PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the ROYALS???

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
The Kansas City Royals have scored 17 runs TWICE this week alone, and have had two 8-run games in the past week, as well as a 9-run game less than 2 weeks ago. That team's scoring runs in BUNCHES, something that I am truly envious of considering what we've seen from our offense all season long. It makes me shudder to think of the possibility of them passing us in the standings! :(:

What's up with those Royals?!

JB98
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
The Kansas City Royals have scored 17 runs TWICE this week alone, and have had two 8-run games in the past week, as well as a 9-run game less than 2 weeks ago. That team's scoring runs in BUNCHES, something that I am truly envious of considering what we've seen from our offense all season long. It makes me shudder to think of the possibility of them passing us in the standings! :(:

They took off as soon as Ross Gload went on the DL. :D:

Brian26
06-14-2007, 09:59 PM
They took off as soon as Ross Gload went on the DL. :D:

Alex Gordon is starting to hit finally.

No truth to the rumors that Amos Otis, Willie Aikens and U.L. Washington came out of retirement to try to help the offense.

Scottiehaswheels
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Let's hire their hitting coach!

jdm2662
06-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Let's hire their hitting coach!

You put that in teal, but after the Royals replaced their hitting coach in June last season, their hitting vastly improved...

DumpJerry
06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
What's up with the Royals? Why are you asking? Are they not allowed to score a lot of runs. I realize those of us who pull for the White Sox may view a run production of 3 runs per game to be as good as it gets, but they have been playing pretty decent (at times) baseball since they hired their new GM about a year ago.

They also smell 4th place.:angry:

DSpivack
06-14-2007, 11:18 PM
You put that in teal, but after the Royals replaced their hitting coach in June last season, their hitting vastly improved...

...And their pitching is decent. Especially if Greinke can replace Elarton. Their bullpen is actually pretty good. Hrmm...and they're only 3.5 back of the Sox.

MRM
06-15-2007, 12:47 AM
What's up with the Royals is they are going thru a "good" stretch. Happens to EVERY major league team every year. Even those that eventually lose 100 games. It's one of those things that hasn't happened to the Sox yet, but most assuredly will. Teams that win 100+ go through losing periods similarly. Call it a nuance of the game. Call it the baseball Gods letting themsleves be known. Call it bad chicken. It happens. Every year to every team. That's the beauty of a 162 game schedule.

AJ Hellraiser
06-15-2007, 12:58 AM
If we played the Royals right now, we'd get crushed... just sayin'

Nellie_Fox
06-15-2007, 12:59 AM
What's up with the Royals is they are going thru a "good" stretch. Happens to EVERY major league team every year. Even those that eventually lose 100 games. It's one of those things that hasn't happened to the Sox yet, but most assuredly will. Teams that win 100+ go through losing periods similarly. Call it a nuance of the game. Call it the baseball Gods letting themsleves be known. Call it bad chicken. It happens. Every year to every team. That's the beauty of a 162 game schedule.Call it the Poisson Distribution: the likelihood of clustering of randomly occurring events. If you flip a coin hundreds of times, there are likely to be stretches where the same result comes up multiple times in a row.

oeo
06-15-2007, 01:18 AM

I've thought they were a good young offensive club. :dunno:

The Sox may not be good enough to make the postseason, but they are (contrary to popular belief) better than this. They're just absolutely terrible right now, but it's not something that will "get worse" (how the hell can it get any worse) like a lot of people are saying. We'll win more than the Royals; and we're already getting better...we didn't lose today. :wink:

MRM
06-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Call it the Poisson Distribution: the likelihood of clustering of randomly occurring events. If you flip a coin hundreds of times, there are likely to be stretches where the same result comes up multiple times in a row.

Call it whatever you like, it's a simple fact of every teams season. The old addage "you will win 60 and lose 60 no matter what" stems from this. A winning streak WILL happen this year. The question is, when it happens will the good folks at WSI be gushing? Depends on when it happens, I suppose.