PDA

View Full Version : Sox fan needs advice...

miker
06-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Good news: Because he's the only employee at his workplace who shows up/is sober/doesn't have a felony on his record, my brother is getting the owner's tickets for the Friday, June 22 at U.S. Cellular Field and he's taking me with. My brother is awesome. :D:

Bad news: This season, how shall I say, has really sucked and put me in a bad mood. The fact that this impotent team will probably drop 2 of 3 to the Chicago National League Ball Club next weekend, along with the fact that their ass-clown fans will be extra obnoxious as they take up 50% of our home park during their annual incursion has me a little unsettled. :angry:

Does anyone have any good decompression techniques that don't involve gallons of alcoholic beverages? (My tolerance is way too high for booze to work.) I'd never be the stereotypical "jerk Sox fan" that the Chicago media loves to report about, but I don't want to be set off by some idiot saying something that he and I will both regret later.

Suggestions?

JB98
06-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Good news: Because he's the only employee at his workplace who shows up/is sober/doesn't have a felony on his record, my brother is getting the owner's tickets for the Friday, June 22 at U.S. Cellular Field and he's taking me with. My brother is awesome. :D:

Bad news: This season, how shall I say, has really sucked and put me in a bad mood. The fact that this impotent team will probably drop 2 of 3 to the Chicago National League Ball Club next weekend, along with the fact that their ass-clown fans will be extra obnoxious as they take up 50% of our home park during their annual incursion has me a little unsettled. :angry:

Does anyone have any good decompression techniques that don't involve gallons of alcoholic beverages? (My tolerance is way too high for booze to work.) I'd never be the stereotypical "jerk Sox fan" that the Chicago media loves to report about, but I don't want to be set off by some idiot saying something that he and I will both regret later.

Suggestions?

Don't go to the game. I'm selling my tickets for that weekend.

miker
06-15-2007, 09:32 PM
It's that bad? :(:

Boondock Saint
06-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Advice? Go to the game, have a good time and stop *****ing about it. You've got free tickets for a series that tens of thousands want but can't have.

JB98
06-15-2007, 10:46 PM
It's that bad? :(:

I hate the crosstown series. Just hate it. Maybe you won't.

Viva Medias B's
06-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Don't do that.

JB98
06-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Don't do that.

My mind is made up. I'm selling them. I'll probably make a post in the ticket exchange tomorrow.

DumpJerry
06-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Go to the game. It won't be all that bad. I was at all three games last year at Comiskey and one at The Urinal and there were no problems, even when Barrett got stupid with AJ.

The weather will be nice and you can't beat fun at the 'ole ballpark. I have found after many Crosstown Classic games that Cub fans aren't half as bad as Twins, Tigers or Red Sox fans. Maybe it's because we're all neighbors at the end of the day.

Of course there is always that 1:3,000,000 chance the Sox will win that day.

DrewSox56
06-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Go to the game. It won't be all that bad. I was at all three games last year at Comiskey and one at The Urinal and there were no problems, even when Barrett got stupid with AJ.

The weather will be nice and you can't beat fun at the 'ole ballpark. I have found after many Crosstown Classic games that Cub fans aren't half as bad as Twins, Tigers or Red Sox fans. Maybe it's because we're all neighbors at the end of the day.

What the hel.... Nevermind.

Par for the course this year.

miker
06-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Thanks. That's the kind of optimism I was hoping to hear...
...plus, there's always that 1-in-3 million chance for a win! :rolleyes:

areilly
06-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Two crappy teams playing each other for the scraps of civic pride. It's like 1999 all over again.

Awesome. My advice? Go. Have fun, get into it with some Cub fans, enjoy the weather and capitalize on those excellent seats.

miker
06-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, as some of the more helpful posters had indicated, it really wasn't that bad. I attribute it to being in the country club-like setting of the 100 level and the fact that the game was out of reach early. (Yes Virginia, for this Sox team, an 0-2 deficit puts the game definitely out of reach!)

Most amusing were a couple of things from an otherwise non-amusing game:

There were a couple of Cub-loving kids sitting next to us who cheered loudly when their team did well, but looked very nervous the rest of the time. Not that I want children to feel threatened, but I found their reactions to be funny.
The slack-jawed looks on the players and ground-level security when that fight broke out in the 500 level. The fight wasn't funny, but everyone on the field gawking at it sure was.So thanks again for everyone's advice (yes, even Boondock Saint's) and let's disband this White Sox team and start over in 2008.