PDA

View Full Version : minor league salaries

ChiSoxFan7
06-17-2007, 01:55 PM
So i was wondering how much money do A or AA players make

and

how much do the people recently draft make in the much later rounds?

just some ball park figures would be helpful

thanks

Paulwny
06-17-2007, 02:59 PM
It's located in the link.

http://www.angelfire.com/vt/prospectwatch/index10.html

TDog
06-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't know how up-to-date this is, but I have read that for the first contract season, a player makes a maximum of $1,100 a month. That is only for the months played. After that, it is open to negotiation. Meal money, I think, is $20 a day on the road. Players used to apply saved meal money to supplement their incomes, but I don't know how possible that is anymore.

If players are called up to the major league team, they make the prorated major league minimum, which was $300,000 a season the last I looked.

Draft order doesn't apply to salaries. However, high draft picks are likely to demand large signing bonuses. When players have signing clauses contracts demanding to be brought up to the major leagues at a certain point , it is often not as much about ego as it is about money.

Mr. White Sox
06-17-2007, 04:34 PM
what about someone on a major-league contract who is optioned back to the minors? Let's say you hypothetically stupidly sign some 18 year old Joe to a 20 year, $200 million deal and he sucks in his first year in the majors. If you send him down to AAA, does he still make his major-league money?

Daver
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
what about someone on a major-league contract who is optioned back to the minors? Let's say you hypothetically stupidly sign some 18 year old Joe to a 20 year, $200 million deal and he sucks in his first year in the majors. If you send him down to AAA, does he still make his major-league money?

Yes, MLB contracts are guaranteed. That is why teams are wary of signing draft picks to major league contracts.