PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada?

getonbckthr
06-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm hearing rumors that Baltimore might go into a complete rebuilding process. I know we have discussed the possibility of Tejada in a Sox uniform before, but ask yourself this would you trade Dye straight up for Tejada? How about Burls? Obviously Baltimore won't make those deals but what if we put together a package to get Tejada then use Dye and Burls to refill and perhaps better our system. Not to mention doing that would fix 2 things we will need to address come this winter a SS and a middle of the order threat. Salary wise he will have 2 years and 26 million left on his contract. With Sweeney making the minimum (300k?) their salaries would be roughly 1 million more than the combination of Dye(7)/Uribe(5). What it would take to get Tejada would be interesting but if we could pull either Anderson/Owens throw in Heagar and Getz (sp) it could work because they said they would want MLB ready guys in Return (Anderson replaces FA Patterson) (Haegar is ready). Also maybe if we move Burls to the Mets and get say Milledge and Pelfrey or Hielman in return the trade essentially becomes Burls for Tejada.
I don't know just an idea to try to help this team.

sox1970
06-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't think the Sox like Tejada.

munchman33
06-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't think the Sox like Tejada.

Based on what? I know we've inquired about his availability in the past.

MISoxfan
06-16-2007, 10:34 PM
You don't think Baltimore would trade Tejada straight up for Buehrle?

sox1970
06-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Why would a non-contender like Baltimore want Buehrle for 2 or 3 months?

Tragg
06-16-2007, 10:42 PM
We need young talent.
We have a lot of holes to fill and 13 mill on 1 player makes filling those much harder. Plus, we'd have to give up our prospects and probably a lot of them (they seem to want to rebuild), which leave us with holes to fill.
How's his defense these days? We very well may take a big hit defensively at 3rd and doing so at 3rd and SS would be tough.

MISoxfan
06-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah you're right. I was only thinking in terms of talent.

Sargeant79
06-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't think a trade like that makes much sense for either team.

Dan the Man
06-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Why would a non-contender like Baltimore want Buehrle for 2 or 3 months?
Unless they re-sign him, which would be unlikely. They would have 3 great southpaws with Bedard, Loewen, and Burls.

And isn't Tejada's contract outrageous?

MRM
06-17-2007, 04:39 AM
I'm hearing rumors that Baltimore might go into a complete rebuilding process. I know we have discussed the possibility of Tejada in a Sox uniform before, but ask yourself this would you trade Dye straight up for Tejada? How about Burls?

Yes and Yes. Next question?

MRM
06-17-2007, 04:40 AM

No. That would be stupid for them.

MRM
06-17-2007, 04:42 AM
We need young talent.
We have a lot of holes to fill and 13 mill on 1 player makes filling those much harder.

No way Kenny trades for Tejada w/out cash in return. More like 11mil :D:

MRM
06-17-2007, 04:44 AM
Plus, we'd have to give up our prospects

The question was Dye or Buehrle, not prospects. Besides, the Sox don't HAVE enough prospects to land Tejada.

getonbckthr
06-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Actually the idea was something along the lines of this:
Sox get- Tejada
Balt gets- prospects

Sox get-prospects
team gets -Burls

Sox get-prospects
team gets-Dye

Sox get- prospects
team gets- Uribe

So in the end the prospects we give to Baltimore we get back in the other deals. Tejada replaces Dye in the batting order and Uribe in the field. Sweeney would take Dye's spot in the field and Uribe's in the lineup. Salary wise it's near a wash as far as total team salary for this year and team salary for next year, as Dye+Uribe=around 12 million. Tejada+Sweeney=13.3 million. However the only thing out of that party we have to replace is Burls and you don't have to worry about having to outbid another team for a middle of the order hitter as we have Tejada at a, current market steal, of 2 years 36 million.

balke
06-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Kenny does like Tejada by the way, who doesn't? I remember him specifically mentioning that his ideal team is built around a SS with great power who can field his position, and I believe he even referenced Tejada in that quote.