PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "That's a White Sox winner!" 6/16/07 Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
06-16-2007, 08:31 PM
OUT! OUT! A WHITE SOX WINNER!! AND, well, not exactly a world championship. BUT WE'LL TAKE IT!

:supernana:

chisoxfan83
06-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gulp:

dakuda
06-16-2007, 08:32 PM
About darn time.

letsgosox1592
06-16-2007, 08:34 PM
its about time

Viva Medias B's
06-16-2007, 08:34 PM
"Let's go-go-go White Sox, we're with you all the way..."

Soxworldchamps
06-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow, I'm going to have to get used to hearing the words "White Sox" and "win" in the same sentence, not accompanied by "not."

Bucky F. Dent
06-16-2007, 08:35 PM
:gulp:
I thought we might need a few of those insurance runs when Ozzie brought Bukvich in for the ninth, and then he gave up that long first out. Glad to have been proven wrong.

Still a couple of guys swinging the bat without the requisite authority. But a win is a win!

getonbckthr
06-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Mark stops the bleeding again but still ain't worth 17 million a year.

veeter
06-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Vintage Buehrle. This is why I hate to think of trading him. At the same time, this team is in such a strange transitional stage, it might be the right thing. I'm glad I'm not Kenny. This team CAN actually hit doubles. Nice win.

hose
06-16-2007, 08:41 PM
"high five"

Cellview22
06-16-2007, 08:44 PM
"much success"

Scottiehaswheels
06-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Potentially pick up a game on everyone in front of us tonight as well...

vegyrex
06-16-2007, 08:47 PM
They're now 8 games under .500 !!!

The march to .500 begins today!! :bandance:

veeter
06-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Props to Josh on the long home run. He's going to hit a lot of them. He does need to take 500 grounders a day at third, though. He seems like the kind of guy that will work very hard to get better.

DumpJerry
06-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Pinch me.

Brian26
06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Fields didn't have any errors tonight, but he flat-out missed two balls that he should have had. However, he looked nice at the plate, so it's hard to be negative.

Nice work by Bukvich in the 9th.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I remember this feeling!!!:bandance:Let's take the series tomorrow.

soxfanatlanta
06-16-2007, 08:51 PM

He was hit pretty hard, but luckily right at somebody.

Props to MB for giving a very solid 8 IP.

RockJock07
06-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Games like tonight remind me, and hopefully others, that Mark needs to be a member of this team for 3-4 years longer. If Kenny does end up trading him, he better get a stud middle infielder. I remember when the Marlins traded Beckett to the Red Sox and got Hanley Ramirez in return. If Kenny could get something like that and maybe some more establised bullpen help that would be the only reason I see Kenny could trade Mark

As far as today's game, it was probably the best the White Sox have played in 15 or 20 games. For every routine play Fields boots, he comes back and makes the tough one. His eye at the plate is also pretty solid, hit swings hard when needed. Joe Crede will never play for the Sox again. Solid win, but they need to build on it!

Lastly, is Erstad going to be activated tomorrow?

CLR01
06-16-2007, 09:15 PM
A Sox victory? It's like Christmas. :supernana:

Scottiehaswheels
06-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Just read some of the postgame stuff... Sounds like today's game was the 2nd sellout of the season for the Buc's... I'm sure the 3 games last year were prolly sellouts too... Bet they like seeing us come to town if for no other reason we seem to draw a crowd out there..

PeteWard
06-16-2007, 09:22 PM
And we moved ahead of Baltimore for the wild card.

A major hurdle.:D:

RowanDye
06-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Wooooohoooooo! <cavernous echo>

mjmcend
06-16-2007, 09:33 PM
A Sox victory? It's like Christmas. :supernana:

They both only come once a year?

kitekrazy
06-16-2007, 09:36 PM
And we moved ahead of Baltimore for the wild card.

A major hurdle.:D:

Also moved up a game in the division.

tacosalbarojas
06-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Buehrle 101 in session.

oeo
06-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Fields didn't have any errors tonight, but he flat-out missed two balls that he should have had. However, he looked nice at the plate, so it's hard to be negative.

Something he can get better at with practice/experience. I don't think he'll be a bad defender. He has a strong and accurate arm, hopefully he works hard to get his fielding up to par.

Eventually luck has to start going our way, I'd think. :dunno:

We've had about zero luck when it comes to the bullpen. Sure they've been bad, but at the same time it's like bloop and infield hits that kill us. And I'll take anything positive from the bullpen. They worked a 1-2-3 ninth today, build on that tomorrow and start getting some confidence back.

ChiSoxGirl
06-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Writing my TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3405) is so much more fun to do when the Sox play like we expect them to! :bandance:

soxwon
06-16-2007, 10:13 PM
so it took buehrle 8 attempts to win 100, now he wins 2 in a row!!!

so is the streak of starting pitchers going atleast 6 still going?
it was at 30 last time i looked.

nedlug
06-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Games like this (even against subpar teams), along with the fact that Pods and Ersty could be coming back soon, make me think the Sox could yet make up this 9.5 game deficit...

sox1970
06-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Games like this (even against subpar teams), along with the fact that Pods and Ersty could be coming back soon, make me think the Sox could yet make up this 9.5 game deficit...

Have another one.

Hitmen77
06-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Didn't see the game tonight, but glad to hear that Fields had his second multi-hit game in a row.

If he's ready to hit well against major league pitching - that's a huge boost for the Sox. It won't get us to the postseason this year, but it would be a big plus for us going into next year.

...and of course, we'll have to see how well he improves defensively too.

StillMissOzzie
06-16-2007, 11:25 PM
so it took buehrle 8 attempts to win 100, now he wins 2 in a row!!!

so is the streak of starting pitchers going atleast 6 still going?
it was at 30 last time i looked.
No, I know that Danks only went 4.2 in his last start, and I think Contreras also didn't last very long in his last start.
Nice to get a W...now how about 2 in a row and taking the first series in a LONG time.

