PDA

View Full Version : Sox sign first round pick

veeter
06-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Per MLB.COM, first rounder Aaron Poreda signed and as is going to advanced rookie Great Falls today.

champagne030
06-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Per MLB.COM, first rounder Aaron Poreda signed and as is going to advanced rookie Great Falls today.

A sliver of light while in the depths of the abyss. :cool:

EMachine10
06-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I thought he, among others, felt he was somewhat advanced and only needed 2 years or so in the minors before being able to contribute. do the sox always start these kids in Rball and then send them up? I kinda got the feeling he'd start out at Kanny

veeter
06-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought he, among others, felt he was somewhat advanced and only needed 2 years or so in the minors before being able to contribute. do the sox always start these kids in Rball and then send them up? I kinda got the feeling he'd start out at KannyI thought so too. He is only 20 y/o, though. I know they started Anderson out there when he first signed. He hit like .388 and was moved up quickly. Only to discover he was actually Damien Omen.

DumpJerry
06-16-2007, 02:38 PM
He'll be a key player in the Marlins' series. (half teal, half deep pink)

Hitmen77
06-16-2007, 03:52 PM
It doesn't matter. Haven't you heard? Our draft pick is destined to flop while the high school player drafted by the Tigers already has a spot reserved for him in Cooperstown.