed. That makes me and many of you here disappointed, mad, sad. The thing is though, we will rise up again.

We had our time on top of the mountain, and now we're back down in the trenches. The thing is, we're used to that as Sox fans. We just need a readjustment in attitude.
It's not to say we shouldn't expect the best, but we have to get back to the workmanlike attitude we have always had in the past.

Someone has said it better than me, but that 2005 team embodied true grit, passion, hard work and teamwork. I was lucky enough to attend Game 2 and it was the thrill of a lifetime. I will probably never attend a better game live. For that, I am truly grateful.

I'm not quite giving up on our guys for the year, though I am pretty close (In terms of my expectations and hopes). I agree with others who have said 2005 takes some of the sting out of such thoughts. Right here in my room, I have a World Series DVD, Sox Pride DVD, and the full Box set with World Series games and ALDS and ALCS clinchers. That right there is some quality viewing!

Anyway, I just want to say that this video brought back a lot of happy memories. I live in NYC and was at a bar with some law school friends the night we won it all. No one else really cared, but people saw how happy I was and my friends were truly happy for me. Some Yankee fans began trash talking me about how I should enjoy it now and told me how many titles they have (26). I said, that's great, but I never thought I'd see this in my life and no one can ever take it away.
I can say without hesitation that was one of the best days of my life!

Thanks again for posting this and for all you fellow Sox fans who are sharing your thoughts back to that great year.