SMO

JB98
06-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Props to MB for giving a very solid 8 IP.

Yeah, there were a couple hard hit balls off Bukvich, but you know what? He came in and pounded the strike zone with a five-run lead. That's something we need to see more regularly. There is no defense for a walk. If you throw a strike and they hit it hard, maybe someone will be there to catch it.

Scottiehaswheels
06-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, there were a couple hard hit balls off Bukvich, but you know what? He came in and pounded the strike zone with a five-run lead. That's something we need to see more regularly. There is no defense for a walk. If you throw a strike and they hit it hard, maybe someone will be there to catch it.No doubt. I wish/hope all our BP guys realize there is something called a defense behind them. Great hitters are good 3 times out of 10. They're perfect though when you throw everything out of the strike zone. Seems they may have forgotten they don't have to be perfect, just need to throw strikes for the love of everything holy.

HotelWhiteSox
06-17-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty down on some of this coaching/front office staff, but it's not unheard of to go on a Yankee like run for a week or two. We have better pitching (a big factor), bullpens I'd call a wash, their huge thing has been their offense, obviously ours doesn't care, but we have the talent from last year that produced an offensive that was top tier in the league. They had some guys just turn it around on offense out of nowhere, why not us, **** it, this team is driving me nuts but I still believe.

Or maybe this is just a side effect from not seeing a win in so damn long.

WhiteSox5187
06-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Look out AL Central! Here come the Sox!

oeo
06-17-2007, 01:14 AM
I'm pretty down on some of this coaching/front office staff, but it's not unheard of to go on a Yankee like run for a week or two. We have better pitching (a big factor), bullpens I'd call a wash, their huge thing has been their offense, obviously ours doesn't care, but we have the talent from last year that produced an offensive that was top tier in the league. They had some guys just turn it around on offense out of nowhere, why not us, **** it, this team is driving me nuts but I still believe.

Or maybe this is just a side effect from not seeing a win in so damn long.

Where did you pull this crap from? I've heard only good things about how much effort they've been putting in trying to get better, it just hasn't happened.

itsnotrequired
06-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Writing my TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3405) is so much more fun to do when the Sox play like we expect them to! :bandance:

Needs more rhymes, images or general nonsense.

:D:

LongLiveFisk
06-17-2007, 08:33 AM
38 posts for a (lately) rare White Sox winner....I guess it is more fun to gripe but I thought there'd be a better response...

And did anyone else happen to catch that guy on the Score yesterday (I think his name was Tim Doyle), who basically threw in the towel on the season? Look, I know the play of this team has been disappointing but how in the world do you throw in the towel on June 16th when there are still 3 months of baseball left to play and you're about 9 games back? We've had some injury problems and hopefully we'll get a couple of our guys back soon. I'm not happy either but it's too early to give up on the season. Stranger things have happened. Remember 1983!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Look, I know the play of this team has been disappointing but how in the world do you throw in the towel on June 16th when there are still 3 months of baseball left to play and you're about 9 games back? We've had some injury problems and hopefully we'll get a couple of our guys back soon. I'm not happy either but it's too early to give up on the season. Stranger things have happened. Remember 1983!

Good point. Here's the reason.

Blame the NFL. Today's fans hang on the outcome of each and every game because they've been conditioned to think even 8 losses means you'll miss the playoffs. They have no concept of what 162 games truly is.

The Sox have major problems, starting with the fact that the "A" team hasn't played together since mid-April when Podsednik went down. They have dug themselves a deep hole but I have little doubt the team is capable of far FAR better play than we've seen the last 6 weeks, if only the bench players and minor leaguers weren't getting so much everyday playing time.

It's pretty pathetic to listen to the fans losing their heads. There is no substitute for talent and the Sox have too much talent on the DL for anything we've seen from the '07 Sox to count for much of anything... either for the remainder of this season OR for how the team is built for 2008 and beyond.

Why I bother posting anything this rational inside a postgame thread is beyond me. Now back to the regularly-scheduled ravings of the lunatic fringe...

MarySwiss
06-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Amazing what one little win will do! I woke up this morning actually happy (as opposed to my usual cranky wakeup demeanor).

My brother and I were talking yesterday about the game and about how a nice little run would put us right back in this thing. Granted, one win does not a run make, but ya gotta start it somewhere. :bandance:

cws05champ
06-17-2007, 08:55 AM
For once I wasn't pissed off after watching a Sox game!:bandance:

I want to get back to American league baseball, get Thome back in the lineup and hopefully we can put up good offensive numbers over the next few weeks to claw our way back to respectability. Here's to the Sox at or over .500 by the ASB:gulp:.

balke
06-17-2007, 09:28 AM
I love Buehrle ball. I'm ready for a streak of great starting pitching, decent bullpen pitching, and 4-5 runs a game just to see what happens. This team CAN streak, and I'm hoping they do it before Pods comes back. Then when POds and Erstad are back, hopefully the can just win again, more than they lose.

delben91
06-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Amazing what one little win will do! I woke up this morning actually happy (as opposed to my usual cranky wakeup demeanor).

My brother and I were talking yesterday about the game and about how a nice little run would put us right back in this thing. Granted, one win does not a run make, but ya gotta start it somewhere. :bandance:

I woke up skeptical today. I'll start to get happy if they win again this afternoon. Something actually resembling a winning streak.

This team has so much potential, and it is better than it's played the last 2-3 weeks. I'm just used to a win being followed by 5 losses that I mentally need that second win in a row before I can convince myself that this isn't just the 1 win out of every 10 games that even the worst teams manage.

I'm ridiculous, I know.