PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale

Brian26
06-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Anyone else go to the Garage Sale this morning? Wilkes and I went, and I saw BainesHOF there.

It seems like the prices on things are coming down a bit. They had lot of jerseys, but some of the World Series guys were less than they were at Soxfest. Carl Everett's jersey was $150.

They had team media guides for a $1 a piece. They had some really cool framed photos that must have been in the old skybox level/suites before the remodeling.

I picked up a Konerko bat, a Gload bat, and some old yearbooks/media guides.

Frater Perdurabo
06-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Were there any mediocre position players or bullpen pitchers available in the "free" pile?

BainesHOF
06-16-2007, 12:48 PM
It was good to see you Brian.

Yeah, the prices seemed a tad more reasonable this year. I was lucky enough to be able to pick up '06 game-used home jerseys of Dye and Pierzynski. You had to be careful with the jerseys as many were not actually used. The Dye had great use on it and the Pierzynski showed a little. I put back a Podsednik that showed none whatsoever.

Also picked up a Pierzynski helmet, a Dye green St. Patrick's cap and a Konerko BP cap.

There were some really cool old framed photos available, but I passed as there's only so much you can spend and carry.

My best bargain probably was the $5 Tom Paciorek bobblehead.

esbrechtel
06-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a good time...I've always wanted to make the trek, but I'm a poor recent college graduate and it would probably be a terrible idea for me to go and max out my credit cards...

whitesoxwilkes
06-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I picked up Arnie Munoz's Turn Back The Clock uni from the Cubs series last season, a Tim Redding home pinstripe and a Uribe game used bat. Pretty sure Brian's entire front seat is covered in pine tar as a result. :cool:

soxinem1
06-16-2007, 02:44 PM
I picked up Arnie Munoz's Turn Back The Clock uni from the Cubs series last season, a Tim Redding home pinstripe and a Uribe game used bat. Pretty sure Brian's entire front seat is covered in pine tar as a result. :cool:

Wow, that should be a nice rare piece, considering he never pitched for the White Sox!!:smile:

whitesoxwilkes
06-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow, that should be a nice rare piece, considering he never pitched for the White Sox!!:smile:

Exactly why I bought it.

Tim is from my hometown and I thought it would be cool to have.

soxwon
06-16-2007, 03:25 PM

i think i saw you- there was a guy holding a munoz jersey.
i bought 3 media guides and a 2006 yearbook total $5

jdm2662
06-16-2007, 03:29 PM
I got myself a 1993 team video, a replicia 2005 World Series Trophy, and the Sun-Times 2005 World Series magazine. Don't know about the price drop since it was my first time...

whitesoxwilkes
06-16-2007, 04:03 PM
i think i saw you- there was a guy holding a munoz jersey.
i bought 3 media guides and a 2006 yearbook total $5

The one I bought doesn't have his name on it, just #49.

Brian26
06-16-2007, 05:11 PM
My best bargain probably was the $5 Tom Paciorek bobblehead.

I picked up the last Paciorek they had. I subsequently dropped it on the way out, but luckily no damage.

I honestly probably would have bought more of the media guides/publications, but I coudn't carry anything else.

whitesoxwilkes
06-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I picked up the last Paciorek they had. I subsequently dropped it on the way out, but luckily no damage.

I honestly probably would have bought more of the media guides/publications, but I coudn't carry anything else.

In the past I have gone home with a stack of media guides. They don't go over well with Mrs. Wilkes though.

Brian26
06-16-2007, 05:20 PM
In the past I have gone home with a stack of media guides. They don't go over well with Mrs. Wilkes though.

At least they don't look as bad on the credit card statement as the game-used merchandise :D:

kevingrt
06-16-2007, 06:56 PM
I got myself a 1993 team video, a replicia 2005 World Series Trophy, and the Sun-Times 2005 World Series magazine. Don't know about the price drop since it was my first time...

That 1993 VHS is classic. Nothing beats it.

MySoxAreClean
06-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I picked up a Chuck Norris 2005 Autograph baseball. Was great to remember the days When The Ball went toawards the barrel of the bat all the time While on Chucks shoulder and the ball stringing while in the air till their was no more ball.

salty99
06-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Anyone else go to the Garage Sale this morning? Wilkes and I went, and I saw BainesHOF there.

It seems like the prices on things are coming down a bit. They had lot of jerseys, but some of the World Series guys were less than they were at Soxfest. Carl Everett's jersey was $150.

They had team media guides for a $1 a piece. They had some really cool framed photos that must have been in the old skybox level/suites before the remodeling.

So much for "cutting back"

MeteorsSox4367
06-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Found an awesome framed picture of one of the last night games at Old Comiskey for $25. The vantage point is from the roof just to the right of the plate. Way cool. I almost bought a framed Wilbur Wood picture, too.

Also got some WS programs and a 2006 AL Red Book for $1. Then to show what a swell guy I am, I picked up an autographed Jose Valentin picture for my brother.

Once at a game, someone behind us yelled out, "You suck, Mustachio" at Valentin. Since then, my brother laughs his butt off every time he hears that. Well worth the $10.

soxfan80
06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
It was good to see you Brian.

Yeah, the prices seemed a tad more reasonable this year. I was lucky enough to be able to pick up '06 game-used home jerseys of Dye and Pierzynski. You had to be careful with the jerseys as many were not actually used. The Dye had great use on it and the Pierzynski showed a little. I put back a Podsednik that showed none whatsoever.

Also picked up a Pierzynski helmet, a Dye green St. Patrick's cap and a Konerko BP cap.

There were some really cool old framed photos available, but I passed as there's only so much you can spend and carry.

My best bargain probably was the $5 Tom Paciorek bobblehead. Some were "practice" jerseys (they had a week off remember). And the black alternate jerseys were issued by the team, but not worn at all.

I did score a team issued 2007 ST hat that didnt appear to be used by anyone at all for $10. Saved me $20 at lids.

soxfan80
06-17-2007, 11:32 AM
I got myself a 1993 team video, a replicia 2005 World Series Trophy, and the Sun-Times 2005 World Series magazine. Don't know about the price drop since it was my first time...the trophy was overpriced. they're on ebay for less now. although the money goes to charity.

soxfan80
06-17-2007, 11:37 AM
The media guides are great bathroom readers. I was looking for the 2005 WS media guide, but couldnt find it. I did pick up the 2005 Season recap media guide(Looks like it was made during the postseason. SUPER COMPREHENSIVE and rare) and the 2005 MLB playoff media guide(lots of previous playoff info for the whole league).

Andy T Clown
06-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I was there too. I let my kids buy a few things and had to stop myself from getting the Carlos May bobble head. I was talking to Bill Melton and he told me that they were going with the red pinstripes for Turn Back the Clock this year. Has anyone else heard this?

Brian26
06-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I was talking to Bill Melton and he told me that they were going with the red pinstripes for Turn Back the Clock this year. Has anyone else heard this?

What game is this supposed to be for? If they did it for any game, seems like it would have been for 70's Night a few weeks ago.

soxfanreggie
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Always the day before Father's Day?

pdimas
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
I stopped by for a sec and bought one of the 50 framed photos of old comiskey for $50 for the price and size it was a good deal. Its black and white and shows the outsided of the park and the parking lot full of cars. It had to be taken before the 1940's. It is going to look great in our mancave...

jenn2080
06-18-2007, 06:10 PM

:o: That is awesome. :D:

Wsoxmike59
06-19-2007, 07:29 AM
That 1993 VHS is classic. Nothing beats it.

I beg to differ. The 2005 World Series film and the Sox Pride video beats it. :D:

Only because the Sox won the World Series.....otherwise I agree with your statement. The '93 Highlight film is awesome.

Fox-To-Aparicio
06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I picked up a Konerko Batting Helmet, Chris Widger Bat, Pablo Ozuna Bat and a Brian Anderson Bat. I am now one bat away from getting a game used bat from all the position players on the 2005 team.

:D:

Brian26
06-19-2007, 08:24 PM
The '93 Highlight film is awesome.

The best part of that video was the segment they did on This Week in Baseball where they punk'd Kirk McKaskill with the ping pong prank.

Brian26
06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I picked up a Konerko Batting Helmet, Chris Widger Bat, Pablo Ozuna Bat and a Brian Anderson Bat. I am now one bat away from getting a game used bat from all the position players on the 2005 team.

:D:

How quickly before you have those up on Ebay?

I saw that you sold quite a few items from the January garage sale.

soxfanreggie
06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
January and June garage sales? Are they pretty regular about having them twice a year? Now that I don't have to worry about my own sports, my weekends are free, so I would like to attend the next one. I think it's great they're doing this for charity, while Sox fans are able to get pieces of history for a reasonable price.

A. Cavatica
06-20-2007, 10:45 PM
An Uribe jersey is probably worth more than Uribe himself these days.

soxfan80
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
January and June garage sales? Are they pretty regular about having them twice a year? Now that I don't have to worry about my own sports, my weekends are free, so I would like to attend the next one. I think it's great they're doing this for charity, while Sox fans are able to get pieces of history for a reasonable price.One's at Soxfest, and only open to those who have soxfest tickets.
The other one is free to the public in june.
The soxfest garage sale is more game use din nature, while the june one is a little of everything.

soxfanreggie
06-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to head to one. Sox gear + money for Sox Charities = YES!!!!!!